There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Seattle more physical than us.

Originally posted by Niner4ever:
The defense is fine...I believe we need to toughen up on the O- line.

But, how?

The nutcracker!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
jerry would have 57 total touchdowns on his career with roman

but the kicker would be an all time great.
There's no reason to question the 49ers D except the safeties allowing undrafted free agent receivers beating them deep. As for offense, the complete disappearance of VD and Gore ...
[ Edited by stimpy on Jan 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM ]
the offense looks intimidated out there against the elite defenses.
Seattle is who we were three years ago during Harbaugh's first season. Yes, they are more physical and so is Arizona. Our Dline is not physical and neither is our Oline despite the media fanfare. Our OL is weak as hell and it shows up against the best competition.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Seattle is who we were three years ago during Harbaugh's first season. Yes, they are more physical and so is Arizona. Our Dline is not physical and neither is our Oline despite the media fanfare. Our OL is weak as hell and it shows up against the best competition.

bigwads got it right. Our line may be athletic, but not strong.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
THIS^^^ It pains me to think how Roman would have used Jerry Rice and John Taylor....

He would have had Jerry do something cute fly sweep, toss it back to Kap, throw to John Taylor......INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!!
Yeah, so our d line does not have the intimidation factor going of rit. Justin is still a playmaker but we need more weight to have the impact of seattle's front line. 280 pounds of Justin/Ray can only go so far against 320 pound lineman.
No. The way I see it, the home team has been more physical the past several matchups. We won the trenches at SF. They won it at SEA. It's really been that simple.
I believe they have figured out the Seahawks in terms of composure playing in Seattle. In the NFC Championship game my main concern was that Wilson would scramble in the pocket, buy 5 or 6 seconds, and throw a Hail Mary for a big reception, which happened. Their situational pass rushers play fast. I wouldn't say they are more physical. If they play 7 or 8 in the box on first down find another strategy other than Frank up the middle.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
No. The way I see it, the home team has been more physical the past several matchups. We won the trenches at SF. They won it at SEA. It's really been that simple.

Well, you have to include the defensive back field as well. We have more complete, physical inside linebackers, but all their lbs are physically fast. So I think they chase things down better as a unit than most other d's.

How did we give up that misdirection TD by Lynch? Did you notice how eager our db's were to tackle him?
I don't know if this belongs here but I sort of hope Seattle wins. I know that's blasphemy but we've seen in the past 20 years or so how practically impossible it is for a team to win back to back superbowls. The last repeat champion was 10 years ago. What are the chances they regress to the mean as it were 2014 like we supposedly we're going to be here before? I say not likely that they still don't contend to win it all again unless they get decimated by injuries.
no they are not more physical.
you guys are kind of sorry..

right after we lost in week 2 the thread we have to accept they're bigger faster stronger and younger than us.

i guess we somehow became bigger faster stronger and younger later in the season when we beat them lol

they won by 6 points.

and we had ZERO OFFENSE and HUGE BRAIN FARTS ON DEFENSE

and won by 6 POINTS

stop this defeatist bull
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I don't know if this belongs here but I sort of hope Seattle wins. I know that's blasphemy but we've seen in the past 20 years or so how practically impossible it is for a team to win back to back superbowls. The last repeat champion was 10 years ago. What are the chances they regress to the mean as it were 2014 like we supposedly we're going to be here before? I say not likely that they still don't contend to win it all again unless they get decimated by injuries.

wow man.

win so they can't repeat?

come on....
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Stupid Siri, I meant the year before