There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Seattle more physical than us.

Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Originally posted by Raul98:
There not more physical than us there coaches are just smarter and more creative than ours. There also better at situational football than us and they make less mistakes.

True.
They didn't make the mistakes that we made we pretty much handed them the game with turn overs.
True. Situational Football. Which brings us to the most important question, is the coaching staff up to snuff when it comes to what Cohn wrote about in his column?

There not we settle for 3 points all the time in the red zone Roman calls the same plays over and over. Look at how Seattle turned a 3rd and 22 into 4th and 7 with a high completion % play to there TE which lead to a 4th and 7 and there hard count got us to jump leading to a free play for a TD. If we were in that situation on 3rd down we would have ran the ball up the middle with Gore for a gain of 1 and then punted. That's the difference between there coaching and ours.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jan 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Raul98:
There not we settle for 3 points all the time in the red zone Roman calls the same plays over and over. Look at how Seattle turned a 3rd and 22 into 4th and 7 with a high completion % play to there TE which lead to a 4th and 7 and there hard count got us to jump leading to a free play for a TD. If we were in that situation on 3rd down we would have ran the ball up the middle with Gore for a gain of 1 and then punted. That's the difference between there coaching and ours.

So what would you recommend be done about it?
Originally posted by Raul98:
They didn't make the mistakes that we made we pretty much handed them the game with turn overs.


They earned the game because cliff avril pushed anthony davis into Kaps jock strap causing him to throw a waffler on the best cb in the nfl.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Originally posted by Raul98:
There not we settle for 3 points all the time in the red zone Roman calls the same plays over and over. Look at how Seattle turned a 3rd and 22 into 4th and 7 with a high completion % play to there TE which lead to a 4th and 7 and there hard count got us to jump leading to a free play for a TD. If we were in that situation on 3rd down we would have ran the ball up the middle with Gore for a gain of 1 and then punted. That's the difference between there coaching and ours.

So what would you recommend be done about it?
Roman and Harbaugh and Kaepernick and company spend a lot of time in the off season reviewing game film and coming up with a new strategy for 2014.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jan 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Raul98:
They didn't make the mistakes that we made we pretty much handed them the game with turn overs.


They earned the game because cliff avril pushed anthony davis into Kaps jock strap causing him to throw a waffler on the best cb in the nfl.

I'm not denying what your saying but we made a lot of mistakes to with out those mistakes the out come might have been different.
Yes we did help them in several ways.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
It seems that we are always sustaining some type of injury when we play them. And, the NFC game was no different...It really bothers me that they out physical us (as it seems) and then a year ago big mouth Terrell Suggs called us the "fake tough guys."

Do we need to get more physical or is it just bad luck?


Or........ Maybe they have a malicious intent? Or is that "nutty" or in a conspiracy theory box?
they drink more milk than us obviously. injuries happen, its football. it also doesnt help that they bend the rules, hit late and hit low to injure most of the time. that team hates our guts and constantly breaks the rules put in place for player safety to do the most damage to us as possible.
they are more physical than our Oline. They were hitting our RBs before they got to the line of scrimmage on a number of occasions. Its been like that for a while now.
Oh stop. They're a good D. It doesn't bother me they are in the super bowl. it bothers me that we are not better. and we can be,
i believe their defense and running game is better than us, so yes. oline 49ers > seahawks but its close. lynch > gore for sure . their linebackers not as good as our but their secondary is better taller and more physical, and they got respectable pass rushers with benoit and the other dude from detroit. red bryant up the middle. i say defenses about the same with their secondary and our linebackers. lynch is the difference. our QB is more of a playmaker than wilson. wilson is a glorified game manager and will throw up a prayer every game and get lucky.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i believe their defense and running game is better than us, so yes. oline 49ers > seahawks but its close. lynch > gore for sure . their linebackers not as good as our but their secondary is better taller and more physical, and they got respectable pass rushers with benoit and the other dude from detroit. red bryant up the middle. i say defenses about the same with their secondary and our linebackers. lynch is the difference. our QB is more of a playmaker than wilson. wilson is a glorified game manager and will throw up a prayer every game and get lucky.

lynch is the difference for sure. hes a beast. extremely hard to tackle without a whole gang like VD used to be. hopefully lattimore can be that for us. all indications is that hes looking good and fully healed.
Yes.
We are more physical at WR TE OL DL MLB and QB. They're more physical at RB and their OL cut blocks to close the gap. They're more physical at CB S and ST. We whipped them physically at the Stick. Just watch. In the CLINK they arguably edged us but mental errors is what lost this game from players to coaches
If you call holding, offensive, and defensive physical, then yes. If you consider PI physical, then of course. If you think late hits, and chippiness around the pile is physical, then yes. I will give them this, their defense seems to play faster, and is more sudden in it's action, we could improve here. I suppose if the NFL is no longer calling PI, and defensive holding we should jump on that physical bandwagon.