LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Is Seattle more physical than us.

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's pretty sad that we've come to a point where we want our team to be just like the Seahawks.
their secondary sure is, but not the front 7.

both are just as important as the other though. but i wouldn't trade our defense for theirs, and thats what the question should be.
2. Seattle had its final "Competition Wednesday" of the year where the first-team units worked against each other, instead of facing the scout team like most teams do. Richard Sherman had an athletic interception at one point.

I read this and this got me to thinking. "Why doesn't every team do this?" I know the obvious answer is injuries but this has to be a big part why they are such a physical team. All those that said "Pete Carrol is a lousy coach" were out of their damn minds. The guy is very intelligent and even coaching crappy teams in his previous stints in the NFL his overall record is pretty darn respectable. Enough Seachicken butt kissing. I still hate them Hawks. Go Niners.
If we had won the Superbowl I wouldn't have rushed over the .Nut to make an account. F all you Hawk fans
The have a Legion of Boom secondary and a Beastmode RB. Those 2 things are better than us if you ask me. In some other areas things are pretty equal. We may even have a few advantages. But the physicality of those 2 things is obviously better for them.
I think we would have won if we led the league in PED violations and penalties.

But that's a Cheat Carrol team, not a Harbaugh team.

f**k SEA
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The have a Legion of Boom secondary and a Beastmode RB. Those 2 things are better than us if you ask me. In some other areas things are pretty equal. We may even have a few advantages. But the physicality of those 2 things is obviously better for them.

I put aggressive hand in hand with physical.

So..IMO where Seahawks are more physical/aggressive: RB, LOB Secondary, Defensive Line (this is a close one IMO). Where Niners are more physical/aggressive: Offensive Line, Pass-Rush, Linebackers, QB (RW scrambles to find someone to throw to, CK scrambles to run 15-50 yards on you), receiver core.

Anyway, yes I think the Seahawks are more physical just because its in the typical areas that people like to pay attention to or see more often. Running and the secondary.
I do not think Seattle is more physical. I do think they are more violent.

It is my opinion, and especially so when they play a few select teams, that Seattle intends to injure. I am not going to go into the reasons why I believe this, but I do and I believe that is the difference in the two teams.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I do not think Seattle is more physical. I do think they are more violent.

It is my opinion, and especially so when they play a few select teams, that Seattle intends to injure. I am not going to go into the reasons why I believe this, but I do and I believe that is the difference in the two teams.

Multiple cheap shots at player's legs probably. They took out MM last year and Ian Williams this year on some sketchy low blows.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
If we had won the Superbowl I wouldn't have rushed over the .Nut to make an account. F all you Hawk fans

You would if you were a Seahawk fan. You would quickly rush over here to feel validated only to cry when you found out your team and fans are a bunch of sleezeballs.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I put aggressive hand in hand with physical.

So..IMO where Seahawks are more physical/aggressive: RB, LOB Secondary, Defensive Line (this is a close one IMO). Where Niners are more physical/aggressive: Offensive Line, Pass-Rush, Linebackers, QB (RW scrambles to find someone to throw to, CK scrambles to run 15-50 yards on you), receiver core.

Anyway, yes I think the Seahawks are more physical just because its in the typical areas that people like to pay attention to or see more often. Running and the secondary.

Running back and secondary are areas you typically notice more. RB always. Secondary will be noticed with Sherman. If you don't notice he get in front of the TV camera and make you notice.

On our team we have Aldon Smith who is a great pass rusher. But he is a real quiet guy. He doesn't say anything to the media. So he may not be noticed as much. Our O Line is good but they stack the box and dare us to throw thus making it very hard to run. So it doesn't appear as good as it really is.
Share 49ersWebzone