LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Is Seattle more physical than us.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Your posts have no substance to them. We are talking about cheating and playing dirty, and you respond with "yeah we're tough. we'll get tougher. dawgs. 12s. hypersensitivity. scrap, battle, and fight."

There is an obvious disconnect in your logic. It's called homerism.

Thread title is: "Are the Seahawks more physical"

Answer: "Duh"

How's that for being germane, vinculumjuris?
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
It seems that we are always sustaining some type of injury when we play them. And, the NFC game was no different...It really bothers me that they out physical us (as it seems) and then a year ago big mouth Terrell Suggs called us the "fake tough guys."

Do we need to get more physical or is it just bad luck?

No. We beat them at home this year and last year. They had 4 possessions in great scoring position against us and rammed it down our throat for a whopping 3 points. Not 3 points each possession but 3 points total. One we sacked them twice and forced a punt. Twice they fumbled and once they got us for a field goal. We out hit them and out sacked them and probably would have won if the officials called a good game.

Our players were hurt because their players rolled up or dove on the backs or sides of their legs. I wonder if on purpose. Seattle is hardly the leader in sportsmanship and fair play. They lead the league in penalties and performance enhancing substance busts.

Our offensive line has trouble in seattle but what offensive line plays well while wearing ear plugs? How do you get off the ball on a snap count to drive block for the run?

As for Suggs he can kiss my A. Aldon Smith is ten times the player he is. I wouldn't trade Ahmed Brooks for him. They beat us last year because Aldon and Justin Smith were both playing hurt and couldn't mount a pass rush. They gutted it out hurt but with out a rush Flacco had all day and killed us. We scored on them big time but they outscored us. It was hardly Suggs and his toughness that won the game for them.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CitrusHawk:
Originally posted by boast:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/1/4290172/hgh-use-rampant-nfl

That's not illegal and not even being tested. What is your point Boast? I thought 49er fans whine and profess that Seahawks are roid-ers and that they cheat to win. smh...Thank you again, for further strengthening my point. Seahawks are not roid-heads..

I'm late to the party but just an FYI from the Seattle Times article a year ago: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2019776708_adderall28.html

The NFL, by virtue of a confidentiality provision in its contract with the NFL union, never discloses the substance involved in a violation. That has led to suspicions that in some instances, players or their representatives claim Adderall use because there is less stigma attached to an amphetamine with an acknowledged medical purpose than to other banned substances, such as anabolic steroids

Basically, Adderall is in the same category as roids but PR guys leak this info b/c it has less of a negative perception. That said, there have been some MD's in this board who also state athletes not only take roids but Adderall as well b/c it helps speed up the system, breaks down the "evidence" and flushes the system out quicker for the decreased likelihood an athlete gets caught when tested by the NFL.

The NFL also does their part as well by spreading these testings, fines and suspensions out (including the built-in appeal process itself coupled with "technicalities") IMHO so as not to hurt the "product on the field"...esp. around playoff times.

$$$$$$ and lies and hypocrisy. It's the NFL!

When Sherman can run toe-to-toe with VD and roid-rages every other day in the media, you may want to at least raise a red flag even if he is one hell of a player on your team...esp. in this day and age (cough, Lance Armstrong, cough).

Yeah I find it really odd that Sherman somehow got dramatically faster over the last two years. Somehow he runs with VD and in our regular season win over them, he out ran Earl Thomas to tackle Frank Gore on the 51 yard run. No way this dude naturally got as fast as Thomas and VD. Maybe it was just those particular plays, but Sherman sure use to be kind of slow. Now I don't know if there is stuff that helps you become faster, but I know there is stuff that helps you recover a lot faster which will affect your speed as the season goes on. When dude that ran a 4.54 is suddenly running with 4.3 guys, something is up.

Read the article...it covers the "other" benefits of these substances. And watching Pete Carroll run wind sprints on the sidelines through a wall of coaches and players after every TD for no reason at all and being 79 years old, people may want to question where he gets his unnatural "vitality" as well.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
It seems that we are always sustaining some type of injury when we play them. And, the NFC game was no different...It really bothers me that they out physical us (as it seems) and then a year ago big mouth Terrell Suggs called us the "fake tough guys."

Do we need to get more physical or is it just bad luck?

No. We beat them at home this year and last year. They had 4 possessions in great scoring position against us and rammed it down our throat for a whopping 3 points. Not 3 points each possession but 3 points total. One we sacked them twice and forced a punt. Twice they fumbled and once they got us for a field goal. We out hit them and out sacked them and probably would have won if the officials called a good game.

Our players were hurt because their players rolled up or dove on the backs or sides of their legs. I wonder if on purpose. Seattle is hardly the leader in sportsmanship and fair play. They lead the league in penalties and performance enhancing substance busts.

Our offensive line has trouble in seattle but what offensive line plays well while wearing ear plugs? How do you get off the ball on a snap count to drive block for the run?

As for Suggs he can kiss my A. Aldon Smith is ten times the player he is. I wouldn't trade Ahmed Brooks for him. They beat us last year because Aldon and Justin Smith were both playing hurt and couldn't mount a pass rush. They gutted it out hurt but with out a rush Flacco had all day and killed us. We scored on them big time but they outscored us. It was hardly Suggs and his toughness that won the game for them.

Suggz is a b***h. He came off as an arrogant pompous fool on NFL network a few weeks ago.
Read the article...it covers the "other" benefits of these substances. And watching Pete Carroll run wind sprints on the sidelines through a wall of coaches and players after every TD for no reason at all and being 79 years old, people may want to question where he gets his unnatural "vitality" as well.

Reports now breaking about Pete Carroll doing some weird gene therapy (currently the new "cheat" completely test-proof) treatment that supplements his hormones with alien DNA. And he's not 79 years old, he's only 77 or 78 maybe.
[ Edited by CitrusHawk on Jan 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM ]
Your posts have no substance to them. We are talking about cheating and playing dirty, and you respond with "yeah we're tough. we'll get tougher. dawgs. 12s. hypersensitivity. scrap, battle, and fight."

There is an obvious disconnect in your logic. It's called homerism.

Thread title is: "Are the Seahawks more physical"

Answer: "Duh"

How's that for being germane, vinculumjuris?

Never said it wasn't germane to the thread title. I said it wasn't germane to the conversation. Reading comprehension not working for you today?
Never said it wasn't germane to the thread title. I said it wasn't germane to the conversation. Reading comprehension not working for you today?

Ok, ok. You win. YOUR "superlative" posts where you demonstrate your vigilant monitoring of my conversation adherence has paid off. I'm a changed fan. The Seahawks are NOT more physical and they all take steroids (which is the only way conceivable that they can even compete with the 49ers).
[ Edited by CitrusHawk on Jan 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
Yeah I find it really odd that Sherman somehow got dramatically faster over the last two years. Somehow he runs with VD and in our regular season win over them, he out ran Earl Thomas to tackle Frank Gore on the 51 yard run. No way this dude naturally got as fast as Thomas and VD. Maybe it was just those particular plays, but Sherman sure use to be kind of slow. Now I don't know if there is stuff that helps you become faster, but I know there is stuff that helps you recover a lot faster which will affect your speed as the season goes on. When dude that ran a 4.54 is suddenly running with 4.3 guys, something is up.

ask carl lewis about how ben johnson suddenly got faster

Ah yes indeed
Originally posted by boast:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/1/4290172/hgh-use-rampant-nfl

That's not illegal and not even being tested. What is your point Boast? I thought 49er fans whine and profess that Seahawks are roid-ers and that they cheat to win. smh...Thank you again, for further strengthening my point. Seahawks are not roid-heads..

I'm late to the party but just an FYI from the Seattle Times article a year ago: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2019776708_adderall28.html

The NFL, by virtue of a confidentiality provision in its contract with the NFL union, never discloses the substance involved in a violation. That has led to suspicions that in some instances, players or their representatives claim Adderall use because there is less stigma attached to an amphetamine with an acknowledged medical purpose than to other banned substances, such as anabolic steroids

Basically, Adderall is in the same category as roids but PR guys leak this info b/c it has less of a negative perception. That said, there have been some MD's in this board who also state athletes not only take roids but Adderall as well b/c it helps speed up the system, breaks down the "evidence" and flushes the system out quicker for the decreased likelihood an athlete gets caught when tested by the NFL.

The NFL also does their part as well by spreading these testings, fines and suspensions out (including the built-in appeal process itself coupled with "technicalities") IMHO so as not to hurt the "product on the field"...esp. around playoff times.

$$$$$$ and lies and hypocrisy. It's the NFL!

When Sherman can run toe-to-toe with VD and roid-rages every other day in the media, you may want to at least raise a red flag even if he is one hell of a player on your team...esp. in this day and age (cough, Lance Armstrong, cough).

LOL that dude is in way too good of shape for his age. He's on some s**t too
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

ask carl lewis about how ben johnson suddenly got faster

ask carl lewis about his failed test at the american trials right before the 88 olympics. the entire field in the finals of 88 was juiced except for the brazilian.

Reports now breaking about Pete Carroll doing some weird gene therapy (currently the new "cheat" completely test-proof) treatment that supplements his hormones with alien DNA. And he's not 79 years old, he's only 77 or 78 maybe.

LOL! My bad on the semantics. Ha

Nice, those Unsealed Alien File shows are usually spot on.

We seem to always come out of those games hurt.
I don't know if they are more physical but I think their style on defense is more aggressive and makes big plays as opposed to ours which is more suffocating and prevents big plays (well in theory at least).
Originally posted by znk916:
I don't know if they are more physical but I think their style on defense is more aggressive and makes big plays as opposed to ours which is more suffocating and prevents big plays (well in theory at least).

There is definitely something to this. Seattle had multiple tipped-balls-turned-into-interceptions in the endzone this season. I only remember one for SF, and that might not have even been in the endzone. I'm jealous of that.
Ok, ok. You win. YOUR "superlative" posts where you demonstrate your vigilant monitoring of my conversation adherence has paid off. I'm a changed fan. The Seahawks are NOT more physical and they all take steroids (which is the only way conceivable that they can even compete with the 49ers).

Their secondary definitely is...then there's Lynch. I see Lattimore being a lot more physical for us next year...he's a tough, determined runner who doesn't go down with the first hit. In the secondary, both Brock and Culliver are physical, they're just a lot smaller than Seattle's CB's are. I'm hoping we draft Jean-Baptiste, who's got the size & tools to match some of the 'Hawks' physicality. We'll probably draft a couple CB's, so the other one needs to be physical, too. We'll get there.
Share 49ersWebzone