LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Is Seattle more physical than us.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Geeked:
Well, I don't believe they're more physical, but I do believe they match up well against the 49ers.

They run a 4-3. Against a power run team, this formation does well. The SH have an incredibly smart coach in Carroll, and an incredibly smart secondary. 49ers run a passing attack which is designed to get a particular receiver open. 49ers depend on execution in passes, if the designated receiver isn't open (defense doesn't bite) it's a sack, throw away or Keap needs to take off. That just doesn't work against a top defense.

Their offense will over-match the 49ers defense over time. DL can only take so much direct punishment before they start to get blown off the ball, the LB's will not fair well if OL start chipping into their level.

To beat the SH, the 49ers will have to put up points. To put up points against a team that has a smart fast defense, you're going to have to reduce dependence on play-action and AR's.

There are a lot of teams that have a hard time scoring on the SH..... so, they're also doing something right.
The thing is that we actually move the ball on them; our problem is the damn rz, oline forgetting to block at times, roman going potato, and Kaep making wtf throw was that plays. I'm confident if we add 1 or 2 speed wrs, Kaep learns to look for other wrs we finally beat them in Seattle
we're built on power, so last off season they countered with speed. coaching staff couldn't make the adjustments.

as far as injures............. could just be pure coincidence... but who knows............. i've accused seattle of a lot of stuff, but i'm not gonna accuse them on going full bounty on us.
Originally posted by CitrusHawk:
Originally posted by fly15:
They're a lucky team

Lucky? Hmm, maybe. But does that imply they have no talent? I would be more inclined to agree with your statement if you said they were an opportunistic team, i.e. forcing turnovers, gambling on 4th downs, consistently good field position due to "lucky" special team plays, forcing QBs to throw to where THEY want it to be thrown.

They lead the league in steroids and penalites. The face of your franchise is sherman, Your team blocks other fans from buying tickets and your fans throw s**t at injured guys.

Its a s**t franchise and f**k them .
Right now?......................Yes
Originally posted by pfizz:
For me personally the biggest difference is in RBs. Lynch literally beats up our guys and grinds them down compared to Frank who slickly maneuvers thru crevices and avoids taking big hits. Would be nice if we had a big, physical RB to match our our physical philosphy.

How many other RBs are capable of doing what Lynch does? I'm pretty sure the answer is none. His brute force is extremely rare.

But for all the hooplah surrounding him, he averaged 4.2 ypc. Frank Gore? 4.1 ypc. They have two completely different styles, but the production per carry was very similar.

The problem against Seattle was not the difference in RBs. We had a defensive breakdown on the long TD run. Reid took a horrific angle. Seattle's front 7 was too quick for our o-line to handle. They just beat us to the spot. It seemed like they were in the backfield instantly, all game long. The crowd noise forcing predictable snap counts didn't help either.
  • pfizz
Originally posted by SofaKing:
How many other RBs are capable of doing what Lynch does? I'm pretty sure the answer is none. His brute force is extremely rare.

But for all the hooplah surrounding him, he averaged 4.2 ypc. Frank Gore? 4.1 ypc. They have two completely different styles, but the production per carry was very similar.

The problem against Seattle was not the difference in RBs. We had a defensive breakdown on the long TD run. Reid took a horrific angle. Seattle's front 7 was too quick for our o-line to handle. They just beat us to the spot. It seemed like they were in the backfield instantly, all game long. The crowd noise forcing predictable snap counts didn't help either.

Obviously they're not identical to lynch but there's a couple of power backs like that have given us trouble ie Steven Jackson, Eddie Lacy, Ahmad Bradshaw, etc.
[ Edited by pfizz on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM ]
of course they are. and I have one word for you. steroids
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by outside4949:

this
Originally posted by Geeked:
Well, I don't believe they're more physical, but I do believe they match up well against the 49ers.

They run a 4-3. Against a power run team, this formation does well. The SH have an incredibly smart coach in Carroll, and an incredibly smart secondary. 49ers run a passing attack which is designed to get a particular receiver open. 49ers depend on execution in passes, if the designated receiver isn't open (defense doesn't bite) it's a sack, throw away or Keap needs to take off. That just doesn't work against a top defense.

Their offense will over-match the 49ers defense over time. DL can only take so much direct punishment before they start to get blown off the ball, the LB's will not fair well if OL start chipping into their level.

To beat the SH, the 49ers will have to put up points. To put up points against a team that has a smart fast defense, you're going to have to reduce dependence on play-action and AR's.

There are a lot of teams that have a hard time scoring on the SH..... so, they're also doing something right.

Since Seattle is the best in our division, and they also are a power run team, do you see us playing more 4-3? Or will having a set substitution on our D line help with fatigue of Justin and Mac?
I doubt we'll switch to a 4-3 full time like Dallas made us do in the 90s.
[ Edited by CharlieCobra on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:54 PM ]

Originally posted by outside4949:

Yah ok, ride that bus if'n ya want to....
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Since Seattle is the best in our division, and they also are a power run team, do you see us playing more 4-3? Or will having a set substitution on our D line help with fatigue of Justin and Mac?
I doubt we'll switch to a 4-3 full time like Dallas made us do in the 90s.

This is what I've talking about, they need to when playing against teams like the Seahawks. Look out for Eddie Lacy next yr for Greenbay as well.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
This is what I've talking about, they need to when playing against teams like the Seahawks. Look out for Eddie Lacy next yr for Greenbay as well.

I'd love a true NT, but I've read that we don't put too much of a premium to draft one in the early rounds.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
we're built on power, so last off season they countered with speed. coaching staff couldn't make the adjustments.

as far as injures............. could just be pure coincidence... but who knows............. i've accused seattle of a lot of stuff, but i'm not gonna accuse them on going full bounty on us.

they countered with PEDs, holding, and fake noise.
they have never been "more physical" than the 49ers at candlestick. why do you suppose that is?
why did they set the record for crowd noise at somewhere around 140db, yet in the middle of the most exciting moments of the NFCCG, the noise never got over 109 on the stupid little fox gauge thingie?
why did they overturn the first TD, even though it was a huge pileup and there wasnt really a clear shot? that led to iupatis injury
why do you not call roughing the kicker when thats a clear call?(BTW, do you think if the situation had been reversed the outcome woulda been the same? i dont.)

gotta start asking the right questions.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They lead the league in steroids and penalites. The face of your franchise is sherman, Your team blocks other fans from buying tickets and your fans throw s**t at injured guys.

Its a s**t franchise and f**k them .
Ok, well not sure why you needed all the swear words, but I agree some perceptions are true. Ok, so one at a time:

1. Steroids were not in any news story I've read. Adderall yes, ganja yes. Current list of PED bans by team total.

Seattle Seahawks-5
Denver Broncos-4
New York Giants-4
New England Patriots-3
Washington Redskins-3
Cincinnati Bengals-3
Houston Texans-3
St. Louis Rams-3

2. Penalties: Yes, the Seahawks are the BEST in this category too. It's their style of Defense that incurs more infractions while infuriating opponents. But it works.

3. The face of the Seahawks franchise lately is indeed Sherman... for now. He is the best, but their "face of franchise" is currently based on his emotional/ridiculous game-ending rant. I feel that is was the media that has encouraged and promoted for $$ sake. I guess somebody has to be the bad guy.

4. Seahawks ticket limit: -news story- "Broncos, Seahawks set geographic limits for conference championship ticket sales." Well if you read about this, then you understand. But I'm sure most only hear whatever limited info helps perpetuate their own bias.

5. Fans thowing stuff at injured guys: I did see popcorn. I read that it was one fan (classless in my opinion). Actually, the Seahawks' fanbase is especially appalled, hence our show of support and funds raised for his cause. Regardless, the "one bad apple" saying applies here, unfortunately.

Finally, to address your last sentiment: They are an NFC Championship franchise, it's a fact... and No, you cannot fornicate with them.
[ Edited by CitrusHawk on Jan 28, 2014 at 8:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone