There are 174 users in the forums

Time to trade our 1st round pick to Cleveland for Gordon

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we are playing the if game than yes that would be awesome but I doubt it Cleveland would want too much
Originally posted by ads_2006:
just like the hawks did for harvin right?

dude is a risk

So is every single draft pick.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
could have had him for a second rounder.

thanks a lot baalkebama
Originally posted by susweel:

thanks a lot baalkebama

Absolutely no proof of that at all. I suspected that Cleveland wouldn't have traded him for anything short of a 1st round pick, now they definitely won't trade him.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
gordon is worth more than our 1st rd pick. he's 22; he's proven he can make plays against the best the nfl offers. sure, he has to grow as a player, but the risk is small compared to drafting a wr high. he's likely to be a high quality #1 for quite a few more years. those are rare birds; find one and keep him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

thanks a lot baalkebama

Absolutely no proof of that at all. I suspected that Cleveland wouldn't have traded him for anything short of a 1st round pick, now they definitely won't trade him.

it was reporter by Schlefter
it was reporter by Schlefter

So Jim Harbaugh is indeed the coach of the Miami Dolphins, that was also reported by Schefter, 49ers were out of the running.

It was all a bunch of b******t, it was also reported that multiple teams were ready to offer a 2nd rounder, so why didn't a deal get done? IMO, Cleveland was taking feelers, they had gotten a 1st rounder for Richardson and were feeling froggy, hoping to get yet another 1st rounder from someone. When Gordon started to tear it up, any talk of trades was over.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I like Gordon a lot and he's a proven WR and put up good numbers with 3 less than stellar QBs. AJ Jenkins was a 1st rounder and didn't do anything and a 1st round pick waste. So trading for him would be awesome. Only problem is I think he's only a strike or 2 away from year suspension. So you use the 1st round pick he gets caught drunk or with drugs and the pick is out the window. Just like drafting AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So Jim Harbaugh is indeed the coach of the Miami Dolphins, that was also reported by Schefter, 49ers were out of the running.

It was all a bunch of b******t, it was also reported that multiple teams were ready to offer a 2nd rounder, so why didn't a deal get done? IMO, Cleveland was taking feelers, they had gotten a 1st rounder for Richardson and were feeling froggy, hoping to get yet another 1st rounder from someone. When Gordon started to tear it up, any talk of trades was over.

Schlefter, not Schefter.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers 1st round picks since 2006:

Vernon Davis
Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Anthony Davis
Michael Crabtree
Patrick Willis
Eric Reid
Aldon Smith

All key players that help get this team to the playoffs the last 3 years. I'd rather take a chance on a draft pick and gain their trust, than to trade for a current NFL player which you don't know what you'll get once his contract is up. Especially for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
just like the hawks did for harvin right?

dude is a risk

yeah but the idea is to trade a pick and extend him...
Not gonna happen. He's off the block. No way the Browns would accept a late 1st for him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Draft picks are not subject to a one year automatic suspension. This guy is.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers 1st round picks since 2006:

Vernon Davis
Joe Staley
Mike Iupati
Anthony Davis
Michael Crabtree
Patrick Willis
Eric Reid
Aldon Smith

All key players that help get this team to the playoffs the last 3 years. I'd rather take a chance on a draft pick and gain their trust, than to trade for a current NFL player which you don't know what you'll get once his contract is up. Especially for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Oh yeah you also forgot the homeruns they have hit picking late in the first like A.J. Jenkins and Quentwan Balmer. All those guys you listed you or I could have picked .They were all blue chip players. I would trade this first and an additional 3rd or 4th with no hesitation.
Originally posted by buck:
Draft picks are not subject to a one year automatic suspension. This guy is.

Bet you are willing to pay Aldon yet he is also subject to a one year suspension. Last time I checked this guy didnt wreck his car in a front yard, and go to rehab for half the season.
Share 49ersWebzone