There are 205 users in the forums

Time to trade our 1st round pick to Cleveland for Gordon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Everyone who wants Gordon is now being judged.
By me.

Originally posted by Quest4six:
By me.

Ya Gordon would be nice, for a late round flier...
My crow is officially ate.Soooo did not see this coming from dude.I wanted em bad at low risk to us, wouldnt touch em wit a 10' pole now.

Lmao at the Clowns who had Sammy sittin right there.What do they do, they trade for Manziel.The owner tells him to chill out, lol he says "Im not changin".Now they have not one, but two problem children on their hands.

Smh Clowns gon clown
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jul 6, 2014 at 7:53 PM ]
My bad, wrong thread.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Jul 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
My crow is officially ate.Soooo did not see this coming from dude.I wanted em bad at low risk to us, wouldnt touch em wit a 10' pole now.

Lmao at the Clowns who had Sammy sittin right there.What do they do, they trade for Manziel.The owner tells him to chill out, lol he says "Im not changin".Now they have not one, but two problem children on their hands.

Smh Clowns gon clown

They didn't pass on Sammy to take Manziel. They traded back and took Gilbert (who is expected to fill a position that was a vulnerability for them last season) and also came away with an additional 1st and 4th round pick in 2015.
Yea I was in favor for making a trade for this guy. Pretty apparent how wrong I was on that. Glad Aldon has this front office helping him vs what's happening in Cleveland. But if it's to this extent the guy really needs some close friends or relatives to tell him he needs the help and get him some help.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
By me.

Ya Gordon would be nice, for a late round flier...

it wouldn't be a bad idea, give up a late pick for him.

Have him train most of the season to stay in shape. then he could be our insurance if Crab leaves next year
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Have him train most of the season to stay in shape. then he could be our insurance if Crab leaves next year

I think Crabs gets extended this offseason or next. The last thing the niners want is Crabs going to Seattle, which you never know.
Originally posted by Baldie:

I think Crabs gets extended this offseason or next. The last thing the niners want is Crabs going to Seattle, which you never know.
well if he doesn't, it would be nice to fall back on and for cheap.

Seattle has blown all kinds of money and they still need to sign RW, they couldn't afford Crabs
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:

well if he doesn't, it would be nice to fall back on and for cheap.

Seattle has blown all kinds of money and they still need to sign RW, they couldn't afford Crabs

With the crap that went on between Crab and Sherman. I don't think he'd play for the Hawks. But then again you'd be amazed how much of the "drama" we all take to epic proportions gets squished once players play together, much like how much we like to think teammates love each other so much, but will bounce to other teams if the $ is right.

Originally posted by zaghawk:
With the crap that went on between Crab and Sherman. I don't think he'd play for the Hawks. But then again you'd be amazed how much of the "drama" we all take to epic proportions gets squished once players play together, much like how much we like to think teammates love each other so much, but will bounce to other teams if the $ is right.

Yep. If the money is right, Crabs is a goner and I don't think he's that opposed to playing in Seattle to turn down a large pay day.

It's not like he and Sherman have to be friends just because they play for the same team.
The real loser in this is Cleveland. Rumor had it that they had several teams willing to give up a second for Gordon, but Cleveland's FO stuck to their guns in wanting a first.

Even with Gordon, they still needed help on both sides of the ball. Now he's gone and they have nothing to show for it except one great, albeit ultimately meaningless season from him.
[ Edited by baltien on Jul 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
The real loser in this is Clevelans. Rumor had it that they had several teams willing to give up a second for Gordon, but Cleveland's FO stuck to their guns in wanting a first.

Even with Gordon, they still needed help on both sides of the ball. Now he's gone and they have nothing to show for it except one great albeit ultimately meaningless season from him.

I have a hard time believing teams would give up a 2nd for a player who'd be suspended for a year, although, I guess it's not much different than what we did with Tank except that Gordon would be on a short leash with the league office when back from the suspension.

But, yeah, I almost feel bad for Cleveland. They can't seem to do anything right. I think Johnny Football is definitely not the answer for them. And if I'm wrong, I'll eat the crow on that.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zaghawk:

You don't see alot of loyalty anymore in the NFL like back in the day. One example of loyalty I think is Boldin. After the season I'm sure he could have gone and gotten paid much more somewhere else but chose to stay in SF for a "fair" deal and because he loves it here. Gore might be another example.
I wonder if johnny manziel can play WR? Because if not he won't have much to throw to. And as far as this thread started, what a difference a weekend makes. Cleveland is right now sucking hind tiddy on a dog with one too many pups. They are truly snakebit, or the gang that couldn't shoot straight. They do manage to stay in the news with Johnny Manz's weekend partying. How wonderful.
And to think, we could have moved up to get him. Sheesh. The Gordon thing, tho, is a real nut cutter.
Share 49ersWebzone