There are 233 users in the forums

Vince Young Files For Bankruptcy

Shop 49ers game tickets
See what happens when you let others handle your money, especially a relative? You declare yourself bankrupted in the end.

I guess the Wonderlic was right about him.

http://www.tennessean.com/proart/20140122/sports01/301220175/former-titans-quarterback-vince-young-files-bankruptcy?pagerestricted=1
[ Edited by robniner on Jan 22, 2014 at 12:23 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
shocking
Sign him
This is a pretty sad story. Sorry to see how he has fall'n so far. He seemed like such a promising prospect when he entered the league.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
dude is broke as f**k, relatively speaking of course. He's got less than a mill to his name and he pocket $25 million right out of college. Probably made at least another $10 mill over the next 8 years.

Sad story.
Idiot.

I'm hope we will be reading about Richard Sherman doing this in a few years.
good for him
Tragic that this happens so VERY often.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

vinny was a dunce at a college that doesnt care if you're a drooling idiot as long as you can play ball.

sherman went to stanford and is smart. he will unfortunately be around awhile. (i still think hes on PEDs tho. im hoping for a "shawn merriman" replay)
I guess if I suddenly came into millions straight out of college then I would have invested something or IDK, hide part of it under a mattress.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Be nice. Sherman isn't making much money (in football terms.) He'd better score a good contract extension because his outbursts don't help make himself marketable.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
They should change the NFL pension system and how the players are paid. A player has to contribute a mandatory amount of his salary to a pension fund, get some help from the IRS and make it tax deferred. Most of these players know way less about money than the average Joe. They need to be protected from themselves and all the leeches that suck money out of them.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it seems to me that vince will be making $33,000 per month once he reaches age 55, thanks to his nfl pension. he's just got to find a $10/hour job and hang on for 25 years, then he can go back to being mr big at the cheesecake factory.
Share 49ersWebzone