LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Can I Ask? Why Didn't Harbaugh and Baalke Draft Richard Sherman??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Sherman as a player was a diamond in the rough. He honestly got his chance due to injury. Much like CK got his chance when Alex Smith got injured. Hindsight 20/20. Hell if you're going to ask questions like this, why did the Niners draft Smith over Rogers?!? could you imagine this Niners team with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Smith and Rodgers were both top prospects. Sherman came out of nowhere with bloodshot eyes and shrunken testicles. Big difference.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by kronik:
Would you want to be around such an arrogant, instigating calculating coward everyday for the next decade?

hell no!!as an old school 9er fan since the 80's,ive had enough of mfs like that.TO gave me more than my fill of that type of bs.im glad we didnt draft dick sherman.

All I know is what Singletary did to VD would be nothing compared to what he would do with TO or Sherman. Anyone notice how quiet TO was before Par cells left DAL. You heard nothing from him. When Par cells left TO came out. Sherman would be exiled in our locker room especially with Sing as coach
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Would you want to be around such an arrogant, instigating calculating coward everyday for the next decade?

hell no!!as an old school 9er fan since the 80's,ive had enough of mfs like that.TO gave me more than my fill of that type of bs.im glad we didnt draft dick sherman.

All I know is what Singletary did to VD would be nothing compared to what he would do with TO or Sherman. Anyone notice how quiet TO was before Par cells left DAL. You heard nothing from him. When Par cells left TO came out. Sherman would be exiled in our locker room especially with Sing as coach

This. As ineffective as Singletary was in general, I don't think anyone can deny that VD is a better man as a direct result of Sing's coaching. Even VD admits it. Bad behavior needs to be corrected, not encouraged or enabled. Looking at you, Carroll.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

This. As ineffective as Singletary was in general, I don't think anyone can deny that VD is a better man as a direct result of Sing's coaching. Even VD admits it. Bad behavior needs to be corrected, not encouraged or enabled. Looking at you, Carroll.

This. there's a reason why the niners haven't hired a "players coach" ever since mooch couldn't control TO.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
This. there's a reason why the niners haven't hired a "players coach" ever since mooch couldn't control TO.

nfl has a history of not letting those type of guys win superbowls (TO, Moss) so, heres to hoping that keeps up.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I actually think Harbs would love him some Charles "let me go piss on your car and grab your dick" Haley

Maybe, his production and demeanor on the field would be admired by Harbs I think and Charles wasn't pissing on the coaches can in front of the camera for the national media to see and experience live right along with him as he did it.
Harbaugh didn't get Sherman, but after watching this highlight video, there is no excuse for missing out on Doug Baldwin. He does it all.

http://vimeo.com/22704382
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dks89:
Harbaugh didn't get Sherman, but after watching this highlight video, there is no excuse for missing out on Doug Baldwin. He does it all.

http://vimeo.com/22704382

That video was more of a highlight reel for andrew luck than it was for baldwin. I bet 70% of those catches are made with his body.
The Baldwin story as been explained in Niner Talk. Supposedly our receiver coach wanted us to draft Ronald Johnson, which Harbaugh was ok with to show that he would value staff opinion. Clearly that didn't work out, but I think that whiff is the main reason we didn't end up with Doug Baldwin, as well as Seattle beating us to the punch with offering him a free agent contract.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

The media for the next 2 weeks will tell you he's all about the Seahawks and the team...LOB! but he's all about promoting himself, very much like T.O.. Owens had all the ability in the world but he constantly complained and divided the team. Later in his career when he was getting slower he just upped his antics to stay in the media attention.

No he didn't. Owens is mistakenly placed into the same category as Sherman and Chad, but he is nothing like them whatsoever.

Sherman is the type of guy to go on ESPN and tell Skip Bayless, "you are a cretin. I am better at life than you." Chad is the type of guy to tell Skip, "kiss my black a--."

Owens would never say things that disrespectful to someone's face. He was on ESPN with Bayless and asked if he had anything he wanted to tell him, and all Owens could muster was, "I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion."

Owens has a politically correct filter, Chad and Sherman do not. The problem is, the media always reads between the lines with everything Owens says because he was vilified after the star celebrations.

Chad and Sherman are actually the brains behind their self promotion. Owens isn't, unless you're thinking of TD celebrations. People approach him with stuff and he agrees to do it. He likes the spotlight, but he's not thinking of ways to get attention. It just comes to him.

Originally posted by TruthSpeaker:
No he didn't. Owens is mistakenly placed into the same category as Sherman and Chad, but he is nothing like them whatsoever.

Sherman is the type of guy to go on ESPN and tell Skip Bayless, "you are a cretin. I am better at life than you." Chad is the type of guy to tell Skip, "kiss my black a--."

Owens would never say things that disrespectful to someone's face. He was on ESPN with Bayless and asked if he had anything he wanted to tell him, and all Owens could muster was, "I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion."

Owens has a politically correct filter, Chad and Sherman do not. The problem is, the media always reads between the lines with everything Owens says because he was vilified after the star celebrations.

Chad and Sherman are actually the brains behind their self promotion. Owens isn't, unless you're thinking of TD celebrations. People approach him with stuff and he agrees to do it. He likes the spotlight, but he's not thinking of ways to get attention. It just comes to him.

The spotlight came to Owens, yes in part because of his antics but mostly because he did have transcendent talent as a WR. Had TO stayed put and kept his mouth shut a bit he would have rivaled or perhaps passed Rice on the all time list in some statistics
The spotlight came to Owens, yes in part because of his antics but mostly because he did have transcendent talent as a WR. Had TO stayed put and kept his mouth shut a bit he would have rivaled or perhaps passed Rice on the all time list in some statistics

Here's what happened when he kept his mouth shut: http://www.ecphorizer.com/EPS/site_page.php?page=61&issue=9

You are correct, though, in that his status as an elite receiver was critical to the media's concern with him.
Share 49ersWebzone