There are 258 users in the forums

Can I Ask? Why Didn't Harbaugh and Baalke Draft Richard Sherman??

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • rrx1
  • Veteran
He's not a team first guy and is mentally unstable. It's one thing for him to keep saying to the media that he's all about the team, but his actions sing a different tune. He's also not mentally stable and seems to be unable to take any criticism without throwing a tantrum. I'd imagine he's hard to coach as you can't tell him he's playing like s**t without him getting butt hurt and unpredictable.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
The 49ers have missed the boat on numerous Stanford and Cal players over the past several years. What's done is done.

Oh big deal, we missed out on Aaron Rodgers, Desean Jackson, Richard Sherman. We dont need those guys.

umm..this Niner team with Aaron Rodgers at QB would be the scariest team in the NFL for the past decade. Top 3 Defense, Elite QB, good Receiver Corp, good running game, good special teams. "big deal"?!?

w/ Aaron rodgers at QB we're probably not in position to draft a lot of key guys on the team................. Jim Harbaugh is also probably in Miami......

but that's another top that's been beat to death around here...............
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 22, 2014 at 3:27 PM ]
you'll see why during the broncos game.
The 49ers have missed the boat on numerous Stanford and Cal players over the past several years. What's done is done.

Oh big deal, we missed out on Aaron Rodgers, Desean Jackson, Richard Sherman. We dont need those guys.

umm..this Niner team with Aaron Rodgers at QB would be the scariest team in the NFL for the past decade. Top 3 Defense, Elite QB, good Receiver Corp, good running game, good special teams. "big deal"?!?

Aaron would have told Nolan to eff off and left when his contract was up.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by CitrusHawk:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I would absolutely hate Sherman being a Niner. Seriously. If I were a Douchhawk fan id be ashamed he was on my team. He is a me 1st always kind of guy. He is a bold faced liar, creating fictional beef between he and Harbaugh on multiple occasions. He behaves like an elementary school kid, and then can't understand when a coach tells him to grow the eff up so he throws a tantrum instead of thanking Harbaugh for realizing what a talent he had for playing CB. He's all nice when the situation is good, charity events, media kissing his ass, but soon as anyone is the least bit critical he flies off the handle like a child and then gets indignant when offense is taken. I would hate hate hate Dick Sherman as a Niner, even if he paid us and was a negative cap hit.

He's a perfect fit in Seadderall. They have the perfect coach for a player like Dick Sherman.

An eagle's fan blogger said it best, but he's coming from a nonbiased point of view. Regarding Sherman, he is polarizing for sure. I'm happy he's a Seahawk, and I will defend him.. as a homer of course, but to say you wouldn't want him to be a 49er is what everybody says about these rare "T.O." type of players I guess.

Sherman is a Seahawk, period.
"If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife. If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays."

Dick Sherrman is not rare. He is above average if forced to play by the rules. He is above average if he tried to just cover Deion or Green or Baily style. He has been coached to cheat as admitted by your own coaching staff.

Can you imagine a Niner under this current coaching staff behaving that way and repeatedly? Acting like a jackass at his post game press confrences, all the post play/post game trash talking after a win? As an opponent and obviously biased I guarantee your answer is no. You will spin it that Harbaugh bad blah blah, Pete good blah blah. When it comes down to it, that s**t wouldn't be tolerated in SF because it takes away from the team, and the team is #1 first foremost and always under Harbaugh. Selfish players need not apply, and that's why Harbaugh passed on drafting Sherman, because he knew what kind of player/person Dick Sherman is. Dude can't accept criticism and lashes out at anyone who says anything other than he's awesome.

I actually think Harbs would love him some Charles "let me go piss on your car and grab your dick" Haley
Because he's an attention whore and he has no way of knowing beforehand who the league will and won't let get away with blatant holding.
Originally posted by CitrusHawk:
An eagle's fan blogger said it best, but he's coming from a nonbiased point of view. Regarding Sherman, he is polarizing for sure. I'm happy he's a Seahawk, and I will defend him.. as a homer of course, but to say you wouldn't want him to be a 49er is what everybody says about these rare "T.O." type of players I guess.

Sherman is a Seahawk, period.
"If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife. If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays."

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. The Cowboys did this too. Jimmy Johnson and Michael Irvin and company would talk and talk and talk and then they would back it up by beating you. That is TOTALLY different from Dick Sherman.

As much as I hated Michael Irvin, he would NEVER act with a total disregard for sportsmanship and self respect the way Dick does. Sherman is taking the very idea of "RESPECT", and pissing on it, and laughing about it as he does it.

Talking is one thing, but showing a lack of respect at all times is completely different.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Same reason 31 other teams didn't draft him until the gutter of the NFL decided to add him to their sideshow. He was not the same player three years ago. Lax officiating and PEDs can do a lot for a player.

This.

He lasted all the way into the 5th round for a reason. Cheating does wonders for a player.
Harbaugh also didn't draft Doug Baldwin. He is the type of "my way or the highway" coach.
Why? It's obviously because of his awful personality. Would you want to be around such an arrogant, instigating calculating coward everyday for the next decade?

Originally posted by kronik:
Would you want to be around such an arrogant, instigating calculating coward everyday for the next decade?

hell no!!as an old school 9er fan since the 80's,ive had enough of mfs like that.TO gave me more than my fill of that type of bs.im glad we didnt draft dick sherman.
Originally posted by linkboy:

Aaron would have told Nolan to eff off and left when his contract was up.

Eh we missed out on Tom Brady too.
Doug Baldwin is a WR that for Some GODDAM Reason our CBs cannot cover? These guys were in Harbaugh's Lap, you mean to tell me he didn't want them? Both have produced bigtime for the Seachickens.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Harbaugh also didn't draft Doug Baldwin. He is the type of "my way or the highway" coach.

in fairness nobody drafted him. seattle offered him more money as a UDFA than anyone. the 49ers were allegedly in on him too.
Sherman as a player was a diamond in the rough. He honestly got his chance due to injury. Much like CK got his chance when Alex Smith got injured. Hindsight 20/20. Hell if you're going to ask questions like this, why did the Niners draft Smith over Rogers?!? could you imagine this Niners team with Aaron Rodgers at QB.
Share 49ersWebzone