There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can I Ask? Why Didn't Harbaugh and Baalke Draft Richard Sherman??

David Shaw was on KNBR earlier today and was asked if Harbaugh said things about Sherman to make him drafted lower. Shaw called that a flat lie. He said people knew that he was a corner for just 2 years and was still learning the position and his combine was average with his 40 time. He was in the middle of CB's in teh draft with more higher prospects ahead of him. Now maybe if he was a 4 year CB than he might have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but to many NFL scouts he was unknown. Now Capt. Hindsight says maybe Baalke should of drafted him, but he had a low grade. Shaw mentioned that he was talking to Carroll about Sherman when they wanted to draft him.
If Pete Carroll really thought Sherman would become the best CB in the league he woulda taken him earlier. They took a chance on him and they got lucky, s**t happens.

Same thing with Belichick drafting Brady. Nothing genius about it, they just lucked out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,124
Originally posted by sfout:
For the zillionth time in 3 years. Harbaugh moved him from WR to DB which Sherman didn't like. Then according to Sherman, Harbaugh was blunt and "bad mouthed" him to teams about his personality which caused him to go undrafted.

All hearsay from Sherman besides the position switch and Sherman sure can't be trusted as his "incident" with Harbaugh was completely disproved by video evidence. Then regarding the "incident" at Larry F's golf tournament a "source" told the Seattle Times that based off of body language it was Sherman who was the instigator and that Crabtree was just laughing it off. Story can be found here.....

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

Credibility was lost when that article said "to go undrafted".
I could definitely see Harbaugh butting heads with Sherman back in college. They're like oil & water. Dick is a brash, charismatic, loudmouthed, media attention whore and Jim is a big personality also but a more low-key, no nonsense guy with an offbeat sense of humor who wouldn't deal with the media if he could avoid it (though he's grown into a good media interview). This doesn't mean he talked s**t about Sherman to other NFL teams.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sfout:
For the zillionth time in 3 years. Harbaugh moved him from WR to DB which Sherman didn't like. Then according to Sherman, Harbaugh was blunt and "bad mouthed" him to teams about his personality which caused him to go undrafted.

All hearsay from Sherman besides the position switch and Sherman sure can't be trusted as his "incident" with Harbaugh was completely disproved by video evidence. Then regarding the "incident" at Larry F's golf tournament a "source" told the Seattle Times that based off of body language it was Sherman who was the instigator and that Crabtree was just laughing it off. Story can be found here.....

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

Credibility was lost when that article said "to go undrafted".

The undrafted part was added by the poster, so credibility is still intact as far as I know.
I'm guessing his mental evaluations didn't come out so good. He's Brandon Marshall without a diagnosis.
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
The 49ers have missed the boat on numerous Stanford and Cal players over the past several years. What's done is done.

Oh big deal, we missed out on Aaron Rodgers, Desean Jackson, Richard Sherman. We dont need those guys.
Originally posted by sfout:
For the zillionth time in 3 years. Harbaugh moved him from WR to DB which Sherman didn't like. Then according to Sherman, Harbaugh was blunt and "bad mouthed" him to teams about his personality which caused him to go undrafted.

All hearsay from Sherman besides the position switch and Sherman sure can't be trusted as his "incident" with Harbaugh was completely disproved by video evidence. Then regarding the "incident" at Larry F's golf tournament a "source" told the Seattle Times that based off of body language it was Sherman who was the instigator and that Crabtree was just laughing it off. Story can be found here.....

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

This doucebag uses s**t in his mind as fuel to push himself,he feels everything is a slight towards him.every outburst is always about what somebody said to him that he didnt like.from skip,to revis,to crabtree,etc.sounds like PED fueled paranoia to me.


Can we please stop giving this fake ass wannabee Deion attention now already?
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
The 49ers have missed the boat on numerous Stanford and Cal players over the past several years. What's done is done.

Oh big deal, we missed out on Aaron Rodgers, Desean Jackson, Richard Sherman. We dont need those guys.

umm..this Niner team with Aaron Rodgers at QB would be the scariest team in the NFL for the past decade. Top 3 Defense, Elite QB, good Receiver Corp, good running game, good special teams. "big deal"?!?
Originally posted by WINiner:
I would absolutely hate Sherman being a Niner. Seriously. If I were a Douchhawk fan id be ashamed he was on my team. He is a me 1st always kind of guy. He is a bold faced liar, creating fictional beef between he and Harbaugh on multiple occasions. He behaves like an elementary school kid, and then can't understand when a coach tells him to grow the eff up so he throws a tantrum instead of thanking Harbaugh for realizing what a talent he had for playing CB. He's all nice when the situation is good, charity events, media kissing his ass, but soon as anyone is the least bit critical he flies off the handle like a child and then gets indignant when offense is taken. I would hate hate hate Dick Sherman as a Niner, even if he paid us and was a negative cap hit.

He's a perfect fit in Seadderall. They have the perfect coach for a player like Dick Sherman.

An eagle's fan blogger said it best, but he's coming from a nonbiased point of view. Regarding Sherman, he is polarizing for sure. I'm happy he's a Seahawk, and I will defend him.. as a homer of course, but to say you wouldn't want him to be a 49er is what everybody says about these rare "T.O." type of players I guess.

Sherman is a Seahawk, period.
"If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife. If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays."
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
The 49ers have missed the boat on numerous Stanford and Cal players over the past several years. What's done is done.

Oh big deal, we missed out on Aaron Rodgers, Desean Jackson, Richard Sherman. We dont need those guys.

umm..this Niner team with Aaron Rodgers at QB would be the scariest team in the NFL for the past decade. Top 3 Defense, Elite QB, good Receiver Corp, good running game, good special teams. "big deal"?!?

yea,like he said,big deal.here when he was drafted,under nolan,rodgers didnt have a HOF qb to sit behind for 3 years.nolan would have played him immediatly also,rodgers would not be the player he is now.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Hey it's king hippo from the original mike Tyson puchout. Hit him the the mouth, and that should open up the gut for an easy ko. Sorry for the dated reference, but that was my first thought seeing that pic

Only problem is, when he is hit/pushed in the face he runs the whole other direction and finds the nearest mic to do his wrestling pose. The definition of a fake tough guy. Williams from Washington cracked him last year with no fight back and Crabtree dared him to do something on Sunday and he ran to do his hype interview.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM ]
Harbaugh wants to be in control of his team (which he should be) and Sherman is out of control.



that's the bottom line.
Originally posted by CitrusHawk:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I would absolutely hate Sherman being a Niner. Seriously. If I were a Douchhawk fan id be ashamed he was on my team. He is a me 1st always kind of guy. He is a bold faced liar, creating fictional beef between he and Harbaugh on multiple occasions. He behaves like an elementary school kid, and then can't understand when a coach tells him to grow the eff up so he throws a tantrum instead of thanking Harbaugh for realizing what a talent he had for playing CB. He's all nice when the situation is good, charity events, media kissing his ass, but soon as anyone is the least bit critical he flies off the handle like a child and then gets indignant when offense is taken. I would hate hate hate Dick Sherman as a Niner, even if he paid us and was a negative cap hit.

He's a perfect fit in Seadderall. They have the perfect coach for a player like Dick Sherman.

An eagle's fan blogger said it best, but he's coming from a nonbiased point of view. Regarding Sherman, he is polarizing for sure. I'm happy he's a Seahawk, and I will defend him.. as a homer of course, but to say you wouldn't want him to be a 49er is what everybody says about these rare "T.O." type of players I guess.

Sherman is a Seahawk, period.
"If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife. If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays."

Dick Sherrman is not rare. He is above average if forced to play by the rules. He is above average if he tried to just cover Deion or Green or Baily style. He has been coached to cheat as admitted by your own coaching staff.

Can you imagine a Niner under this current coaching staff behaving that way and repeatedly? Acting like a jackass at his post game press confrences, all the post play/post game trash talking after a win? As an opponent and obviously biased I guarantee your answer is no. You will spin it that Harbaugh bad blah blah, Pete good blah blah. When it comes down to it, that s**t wouldn't be tolerated in SF because it takes away from the team, and the team is #1 first foremost and always under Harbaugh. Selfish players need not apply, and that's why Harbaugh passed on drafting Sherman, because he knew what kind of player/person Dick Sherman is. Dude can't accept criticism and lashes out at anyone who says anything other than he's awesome.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 22, 2014 at 3:22 PM ]