LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Can I Ask? Why Didn't Harbaugh and Baalke Draft Richard Sherman??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Now Please 49er Faithful, Do Not Understand me wrong, I ABSOPHUCKINGLUTELY HATE that MF!! But he is a very good CB and has killed us the last two seasons lets admit it. In the 2011 NFL Draft, the 49ers took Cully in the 3rd round, which I do LIKE Cully, But Cully is nowhere near the player Sherman has become. Shouldn't Harbaugh have known something about Sherman having coached him at Stanford??? And Fangio too Right??? And to think this Prick lasted until the 5th round and now is the best CB in the NFL. I just gotta ask WHY JH WHY??
I'm sure they didn't realize he would be allowed to mug receivers all game.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
harbaugh probably hates him. pretty sure he was the same idiot at stanford that he is now.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
harbaugh probably hates him. pretty sure he was the same idiot at stanford that he is now.

That would be silly on JHs part. Don't have to be best friends. Its about winning on this level. I understand that dude is a JERK but he also takes away half the field too. Imagine how good our already AWSEOME defense would be if we had him instead of Carlos Rogers? We'd have 2 rings by now.
Same reason 31 other teams didn't draft him until the gutter of the NFL decided to add him to their sideshow. He was not the same player three years ago. Lax officiating and PEDs can do a lot for a player.
wtf do you mean?

Look at em...lol he's scum/
He had only made the switch to CB in his senior season and was ok, but not great. I don't think Harbaugh thought all that highly of him either when he was a receiver, which is why Sherman hates Harbaugh so much
They had a really s**tty relationship at Stanford. Sherman came in as a WR and led the team in recieving his first year I believe but he got hurt his sophomore or junior year and something happened to their relationship . He was just about to leave Stanford too until the defensive coordinator asked him to try cornerback and since he wouldn't have to talk much to Harbaugh he accepted and the rest is history. Seems like it was a battle of egos to be honest.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jan 21, 2014 at 8:49 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Shortly after 49ers hired Harbaugh, an inside source reported to Harbs that (Dick-Sheman) was / is a Transvestite... I think that had a lot to do with it
  • sfout
  • Veteran
For the zillionth time in 3 years. Harbaugh moved him from WR to DB which Sherman didn't like. Then according to Sherman, Harbaugh was blunt and "bad mouthed" him to teams about his personality which caused him to go undrafted.

All hearsay from Sherman besides the position switch and Sherman sure can't be trusted as his "incident" with Harbaugh was completely disproved by video evidence. Then regarding the "incident" at Larry F's golf tournament a "source" told the Seattle Times that based off of body language it was Sherman who was the instigator and that Crabtree was just laughing it off. Story can be found here.....

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Now Please 49er Faithful, Do Not Understand me wrong, I ABSOPHUCKINGLUTELY HATE that MF!! But he is a very good CB and has killed us the last two seasons lets admit it. In the 2011 NFL Draft, the 49ers took Cully in the 3rd round, which I do LIKE Cully, But Cully is nowhere near the player Sherman has become. Shouldn't Harbaugh have known something about Sherman having coached him at Stanford??? And Fangio too Right??? And to think this Prick lasted until the 5th round and now is the best CB in the NFL. I just gotta ask WHY JH WHY??

Why ask permission and then ask the question without waiting for our answers?

And we need another thread about pure ignorance?
Honestly I think Harbs could see that the guy had character flaws. He's a me player. Harbaugh is all about team. Asking pro bowl TE Vernon to Block, Willis has to come off the field is dime situations, guys like Dorsey despite having an awesome year have to sub out, we settle for field goals alot instead of going for it and we play the field position game, etc... Players on this team have to sacrifice alot of stats. Stats that could lead to pro bowls or Hall of Fame Stats, etc... Harbaugh cares about getting the W. Sherman just doesn't seem to be that guy.

The media for the next 2 weeks will tell you he's all about the Seahawks and the team...LOB! but he's all about promoting himself, very much like T.O.. Owens had all the ability in the world but he constantly complained and divided the team. Later in his career when he was getting slower he just upped his antics to stay in the media attention.

The 49ers asked a guy like Bruce Miller to switch from DE to fullback, and he had never played. I hadn't heard any gripes from Miller...
Sherman just seems to have a problem with everyone that doesn't think he is the best.

and yeah, 31 other teams skipped over him till the 5th round. Pete probably just took him so he could learn about Harbaugh from a fellow man that hated him.
If you know that you don't get along with a player and you feel like he will be a disruption to your lockeroom and the way you want to run your team... DON'T DRAFT HIM. In regards to his talent; players always slip through the cracks because some people are just late bloomers in life, we see it all the time in the NFL.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Jan 21, 2014 at 9:15 PM ]
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If you know that you don't get along with a player and you feel like he will be a disruption to your lockeroom and the way you want to run your team... DON'T DRAFT HIM. In regards to his talent; players always slip through the cracks because some people are just late bloomers in life, we see it all the time in the NFL.

"late bloomers" a la, ben johnson, lance armstrong, barry bonds...
some guys just suddenly get way better out of nowhere. it just happens.
I would absolutely hate Sherman being a Niner. Seriously. If I were a Douchhawk fan id be ashamed he was on my team. He is a me 1st always kind of guy. He is a bold faced liar, creating fictional beef between he and Harbaugh on multiple occasions. He behaves like an elementary school kid, and then can't understand when a coach tells him to grow the eff up so he throws a tantrum instead of thanking Harbaugh for realizing what a talent he had for playing CB. He's all nice when the situation is good, charity events, media kissing his ass, but soon as anyone is the least bit critical he flies off the handle like a child and then gets indignant when offense is taken. I would hate hate hate Dick Sherman as a Niner, even if he paid us and was a negative cap hit.

He's a perfect fit in Seadderall. They have the perfect coach for a player like Dick Sherman.
Share 49ersWebzone