Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AFC Championship Gameday Thread: New England vs. Denver

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
No punani for Tom tonight

He was the punani today
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Not sure why pass happy Denver is favored in the Superbowl... They do know this is in NY and not Miami right?
That Denver team is a machine. I got to be honest. I don't know if either NFC team can beat that. That offense is rediculous.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That Denver team is a machine. I got to be honest. I don't know if either NFC team can beat that. That offense is rediculous.

The niners can.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

In a cold snowy Superbowl... Yeah not worried about Denver.

I think the opposite. A great defense can shut down great offense...especially when the conditions aren't ideal for offense.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

The niners can.

Aldon might have to start drinking again before the Super Bowl so he can step up his game....
Time for us to go to work!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Not sure why pass happy Denver is favored in the Superbowl... They do know this is in NY and not Miami right?

Who said they were?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
No punani for Tom tonight

Maybe, he'll get some "I feel bad for you honey" lovin' ...
Originally posted by 4ML:

I think the opposite. A great defense can shut down great offense...especially when the conditions aren't ideal for offense.

If the defense is allowed to hold as much as they have been, either NFC defense will slow Denver down a lot.

Disagree. I'm a firm believer that defenses win championships. Denver has a great offense but they haven't faced a defense like ours or Seattle's all year. Plus, the Super Bowl will be in NJ, a cold climate area and we all have seen what Manning and their passing offense looked like in cold weather. Not pretty.

Both Niners and Seattle have strong defenses and power running games with mobile/dual threat QBs which will work better in colder climates than Denver; plus it doesn't help that Denver doesn't have all that strong of defense. I'd expect either NFC team to beat them.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Dumb call to not go for FG

It was a tough call, although any dome and Denver with good weather you probably lean towards a FG try in that situation.

I said it earlier...get the FG if you can't get TD and hope your D plays a play to get the ball quickly. 17 pt game...could have made it 14 easily.

They can't stop Denver. I think it was the right call.

You've to believe your D will make a play or Broncos will make a mistake. You want to stay in the game for as long as possible.

You see how the game is going and decide from there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/23/belichick-second-guessing-himself-for-fourth-and-3-call/

Late in the third quarter of the AFC Championship Game, with the Patriots facing fourth-and-3 at the 29-yard line, Bill Belichick decided to go for it. Tom Brady was sacked on the play, and Belichick has been kicking himself for it since.

Belichick said on WEEI that in hindsight, he thinks a 47-yard field goal to cut the deficit from 20-3 to 20-6 would have been the better call.

---------------------------

Honestly, there is nothing "in hindsight" about it. It's 3rd quarter...down by 3 possession and you get a chance to make it into a 2 possession game. How can a coach like Belichick make that call? Complete brain fart.