LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

Heath Evans a Football Genius? He thinks so.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Not being a homer but Steve young and Tom Jackson are the only two credible guys they have to me

Dilfer's not bad either even though people got upset earlier in the season when he said Kap can't go through progressions...go figure. Golic and Schlereth arent bad either.

Honestly, just looking at the NFL "analysts" and not the entire sporting package, ESPN >>>>>> NFL Network. I just get the feeling that the NFL Network guys (Heath, Deion, Irvin, Dukes, ect) always have some sort of personal agenda going on. Instead of trying the breakdown film and give us an unbiased take, they just talk out of their asses. Basically no better than famous fans with a microphone.

BTW don't get me started on the CBS or FOX game day crews. How corny/cheesy can you get?! Your demographic doesn't have to be +55 year olds.
[ Edited by 9ers on Jan 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM ]
half wit as always. Not sure how he holds down a job

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/25/8111577/nfl-network-needs-to-fire-heath-evans
F*ck this doot

"do your job"
"who dat"
"12th man"

Did I miss anything that he regurgitates?
He always has something bias to say about the niners in a negative way and he rides Seattle and a few other teams as well. He is so unintelligent and has weak arguments. He is the worst IMO even worse than Irvin
Every time I've watched this guy the subject of his one SB win comes up. If he knows so much why isn't he coaching instead of being a talking head.
I HATE Heath Evans!! Dude is an idiot! Screw him.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by MarkD:
He is an idiot. Over and above that, the NFL network is east coast and afc biased. Half of the dip sh$ts on that show don't know what the hell they are talking about. Hell they can't even get nfc players names right when they talk about them. Every pick is afc based and the worst of them all is L.Tomlinson and T. Davis. After watching game day I seriously appreciate Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin after listening to D. Sanders and the other tools on that show.

Every network is East Coast biased.

And I've never understood the hate for Michael Irvin and the Gameday Final crew with Deion and Marshall. Irvin is a lot smarter than he's given credit for, Marshall is exceptional and Deion is funny as hell.

Disagree other than Faulk is pretty good.

NFLN is based in Los Angeles. I used to work there. There is no "bias" except from that of the individual analysts.

If anything, they still ride the Cowboys pretty hard, cause ratings. Always have, probably always will.
Originally posted by IEAD:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Not being a homer but Steve young and Tom Jackson are the only two credible guys they have to me

Dilfer's not bad either even though people got upset earlier in the season when he said Kap can't go through progressions...go figure. Golic and Schlereth arent bad either.

Honestly, just looking at the NFL "analysts" and not the entire sporting package, ESPN >>>>>> NFL Network. I just get the feeling that the NFL Network guys (Heath, Deion, Irvin, Dukes, ect) always have some sort of personal agenda going on. Instead of trying the breakdown film and give us an unbiased take, they just talk out of their asses. Basically no better than famous fans with a microphone.

BTW don't get me started on the CBS or FOX game day crews. How corny/cheesy can you get?! Your demographic doesn't have to be +55 year olds.

lol. espn analysts are also a joke. but at least i get to hear opinions from players that used be worth a s**t, Warner, Faulk, Sapp, Deion, Irving. unlike Hodge, or Golic, or Dilffer
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by MarkD:
He is an idiot. Over and above that, the NFL network is east coast and afc biased. Half of the dip sh$ts on that show don't know what the hell they are talking about. Hell they can't even get nfc players names right when they talk about them. Every pick is afc based and the worst of them all is L.Tomlinson and T. Davis. After watching game day I seriously appreciate Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin after listening to D. Sanders and the other tools on that show.

Every network is East Coast biased.

And I've never understood the hate for Michael Irvin and the Gameday Final crew with Deion and Marshall. Irvin is a lot smarter than he's given credit for, Marshall is exceptional and Deion is funny as hell.

Disagree other than Faulk is pretty good.

NFLN is based in Los Angeles. I used to work there. There is no "bias" except from that of the individual analysts.

If anything, they still ride the Cowboys pretty hard, cause ratings. Always have, probably always will.

I was into NFLN for a few seasons but now I can't stand it...I'll watch it for things like "A Football Life", "America's Game", and shows like that, and highlights show when I can stomach it...but the stupid morning show, or the breathless "analysis/opinion" shows? No thanks, same goes for NFL shows on ESPN.

As for bias, I think as an institution the NFL or at least the NFL-related media leans East Coast...you think if the Jets and Giants were playing in say Arizona and Minnesota they'd get 1/10th the attention they get even when they're bad? It's like MLB, most seasons it seems like at least half their televised games involve either the Red Sox and/or Yankees....TV ratings and mouse clicks.
Watching NFL network yesterday after work and when he was discussing where Frank Gore should go in free agency, he referred to us as "that team" and he said Frank should go to the Cardinals.

Dude is a joke. He is dead to me.

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I don't like Heath Evans. I turn off the TV, or change the chanel when he's on. He seems like a total douche. I hardly remember him as a player. Actually...I don't even remember him at all...
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Watching NFL network yesterday after work and when he was discussing where Frank Gore should go in free agency, he referred to us as "that team" and he said Frank should go to the Cardinals.

Dude is a joke. He is dead to me.
What did he mean by "that team"?

I would hate seeing Frank in another jersey. He HAS to stay a 49er!!!
Heath Evans was drafted by the Seahawks, but also played for the Pats and Saints. He is a homer for all these teams. He is not impartial as people in his position should be, and should not have the job he has.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Yeh he's a tool. It's a tie between him and LT. He's always riding Brady's jock and LT rides any and all AFC running backs jocks.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I thought I was the only one who hates Heath Evans. I too turn the channel when he comes on. He always has that sly smirk on his face like he knows more than the rest of them. There are a few others I can't stand, but I can usually sit there and get through their piece until they get to the next guy, but I literally change the channel to property brothers when he comes on and grab the lotion.
[ Edited by Silky on Feb 26, 2015 at 3:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone