LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

NFL commissioner open to medical cannabis for players?

Shop 49ers game tickets
With marijuana legal in Colorado, Belichick asked if he warned players-
It is now legal to purchase recreational marijuana in Colorado. We mention this because the Patriots travel to Denver to face the Broncos in Sunday's AFC Championship game, and weed was a popular topic Friday when coach Bill Belichick met with the media. Reporter: Has there been any specific advice to the players to avoid the now-legal recreational marijuana in Denver?

Belichick: I think we know what the NFL policy is on that.

Reporter: Is there an NFL policy against what is legal there?

Belichick: I think that's something you ought to take up with the NFL.

Reporter: Well, you mentioned it.

Belichick: I think you have any more questions about it, you should talk to the league about it. They're the ones that have the policy.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24412071/with-marijuana-legal-in-colorado-belichick-asked-if-he-warned-players
Plenty of players don't care. Former Broncos tight end Nate Jackson, who smoked marijuana while playing for pain-management purposes, estimates that "maybe half" of the league's players use marijuana. (Former NFL tackle Lomas Brown previously has pegged marijuana use by the league's players at 50 percent.)

"For me personally, very viable," Jackson tells Kremer regarding the benefits of marijuana. "I prefer it. Marijuana was something that helped me, as the season wore on, my body would start to break down. I was in a lot of pain."

It's possible that marijuana can heal not only bodies but also brains. Research conducted by Dr. Raphael Machoulam, described as the world's leading expert on marijuana, has discovered the healing of brain tissue in mice given a marijuana compound. Dr. Machoulam believes those benefits could translate to humans, too.

If that can be proven, the NFL could change its tune.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/18/nfl-could-indeed-change-its-mind-about-marijuana-in-time/
Goodell: NFL would consider medical marijuana if it helps concussions

From USAToday.com:

"A report on HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel Tuesday estimated that between 50%-60% of the league's players regularly use the drug, many for pain management. The show also interviewed an Israeli doctor who showed how treating mice with head trauma with marijuana showed drastic improvement in their symptoms.

While the league is not willing to reconsider its stance on that potential treatment, they are showcasing a number of potential innovations in diagnosis of head injuries. More than 400 applicants in 27 countries applied for $300,000 awards in the Head Health Challenge, which ended up going to researchers at a mix of 16 private companies and universities.'

Who do you think tokes up on the Niners?
So every player will now suffer from headaches...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10360723/pete-carroll-seattle-seahawks-coach-says-nfl-consider-medicinal-marijuana-treat-injured-players

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll agrees with the notion that the NFL should look into medicinal marijuana as a means of taking the best possible care of its players.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by NONAME:
This is a great thing. Way better for pain management than drugs like vicodin

This. It's also nowhere near as addictive as opiate pain killers.

I agree, I actually can't believe it took them this long to start taliking about it.
Carroll: NFL should see if medicinal pot can help--
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Pete Carroll is in support of the NFL looking further into whether medicinal marijuana could be beneficial for players.

The Seattle Seahawks coach said Monday he supports Commissioner Roger Goodell's message last week that the league could consider medicinal marijuana as a treatment if science proved it could be beneficial for players who have suffered concussions.

Carroll says regardless of the stigmas involved, the medicinal value should be examined, ''because the world of medicine is trying to do the exact same thing and figure it out and they're coming to some conclusions.''

Sunday's Super Bowl matchup between the Seahawks and Broncos features the two states where recreational marijuana use is legal: Washington and Colorado.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20140128/Super.Bowl-Marijuana/
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Marajuwana is a gateway drug

marajwana is bad mmmkay
[ Edited by GreenReaperTT on Jan 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM ]
These 5 pro-marijuana billboards will surround the Super Bowl-
The freeways surrounding MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. are about to be plastered with five billboards advocating the use of marijuana, and, in some cases, attacking football just miles from the game's biggest stage.

Washington and Colorado are the only two states to have legalized marijuana, so the Marijuana Policy Project, an organization based in Washington D.C., decided this year's Super Bowl between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos would be an opportune time to get their message out.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/super-bowl-billboards-advocating-marijuana/
this sucks ONLY because there are alot of shield drugs that help from test detection of marijuana.............and testosterone.
In other words, one could take something like Clomid to hide the weed but really it helps to come off of a steriod cycle.

and it helps to increase ejaculate.You're welcome.

Cromartie on smoking weed: "We're just going to do it anyway"---
Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie expects to be released this offseason, making him a free agent.

And if he hits the market, it appears he might be interested in signing with the Broncos or Seahawks for reasons that go beyond the fact they were just in the Super Bowl.

Cromartie said in an interview with Thisis50.com, a website launched by rapper 50 Cent, that he thinks the NFL should take marijuana off the banned substances list.

"They need to just let it go," Cromartie said, via Brian Costello of the New York Post. "We're just going to do it anyway. They just need to let it go. They need to go ahead and say, 'Y'all go ahead, smoke it, do what you need to do.' "

The NFL will almost certainly be interested in hearing more on this topic. Although Commissioner Roger Goodell said he would be open to learn more about weed's medicinal properties as a concussion treatment, he's not ready to change the league's drug policy.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/05/cromartie-on-smoking-weed-were-just-going-to-do-it-anyway/
Report: Browner aims at pot policy in NFL suit--
Browner hopes to be granted unrestricted free agent rights, claiming he wasn't aware of his responsibility under the collective bargaining agreement to submit to three drug tests he missed while out of the league.

The great aim is to alter the NFL's stance on recreational marijuana use. Marijuana was legalized in Washington and Colorado but remains on the NFL banned substance list.

http://www.kspr.com/sports/Report-Browner-aims-at-pot-policy-in-NFL-suit/21051914_24699562
Share 49ersWebzone