LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Cam Newton and the Panthers crying a good thing or nah

Shop 49ers game tickets

Cam Newton and the Panthers crying a good thing or nah

There are three times a man is allowed to cry. The birth or loss of a child. The loss of a parent. The loss of both testicles. Failing to achieve a goal that you have dedicated every ounce of energy and focus on is not one of those times. A man is expected to endure failure like only a man can and should - by shouldering the loss, learning from it, and doing better next time. Or jumping off a bridge so the wife gets the life insurance. There is no other way to handle a business failure.
I have not seen, read or heard anything related to the SB loss....it did not happen. there was simply an earthquake before the game. it had to be cancelled and Ray Lewis got the SB in admiration for getting off scot free for murder
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Jan 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
im asking this in all seriousness because i cant think of one: name a qb that got punked like this in his first playoff game and totally faded, then came back to be something.

Peyton Manning

whew theres a can of worms...thats a mixed bag at best and i dont see cam being footballsmart or determined enough to even get to peytons dubious playoff record
Next year we'll give them even more to cry about.
im asking this in all seriousness because i cant think of one: name a qb that got punked like this in his first playoff game and totally faded, then came back to be something.

Peyton Manning

whew theres a can of worms...thats a mixed bag at best and i dont see cam being footballsmart or determined enough to even get to peytons dubious playoff record

lulz. every QB not named bradshaw, montana, brady, and eli manning would be f**king thrilled to have had peyton's career.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
How many guys have never played in a playoff game? This could be the only chance some of these guys get and I bet it hurts like hell to lose.

How many questions had Cam Newton answered before that question? I don't think it was that particular question that made him go cry.

There's nothing dubious about it, Manning's playoff record sucks. And if not for having his hand held to a Super Bowl title, he'd be going down as this generation's Dan Marino.

This is too funny, I used to do this as a child when my dad would scold me.
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Peyton Manning

lulz. every QB not named bradshaw, montana, brady, and eli manning would be f**king thrilled to have had peyton's career.

You mean every QB not named Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, Eli Manning, Troy Aikman, Ben Roethlisberger, John Elway, Brett Favre, or Bart Starr would be thrilled to have Peyton's career. I don't think those guys trade one of their rings or, in Favre's case, all of his records, for Peyton's regular season statistics.
Except Favre is likely to lose his records to manning.

Share 49ersWebzone