LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Cam Newton and the Panthers crying a good thing or nah

Shop 49ers game tickets

Cam Newton and the Panthers crying a good thing or nah

i think cam got a big dose of big boy football and towards the end of that game was done. i think he knows he cant hang and is gonna fade away like vince young within 3 years
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
i think cam got a big dose of big boy football and towards the end of that game was done. i think he knows he cant hang and is gonna fade away like vince young within 3 years

No, he and the Panthers will learn from this game. They will be a dangerous team in the years to come. And I don't view Newton as anything like Vince Young. Don't kick a man while he's down.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's understandable, this is the Panthers first time to the playoffs, it's a different ball game. Sure, the team won ten out of it's last eleven games and thought they could beat anyone. Now they have a measuring stick in the 49ers how a playoff team performs in crunch time. I came away more impressed with Cam.

As another poster mentioned earlier, you can see the lack of faith in himself by the look on his face in the 4th. He quit. He quit because he knew he couldn't do it.

I just don't see how anyone can come away more impressed with Cam after seeing that.
Just as I expected, the inexperience of the Panthers hurt them more than it paid off. They came into the game talking smack and trying to be the tough guys. They tried to intimidate a team that is tougher than them, can trash talk better than them, and most importantly, has already been there and has much more experience on them. By the end of the game, they looked defeated and beat - the same guys that wanted to act all hard and tough ended up in the locker room boo-hooing a stream when the game was over.

I'm not sure how anybody can come away with this game more impressed with Cam and I like the guy. He isn't a leader yet and still has a lot of growing up to do. Look at his body language by the 4th quarter - he checked out, quit, and looked beat. Just sat there sulking and pouting, didn't bother to fire up his teammates when there was still plenty of time left to make it a game. It's pretty pathetic when the so called leader shuts down and gives up before the game is over. Cam's sideline behavior needs to change.

Also, can't believe I'm saying this but Skip and Stephen A. are on the money. Kap's super man move was definitely the psychological shift in the game. Cam was sizzling in the 1st half but after Kap directly challenged him, he (as well as the rest of the Panthers) shrunk. Kap definitely got in their heads. Good job Kap!
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Just as I expected, the inexperience of the Panthers hurt them more than it paid off. They came into the game talking smack and trying to be the tough guys. They tried to intimidate a team that is tougher than them, can trash talk better than them, and most importantly, has already been there and has much more experience on them. By the end of the game, they looked defeated and beat - the same guys that wanted to act all hard and tough ended up in the locker room boo-hooing a stream when the game was over.

I'm not sure how anybody can come away with this game more impressed with Cam and I like the guy. He isn't a leader yet and still has a lot of growing up to do. Look at his body language by the 4th quarter - he checked out, quit, and looked beat. Just sat there sulking and pouting, didn't bother to fire up his teammates when there was still plenty of time left to make it a game. It's pretty pathetic when the so called leader shuts down and gives up before the game is over. Cam's sideline behavior needs to change.

Also, can't believe I'm saying this but Skip and Stephen A. are on the money. Kap's super man move was definitely the psychological shift in the game. Cam was sizzling in the 1st half but after Kap directly challenged him, he (as well as the rest of the Panthers) shrunk. Kap definitely got in their heads. Good job Kap!
ya i didnt think about that either til they said it. and i cant stand skip or big head ludacris. kap completely deflated Cam with that celebration and Cam knew the niners defense was too much to get his revenge so he started acting like a b***h. pouting, "oh man" and walking away from the conference crying was pretty bad. i like Cam and i dont think he'll end up like vince young but dude has to be tougher than that in the nfl. Kap might have known Cam was soft since they were combine roomies. i didnt think that little move would mess him up as much as it did lol.
Originally posted by baltien:
He's a friggin baby. Normally I like Cam, and still believe that he'll be a great QB one day, but it was pretty pathetic watching him pout on the sideline. Even before we put the game away, defeat was all over his face.

Say what you want about Kap, but he's never behaved in a such a manner and I wouldn't expect to see that from him either.

And Steve Smith's post game interview was just....wow. I'll just say that I better not ever in life hear a Panthers fan refer to us as the "whiners" again.

Tell me more. Is there video of this up anywhere? I would looooove to see it.
Cam is alway cheaps if he want to crying cuz he was secret when he spoke with other team that they give a cam for cheating a win.. I can see it clear!!.. Cam is not good leader.. Sorry dude.
Only the future will tell. We are a team that has been there and done that. I was taken a back when commentators kept referring to us as a veteran team, but the reality is we are. Not just in terms of how long our guys have played, but also in having deep postseason runs. Three straight NFC title games doesn't happen every year. How the Panthers respond will depend on the work they put in the offseason to get better, the acquisitions and drafting they make to make themselves a better team (no more drafting at the top of the draft), and their determination to get right back at it and come back stronger the next season.

We saw the resolve of the 49ers after the heartbreak of 2011 and 2012 seasons. It's the Carolina Panthers turn.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
No, he and the Panthers will learn from this game. They will be a dangerous team in the years to come. And I don't view Newton as anything like Vince Young. Don't kick a man while he's down.

im asking this in all seriousness because i cant think of one: name a qb that got punked like this in his first playoff game and totally faded, then came back to be something.

• SaksV
  • Veteran
The Panthers overachieved. They'll be back to 3rd place in the NFC South after the Falcons tweak their roster this offseason..
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
im asking this in all seriousness because i cant think of one: name a qb that got punked like this in his first playoff game and totally faded, then came back to be something.

Peyton Manning
Think it merely shows their playoff inexperience...Cam's comments WRT how fast the play is bears that out. Also, they didn't play nearly as tough a schedule as the Niners did, so maybe they had some higher expectations than were realistic.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol @ this talk of Cam is not a good leader. The dude lead Auburn to BCS Championship and now the Panthers to a 12-4 record. It's like NT in here...ppl over-reacting to one game or a few plays.

Ppl criticize players when they party after a loss...ppl criticize players for crying after a loss. This is ridiculous. He's a young QB...who will continue to improve.
Originally posted by SaksV:

Peyton Manning

The Colts lost 19-16 in Peyton's first playoff game. Try again?
Share 49ersWebzone