LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Cam Newton to be fined for flopping?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Clubs are reminded of the following league policy regarding fake injuries for strategic purposes. The supplemental note to rule 4, section 5, article 4 states: "The Competition Committee deprecates feigning injuries, with subsequent withdrawal, to obtain a timeout without penalty. Coaches are urged to cooperate in discouraging this practice."

I hope he gets fined, I can't tolerate this bs. I laughed at NBA players when they flopped & it game me ammo for my argument why the NFL is clearly better than NBA. But it can not and should not happen in NFL.
Who cares. Hes crying in his cereal right now
i dont really care about fines. the money isnt substantial anyways.
Damn if he had timed that right... I've seen Polumalu do that s**t a few times
LOL at Cam getting fined for that. Dumb thread.
  • mod
  • Veteran
no... because it was a penalty regardless of the flop, so in that regard I dont care that he flopped.

Punters flopping on the hand pisses me off.
Guys I care!

I dont want any flopping in the NFL what so ever. It should be loathed & squashed asap so that it doesn't spread.
This isnt the NBA
Originally posted by valrod33:
This isnt the NBA

My thoughts exactly.

to the OP: you do realize that Cam's flop was dismissed by the officials, right? They were only a few feet away so they know perfectly well that Brooks didn't even touch him. Flopping is bad for the NBA because there is a foul limit and fake fouls ruin the integrity of the game when say 2 quick flops put a team into penalty shots for the rest of the game. Flopping in the NFL just draws a personal foul and I'd say 95% of the time the refs don't fall for it
You only have to look at soccer.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:49 PM ]

dat boy brooks got hops doe....
Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen is at his post game presser when he was asked about Kap Imitating his superman pose and he said it's not the first time someone's done it or the last time either and then he went on to say something else but stopped midstream, turned and walked off the interview podium like he was about ready to cry right on the spot. What a p***y.
only reason cam would do that is to hope to get a personal foul to make it a 1st down instead of half the distance and 3rd down....as for the flop, no fine
Check out Cams hands flailing in this one... LOL:

Share 49ersWebzone