LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 364 users in the forums

Aikmans Boldin Comment

Shop 49ers game tickets
Don't come off with this holier than I attitude. If his teammates made mischief outside of Texas they'd be doing 10-20. How do these networks put analysts like Irvin and Sapp on air. They should open each telecast saying, Me, Me, Me.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by genz22:
Love Boldin but he and the Niners need to have there heads right. Sherman got J Graham way off his game with the pre game scuffle.

that was Graham being the douche that he is.

I'm Jimmy!
Nothing he says deserves more then a page here. EFF him and the cowboys
Love Boldin but he and the Niners need to have there heads right. Sherman got J Graham way off his game with the pre game scuffle.

The difference is that those types of intimidation tactics have the opposite effect on Boldin. He actually plays better and you don't want to wake up that beast.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Aikamns comment was accuarate. Even though I'm a niner fan, I feel the same way. He is constantly talking trash, pushing and yelling at DB's after plays.

Just because he's in red and gold doesn't mean the guy is infallible.

No, he isn't. However, let us not pretend the trash talk was one-sided.
Panthers came out chippy and mouthy from the get-go.
Boldin gave it back to them in the second half.... and they couldn't take it.

I've taken that into consideration. And at times, you're probably right; it is two sided. But when a guy is in a heated yelling match with a DB in every other game it makes that person lose credibility that it's not his fault. It's similar to someone who says they're surrounded by bad drivers. Really? Or is it the person who is the bad driver, not everyone else? That's how I feel about Boldin's confrontations.

Overall I like the guy. He's active with non-profit and that's big for me when it comes to ones character. He's also a hard worker. But on the field he's a bully. But hey, it's football.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Jan 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I love Boldin as much as anyone but could do without all the trash talking after each catch myself. Getting pumped up is one thing, but getting in your opponents face and talking s**t after every reception is classless and unnecessary to me. But hey, so long as he keeps making plays and wears this uniform, I'll put up with it.
I agree. I keep worrying that he is going to get a personal foul.
Wow, I recall during all the Giants games he covered under the Harbaugh era, the Giants were always talking trash/making s**t, but the dude didn't have much to say about that?
Due to some incidents in the 90s, a player hates the other team. That player is Aikman, and the team is the 49ers.

Fast forward, Aikman becomes a commentator for Fox, covering the niners games.

It would be too much to expect (a joker like) him to be reasonable. So, given this background, & yes it's very annoying...but I'm not concerned about what he thinks or says. Unfortunately we have to listen to him (or not) during the game, but that's about it. Otherwise, nothing more.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by NinerForLife:
Not sure how Aikman could make that comment with a serious face considering who his top reciever was.

Cocaine Irvin.

......sounds like a rapper lol.

Irvin actually really likes Boldin though

Florida boys

UM vs FSU

but i think it's more because Boldin is a lot like how Irvin was
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:54 PM ]
Trash talking only annoys me if you can't back i up.

I mute the TV on Aikman and Buck.
Originally posted by baltien:
Both Buck and Aikman can suck a fat one. Did anyone hear Buck say "we need to get the ball back here and score" when talking about the Panthers?

They made it painfully obvious throughout the game where their loyalties are, so quite honestly I couldn't give a walking, driving, nor flying f*ck about what either one of these dweebs thinks about Boldin. Buck never liked us to begin with, and Aikman is probably just bitter that his beloved Cowboys have been the laughing stock of the league ever since he retired.

49ers against the world. Just the way I like it.

The bold is completely false. The raiders are a part of the league. They clearly hold that (dis)honor.

if he's not talking junk that means his head isn't on right.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

if he's not talking junk that means his head isn't on right.

We will have plenty to talk about after this game
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
What I don't get is, if Boldin was in anybody else' element for love (i.e. playing for YOUR favored team) - he'd be one of the first guys you love as a fan.

I'll be the first to admit that if Boldin sported a Packer jersey, i'd probably own it. I LOVE the way he competes, his fire and passion for the game.

I don't know if you guys remember our very own Donald Driver, but that was my dude.

- 7th round draft pick.
- Grew up living out of U haul trucks
- Got drafted in the 7th round
- Played every game with so much commitment to the cause

And he too, would get fired up and do his little first down dance and scream and holler after a big play. You can't knock a guy that much passion, as long as he doesn't overstep boundaries.

Definately remember Driver. Talk about making it the hard way! Great player and guy
Share 49ersWebzone