LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Aikmans Boldin Comment

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I love Boldin as much as anyone but could do without all the trash talking after each catch myself. Getting pumped up is one thing, but getting in your opponents face and talking s**t after every reception is classless and unnecessary to me. But hey, so long as he keeps making plays and wears this uniform, I'll put up with it.

I think his trashtalking give the offense an edge. I mean look at the Seattle game at the Stick. He actally got in Shermans head and shut him up. He usually only does it to the giys that are talking s**t first and trying to muscle him around.

This.. he doesn't trash talk to anyone unless they're complete idiots who start sh!t. He might spike the ball or yell, but he won't get in anyone's face unless he has to defend himself. People don't understand it's a sort of emotional self defense.. and on Sherman it worked, because like this sunday that dude got MANHANDLED.

I think Sherman is the most mouthy player that no one is actually afraid of. Great player, but we all know what happens when he's asked to make good on all that talk......
As I see it, the biggest problem with Aikman and Buck's comments was that it incited an entire group of fans to believe that they were getting screwed over by the officials. When a defensive player hits a receiver hard either a) in the head "helmet to helmet", b) when the receiver is a defenseless receiver, or c) late, the defensive player will very often draw a flag. Those rules are put in place for player safety.

Frankly, I think Aikman and Buck should be fined for their untenable opinion that the penalty's were uncalled for and for ignoring the leagues encouragement of player safety.

Sure, the camera picked up on Boldin's "headbutt" (if you could call it that), and I think all Niner fans would agree that it could have drawn a flag. What we don't know is how many other times other players also did the same exact thing and didn't get flagged. It was a chippy game, there were players in each others face masks all game long, I think that it is a fair assumption that other similar things were happening all game long on both sides.

Of course the casual Panther feels like their team got screwed by the officials, Aikman and Buck told them they were for about three hours yesterday. That shouldn't happen.
[ Edited by Wisconsin49erfan on Jan 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM ]
Please, are the refs the reason why they were down on the one TWICE and couldn't punch it in? Or the reason why Kap and Gore took them apart in the second half? The refs are the reason why they were shutout in the second half as well?

I get that losing sucks, but there's no way anyone watching the game could argue that Carolina wasn't simply outplayed.
I think the biggest reason that the head butt was called in favor of the 49ers on the Crabtree incident was because his head actually moved when the DB hit him, when Boldin did it, the DB kept his head still.

It was kind of a flop on Crabtree's part, but a smart play to draw the penalty.
Boldin is the Bomb!

We wouldn't have made the playoffs w/out him.

We need a no-nonsense enforcer who our younger guys can learn from.

He's "Old School" to the max. He absolutely FIGHTS for the ball and gives every ounce to get every inch. Did you see him rolling over to get an extra yard?

As far as that punk Aikman goes he has a point on Boldin getting close to a penalty but the every week crap should be saved for the 2 criminals he had as receivers.
Aikamns comment was accuarate. Even though I'm a niner fan, I feel the same way. He is constantly talking trash, pushing and yelling at DB's after plays.

Just because he's in red and gold doesn't mean the guy is infallible.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Jan 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM ]
Hate Aikman & Buck, sucks we are stuck with their broadcasting for the next 2 games

Against the Patriots last year, I saw Boldin standing on a DB's chest in the end-zone with this insane smile on his face celebrating a TD catch! All while pointing at the defender on the ground, this attitude is nothing new. He just knows how to do this stuff without going overboard and/or getting a personal foul.

Also, he was the first player to get on JH's case yesterday about hurting the team when coach walked out on the field. His explosive attitude is much more calculated than people think.

Aikman & Buck are just mad because Boldin can't be punked by the likes of Seattle or Carolina like everyone else!
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Aikamns comment was accuarate. Even though I'm a niner fan, I feel the same way. He is constantly talking trash, pushing and yelling at DB's after plays.

No, he isn't. However, let us not pretend the trash talk was one-sided.
Panthers came out chippy and mouthy from the get-go.
Boldin gave it back to them in the second half.... and they couldn't take it.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by mustangmele:

Panthers started the trash talk on the first drive. we just happened to finish it and backed it up with our play on the field.

this is nothing new in the NFL. don't let Aikmen make you believe otherwise. his WR was Michael Irvin, the biggest coked out trash talker the league has ever seen.

My friend emailed me this right after. Thought it was a pretty good response considering he spent his career trowing the ball to Michael Irvin.

Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons)1/12/14, 11:32 AM

Can someone get Troy Aikman's high horse some water
Aikman is Cowboy for life... They had many heated matches with our team.... its like if Richard Shermen becomes part of FOX's telecast... he will hate doing 49er games. f**k Aikman... f**k Emmitt.... f**k Irvin.... f**k Johnson.... f**k Harper..... f**k Woodson..... f**k Haley..... f**k Sanders.... f**k that stuipid ass organization... They are s**t brains and deserve 18 years of crap football
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Aikman is Cowboy for life... They had many heated matches with our team.... its like if Richard Shermen becomes part of FOX's telecast... he will hate doing 49er games. f**k Aikman... f**k Emmitt.... f**k Irvin.... f**k Johnson.... f**k Harper..... f**k Woodson..... f**k Haley..... f**k Sanders.... f**k that stuipid ass organization... They are s**t brains and deserve 18 years of crap football

and f**k Seattle as well
Boldin is a tough dude. He was straight beasting today. People can say what they want. The panthers came out and set the tone for the game by playing with an attitude but letting the attitude lead not their play. Boldin just feeds off of that stuff. The Boldin no call vs. the Panther's head but call basically came dow to two things. ON the Panthers one he covered some ground to get there and the 49ers receiver, Crabs, was baking away. Boldin and the Panther were already right there and the panther had an aggressive posture as well. It was not a perfectly offciated game. We got saved by some obviousness on the TD. The refs almost let them back into contention with the roughing the passer call. Aikman has no love lost for the 49ers and probably was rooting for us to lose. I wouldn't expect less. Buck is just a toad who follows along with his buddy Troy. At least they keep it in check better than Chris Collinsworth.
Love Boldin but he and the Niners need to have there heads right. Sherman got J Graham way off his game with the pre game scuffle.
Share 49ersWebzone