There are 161 users in the forums

Aikmans Boldin Comment

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It is pretty bad when you can tell national TV network announcers are rooting for someone, almost as bad as Bob Costas giving his political opinions. Whenever the 49ers would make a good play Aikman would blame the Panthers for making mistakes and not mention anything the 49ers did that was positive. When I hated the TV announcers I would turn the volume off and listen to the radio, unfortunately that isn't an option out in the middle of the woods in central Virginia the AM stations the play-offs games are on have too weak a signal.
What I don't get is, if Boldin was in anybody else' element for love (i.e. playing for YOUR favored team) - he'd be one of the first guys you love as a fan.

I'll be the first to admit that if Boldin sported a Packer jersey, i'd probably own it. I LOVE the way he competes, his fire and passion for the game.

I don't know if you guys remember our very own Donald Driver, but that was my dude.

- 7th round draft pick.
- Grew up living out of U haul trucks
- Got drafted in the 7th round
- Played every game with so much commitment to the cause

And he too, would get fired up and do his little first down dance and scream and holler after a big play. You can't knock a guy that much passion, as long as he doesn't overstep boundaries.
Panthers were super over aggressive ,getting penalized left and right to extend niner drives . And all aikman has to say is that boldin talks too much trash?? God I'm glad he's on our team
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
He was in a bad mood because he was in a lovers spat with Joe Buck.
Sure did...my son and I said "WTF". He has a short memory...his own Michael Irvin played with plenty of attitude and he seemed to like that well enough. Boldin was simply repaying the dudes who were trying (unsuccessfully) to intimidate him...which could be a reason the refs didn't flag him. I think Aikman overstepped his broadcasting bounds with that comment.
It made me mad too. Just before or after that started talking about how competitive Steve Smith is! Really? Steve Smith is the worst trash talker in the league behind Richard Sherman! He's just a 49er hater!
Originally posted by ejroland:
It made me mad too. Just before or after that started talking about how competitive Steve Smith is! Really? Steve Smith is the worst trash talker in the league behind Richard Sherman! He's just a 49er hater!

Exactly what I was thinking when he said that. Steve Smith got up and taunted the entire 49ers bench after his first catch on the opening drive.

Aikman is a douche.
Yeah, that was bizarre.
The Panthers D came out chippy and mouthy in the first half.
Boldin gave it back to them in the second half, yet Aikman calls Boldin out for it?
I will never understand how these two are Fox's top duo.
Originally posted by BobS:
It is pretty bad when you can tell national TV network announcers are rooting for someone, almost as bad as Bob Costas giving his political opinions. Whenever the 49ers would make a good play Aikman would blame the Panthers for making mistakes and not mention anything the 49ers did that was positive. When I hated the TV announcers I would turn the volume off and listen to the radio, unfortunately that isn't an option out in the middle of the woods in central Virginia the AM stations the play-offs games are on have too weak a signal.

I know your pain. I'm a die hard Niner fan who moved to Brazil. When I can't stand the announcers, I listen in Portuguese. Although they butcher the names, they have yet to say Anquan correctly. But I do enjoy hearing them mix in Enlgish..."Vamos voltar depois two minute warning"
Boldin only seems to do it in big games or when they trash talk him. He has pushed it a little at times and was taking advantage of it yesterday like he did against Seatte earlier. Its just psychology. Its smart to get in the other payers head. As long as he doesn't get penalized I could care less. and yes, it isnt like he is the first player to do it.

Michael Irvin still doesnt shut up. He is one of those annoying analysts in the business. Most of what he says isnt insightful. What really annoys me is the fact that he speaks as if he was one of the best of all time. He was barely one of the best in his era and like Emmitt Smith was just a product of a really good team. Same goes for Aikman.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yeah, that was bizarre.
The Panthers D came out chippy and mouthy in the first half.
Boldin gave it back to them in the second half, yet Aikman calls Boldin out for it?
I will never understand how these two are Fox's top duo.

Top duo because of a lack of quality elsewhere? Yes, they are very blah.
I seem to recall a lot of jawing and head butting from Michael Irvin and Dion in the day... I guess things are different if it's the 49ers?
Boldin knows exactly what he is doing. Kept those DBs emotional and off balance. He was never out of control. I love the attitude he brings to our Offense. Hopefully Patton is watching and learning from one of the greats
[ Edited by Squidp on Jan 13, 2014 at 7:06 AM ]
Boldin and Sherman on Sunday...
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I love Boldin as much as anyone but could do without all the trash talking after each catch myself. Getting pumped up is one thing, but getting in your opponents face and talking s**t after every reception is classless and unnecessary to me. But hey, so long as he keeps making plays and wears this uniform, I'll put up with it.

I think his trashtalking give the offense an edge. I mean look at the Seattle game at the Stick. He actally got in Shermans head and shut him up. He usually only does it to the giys that are talking s**t first and trying to muscle him around.

This.. he doesn't trash talk to anyone unless they're complete idiots who start sh!t. He might spike the ball or yell, but he won't get in anyone's face unless he has to defend himself. People don't understand it's a sort of emotional self defense.. and on Sherman it worked, because like this sunday that dude got MANHANDLED.
Share 49ersWebzone