There are 248 users in the forums

Good Bye Dan Dierdorf

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wanted to use this thread to say good bye to a NFL great Dan Dierdorf hes a old school NFL player and I always enjoyed his announcing. I only wish he had worked for FOX so i could hear him call more 49er games. He made a lot of AFC games enjoyable for me. I wish him well in his retirement thank you Dan your a NFL great and will be missed. Fellow Webzoner's please feel free to post any memories of his announcing career or his days as a player.
i cant think of who he is. i tend to zone out announcers unless they say something retarded like our announcers usually do
I enjoyed him quite a bit with al Michaels and frank Gifford on mnf back in the day.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i cant think of who he is. i tend to zone out announcers unless they say something retarded like our announcers usually do

He played for the St Louis Cardinals as a offensive lineman from 1971-1983 and went in the Hall of Fame in 1996. I liked him more as a announcer one of my favorites.
im sure he was good i just cant remember him. most of these dudes have similar voices except for madden and collinsworth's horrible ass
didn't he just argue that the patriots punter should have just recovered the ball at the 2 rather than get the safety? dumb ass.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I miss the old MNF trio of Gifford, Michaels and Dierdorf. Many great memories....
Later dierdorf
Originally posted by darkknight49:
I enjoyed him quite a bit with al Michaels and frank Gifford on mnf back in the day.

Yeah, me too.
MNF really hasn't been the same since they changed that crew again-and-again.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Lol i thought he was rip

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
didn't he just argue that the patriots punter should have just recovered the ball at the 2 rather than get the safety? dumb ass.

He did. His reasoning made no sense.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
When they were showing pics of him earlier, I thought he died
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
He was good back in the day. He's a part of my childhood at least.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wasn't he on Webster?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
No, but yeah I know who you are talking about.
Share 49ersWebzone