There are 245 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
They gonna offer him a three year deal and find a real franchise qb in that time frame.

#bookit

PYMWYMI I bet the deal is more than 3 years.

Name your price ?

Loser gets his name changed, Sus.

We will auction off the rights to who gets to pick your new name and finance the zone for the next decade.

I like this kinda party, baby!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I could see him getting a $60-80 million contract easily, which would put him in the neighborhood of $10-13 mil annually. That's the going rate for established QBs in the NFL. The question is how much guaranteed $$$ he gets.

no way he gets a 6-8 year contract..thats Salary cap death

3 to 5 years tops

I could see him getting a 6-year deal at the most. 7 or 8 would be pushing it obviously. It's really only salary cap death if there is a ton of guaranteed money involved, if not, you could always cut ties without a huge financial burden. He's definitely going to get more than a 3 year deal IMO.

He probably will get more then 3 yrs..but i don't think he will be starting for the chiefs towards the end of that contract

Reid picked up Smith to be stop gap QB
  • Jiks
Trade Crabtree for Alex, and make Alex OC.
He probably will get more then 3 yrs..but i don't think he will be starting for the chiefs towards the end of that contract

Link?
Five year deal, he's definitely shaken the "bust" label and with the wins and stats he's put up in the last three years hes earned a new deal.
Atta boy! Happy for Alex. Strangest career
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Link?

Give me the link where he says that he is their Franchise QB ?

C'mon..you don't need the exact words out Reids mouth to see that Reid followed Harbaugh that AS is perfect temporary solution
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They gonna offer him a three year deal and find a real franchise qb in that time frame.

#bookit

Name your price ?

We will auction off the rights to who gets to pick your new name and finance the zone for the next decade.

lol nah it aint that serious

#bookit

Name your price ?

Might get some money for that if Sus loses, but I dont' think my name changing rights will have much value except for a select few.

With that said, name change rights until the end of the 2014 regular season? Sounds like a good bet to me.

Link?

C'mon..you don't need the exact words out Reids mouth to see that Reid followed Harbaugh that AS is perfect temporary solution

I never made a statement either way, so I don't need a link to back up anything. You are the one that made an assumption.

Every QB is temporary. None play forever.

We will see if his K gets extended and for how long.....

#bookit

Name your price ?

Might get some money for that if Sus loses, but I dont' think my name changing rights will have much value except for a select few.

With that said, name change rights until the end of the 2014 regular season? Sounds like a good bet to me.

and to be clear, we are talking TOTAL contract length - not including actual options, but not excluding voidable years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I could see him getting a $60-80 million contract easily, which would put him in the neighborhood of $10-13 mil annually. That's the going rate for established QBs in the NFL. The question is how much guaranteed $$$ he gets.

no way he gets a 6-8 year contract..thats Salary cap death

3 to 5 years tops

I could see him getting a 6-year deal at the most. 7 or 8 would be pushing it obviously. It's really only salary cap death if there is a ton of guaranteed money involved, if not, you could always cut ties without a huge financial burden. He's definitely going to get more than a 3 year deal IMO.

just your opinion or do you have proof of this? the guy leads a 10000 per cent turnaround and they get into the playoffs and he is still a stop gap measure . sure hopes will be higher for the chiefs next year now that they have had that success but it seems like a few could not wait for thier season to get over so they can breathlessly start throwing alex under the bus,, for no reason in my opinion

#bookit

Name your price ?

and to be clear, we are talking TOTAL contract length - not including actual options, but not excluding voidable years.

Leave it to the attorney... I could make an argument that his comment precluded the exclusion of options...but I'll concede it.
"2013 Alex" has been the best Alex I've ever seen.. he takes shots down field... he runs for first downs... he throws beyond the 1st down marker on 3rd and long.

and he is only going to get better with more time in that system and more reliable WRs.

If the Chiefs try to low ball him.. I can see other teams whispering to his agent to wait a year. I'm sure the Vikings would LOVE to pay Alex good money, if given the opportunity again.

Link?

You're right, you don't need to listen to the words..the contract will do all the talking.

As a side note, Reid's public backing of Alex has grown as the season progressed...so you could take that as an indication as well..at least until the contract comes.
Share 49ersWebzone