There are 209 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Huh?

I'm on mobile dude so I'm short cutting. I'm saying Alex played on a team devoid of talent in 2005 and 2006 as opposed to what Kap had 2012 and 2013. But Alex got beat out for the job by a second year Kap as an 8 year vet. Kap obviously was smart enough to keep Alex's job in Harbaugh's eye. To say Kap is not smart is not fair when he doesn't have 9 years on the job yet. But he knew enough to get Alex traded

I was implying that kap is better..the other poster was saying smith was smarter...but that guy failed to realize smith has a 8 yr head start
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
okay..so he's batting 50% that really sucks...and the 1 loss was totally his fault.

Hang on to that whole kap wins..because he did it all on his own right? sheesh...the only stat that will hold up to anything and it is a team stat..not an individual one.

1-2 is 33%

1 of 13 on 3rd down is bad, it is not going out and winning a game...but it sure beats 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter..that is going out and losing a game
Originally posted by hofer36:
okay..so he's batting 50% that really sucks...and the 1 loss was totally his fault.

Hang on to that whole kap wins..because he did it all on his own right? sheesh...the only stat that will hold up to anything and it is a team stat..not an individual one.

1-2 is 33%

1 of 13 on 3rd down is bad, it is not going out and winning a game...but it sure beats 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter..that is going out and losing a game

4 playoff wins in 2 years >>>>> 1 win in 8 years
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I thought we missed Delanie in 2011 vs NO but vs NYG Alex had Delanie on a backer on a wheel route down the left sideline and if he had pulled the trigger we had a TD there most likely but he held the ball and took the sack. No excuse for that tentative play there and it helped contribute to a 1/13 third down performance. Third down is a big reason Kap is QB today. I loved Alex because he saved our 2011 season by virtue of his work during the lockout but we needed more punch offensively which is why we drafted AJJ and LMJ. Ironically we found that punch from the number two QB the second half of 2012. He impressed so much he took the job of the top rated QB at the time

Walker had his jaw wired shut. He was for the most part a decoy. Swain and the other ps scrub were worthless too.
Originally posted by hofer36:

1-2 is 33%

4 playoff wins in 2 years >>>>> 1 win in 8 years

All of this is team stats. Proved nothing but that the 9ers are a good team.
Why do you guys insist on turning every thread into the same Alex vs. Kap debate? It is silly, and it accomplishes nothing. Alex is not the 49ers quarterback anymore, and no matter how much you discuss it, he won't be next year.

For you guys who feel the need to bash Alex still, grow up. He has a new team and is playing well.

For you guys who can't handle how Alex was treated and now take it out on kap, grow up...its a damn business.

If guys can't refrain from making this a contest, we won't discuss it on this board.
Share 49ersWebzone