LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Moss was not that fast. You could argue that he did at the beginning of the season, but as it progressed he showed that he didn't add much. Ginn was the #5 WR? and couldn't catch worth crap...walker was NOT a stretcher..sorry..but that is just BS. That said, he's the biggest loss from 2012 that we never got back. Miller mitigated that somewhat.

So Boldin, Crabtree, Gore, Miller, VD..and later Patton. That's a boatload of talent.

Compare that to the Chiefs who are so desperate that Jenkins found a place to call home.

Watch the 2012 tape! Moss had DBs playing way off because of respect for his deep speed. VD speaks for himself. Ginn had guys playing back the few times he touched the field. Delanie was a 4.4 TE. He was a mismatch almost like VD. Paired with VD they were a lethal tandem. A former WR that blocked like an OL with 4.4 speed. We missed him a lot! Just Moss and Ginn speed opens up underneath and intermediate or the threat of it. Boldin and Miller did help mitigate the losses but only from necessity. Boldin and Miller were not supposed to be the number one and three here but they had to be. Defenses feasted with no one other than Boldin and VD when healthy to cover. I don't see a real argument here. The other WRs didn't step up and Marlon Moore Baldwin and KW had no business out there. Cmon man! Where have you been?

I said that Moss had them backed off early...they stopped doing that as the season went on. Delanie was 4.49....

So they traded speed for a couple of guys who can fight for the ball. You're telling me you'd rather have Moss and Ginn over Boldin?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Kwlui:
I would take alex over kaepernick with 2 minutes to go and the game on the line. He's been clutch the last three years. Kap hasn't finished well the last two years.

Yeah...he's so clutch he's only won 1 playoff game. lulz

noob.

Wow..so the saints game never happened? okay....revisionist version.

Yea that's the 1 playoff game he ever won, at home, on a clear night, with the stadium helping him. If that was Kaep playing, it would've been overkill.
[ Edited by verb1der on Feb 13, 2014 at 9:12 PM ]
  • Kwlui
  • Veteran
Touché douche, but kap took his play off opportunities away in 12 and his team let him down in 13. He hasn't had many cracks at it as kap has. I guess we'll see how he does the next few years. I always liked alex but that will end once he faces us. I'm a niner fan first and for most.
I would take alex over kaepernick with 2 minutes to go and the game on the line. He's been clutch the last three years. Kap hasn't finished well the last two years.

noob.

Yea that's the 1 playoff game he ever won, at home, on a clear night, with the stadium helping him.

okay..so he's batting 50% that really sucks...and the 1 loss was totally his fault.

Hang on to that whole kap wins..because he did it all on his own right? sheesh...the only stat that will hold up to anything and it is a team stat..not an individual one.
Touché douche, but kap took his play off opportunities away in 12 and his team let him down in 13. He hasn't had many cracks at it as kap has. I guess we'll see how he does the next few years. I always liked alex but that will end once he faces us. I'm a niner fan first and for most.

You're calling me a douche?! .....reported!!!!

noob.

Yea that's the 1 playoff game he ever won, at home, on a clear night, with the stadium helping him.

okay..so he's batting 50% that really sucks...and the 1 loss was totally his fault.

Hang on to that whole kap wins..because he did it all on his own right? sheesh...the only stat that will hold up to anything and it is a team stat..not an individual one.

With Alex our offense barely breathes in the post-season, absolutely no killer instinct.

Kaep on the other hand carries the damn team, like how he destroyed the Aaron Rodgers twice in the playoffs.
  • Kwlui
  • Veteran
Haha no, was trying trying to type touché but if it fits, by all means.
I said that Moss had them backed off early...they stopped doing that as the season went on. Delanie was 4.49....

So they traded speed for a couple of guys who can fight for the ball. You're telling me you'd rather have Moss and Ginn over Boldin?

Heck no but I would rather crab Ginn moss VD delanie mario manny and Bruce healthy over Boldin Bruce VD oft concussed Baldwin KW and Marlon Moore. We simply had a better set of targets in 2012 healthy and capable of making defenses pay at every level of the field. This year we had to make due with Q VD and Bruce Miller while running the ball more than anyone else in the league. Kap had some to do with this but we were hurting at WR with no speed and we really missed Delanie 4.4 speed. When you put two sub 4.4 TEs on the field at the same time and they block like lineman and they weigh 245 plus you make defenses cringe. Folk were at our mercy. It was like Gronk and Hernandez with a run blocking twist to it
Haha no, was trying trying to type touché but if it fits, by all means.

lol, this guy
Alex is smarter than kap and when the game has been on the line he comes thru. That last play in the chiefs play off game, Alex hit the receiver in stride, perfect strike, didn't even hesitate. Dude stepped out of bounds but the play was Similar to the catch three vs No in our play offs. he knows where he is going based on the split second analysis he does at the line. He is clutch. Ihe is not as gifted athletically as kap but I'm not sure kap will ever be as smart as Alex. We shoulda kept him another year. No reason to let him go for 7 million. Walsh wouldn't of at that point. He woulda kept them both for as long as could.

Look at both of their first full year starting stats...and see who's smarter

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Unfair bro! Team is more talented now. I prefer to ask why a seventh year player loses his job to a second year player that hasn't started any games yet prior to? Is it because the coach that happened to be a fifteen year QB himself saw something? I saw a more explosive and higher scoring offense once Kap took over. I saw WRs getting more involved. I saw swagger and fearful opponents that had to spend the summer getting ready for a guy not even on the following years schedule. I think Jim saw the same and felt Kap 37 Wonderlic was good enough
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Unfair bro! Team is more talented now. I prefer to ask why a seventh year player loses his job to a second year player that hasn't started any games yet prior to? Is it because the coach that happened to be a fifteen year QB himself saw something? I saw a more explosive and higher scoring offense once Kap took over. I saw WRs getting more involved. I saw swagger and fearful opponents that had to spend the summer getting ready for a guy not even on the following years schedule. I think Jim saw the same and felt Kap 37 Wonderlic was good enough

Huh?
Huh?

I'm on mobile dude so I'm short cutting. I'm saying Alex played on a team devoid of talent in 2005 and 2006 as opposed to what Kap had 2012 and 2013. But Alex got beat out for the job by a second year Kap as an 8 year vet. Kap obviously was smart enough to keep Alex's job in Harbaugh's eye. To say Kap is not smart is not fair when he doesn't have 9 years on the job yet. But he knew enough to get Alex traded

1-2 is 33%
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

1-2 is 33%

I thought we missed Delanie in 2011 vs NO but vs NYG Alex had Delanie on a backer on a wheel route down the left sideline and if he had pulled the trigger we had a TD there most likely but he held the ball and took the sack. No excuse for that tentative play there and it helped contribute to a 1/13 third down performance. Third down is a big reason Kap is QB today. I loved Alex because he saved our 2011 season by virtue of his work during the lockout but we needed more punch offensively which is why we drafted AJJ and LMJ. Ironically we found that punch from the number two QB the second half of 2012. He impressed so much he took the job of the top rated QB at the time
Share 49ersWebzone