LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
It doesn't really matter and you're right. I'd rather not even debate it because I really like both of them a lot. I was always a huge Smith fan when he was with the Niners and his first years were almost excruciating for me. Here was my first impression of Alex Smith - the week after he got this huge contract, his agent called him and said get downtown for an Adidas commercial tomorrow. Smith said he couldn't do it because he was taking "his boys" bowling. "His boys" were a bunch of foster kids Smith was mentoring. I thought to myself, how can anyone not get behind this kid 100%? What a guy. And, I've been a fan of his ever since. I really want him to do well, almost as much as I want Kaepernick to do well for the Niners, but not quite. Unfortunately, when he comes to Levi next season, for the first time, I'm going to have to root for him to get knocked around and picked on.

good stuff! ... not looking forward to the SF/KC game myself. A shame one has to lose.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by crake49:
It doesn't really matter and you're right. I'd rather not even debate it because I really like both of them a lot. I was always a huge Smith fan when he was with the Niners and his first years were almost excruciating for me. Here was my first impression of Alex Smith - the week after he got this huge contract, his agent called him and said get downtown for an Adidas commercial tomorrow. Smith said he couldn't do it because he was taking "his boys" bowling. "His boys" were a bunch of foster kids Smith was mentoring. I thought to myself, how can anyone not get behind this kid 100%? What a guy. And, I've been a fan of his ever since. I really want him to do well, almost as much as I want Kaepernick to do well for the Niners, but not quite. Unfortunately, when he comes to Levi next season, for the first time, I'm going to have to root for him to get knocked around and picked on.

good stuff! ... not looking forward to the SF/KC game myself. A shame one has to lose.

I'll be rooting for an Indy like game with the 9ers substituting for Indy.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'll be rooting for an Indy like game with the 9ers substituting for Indy.

yeah, about the best I can hope for...
I wouldn't be surprised if Alex puts up 30 TDs next season. Seems to really flow in the offense now. His last few games were especially good.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Only in an Alex thread where you'll find Romo, Rivers, and Alex ranked higher than Kaep who has won more playoff games than probably all 3 combined, but hey.. if that makes you guys feel better. lol

geez alex smith threw for more tds, yards and completion % last year (in one less game no less) help improve his teams win total by 9 games and ran for about the same amount of yards ---he threw for 378 yards in his playoff game but didnt have one of the top defenses in the league to back him up...his last playoff throw was a beautiful pass that his receiver couldnt bring in and keep his feet in bounds..kaeprnick last pass-picked, game over...maybe that will help you understand the ranking..hope you feel better, lol
you mean he checked down three yards to jamaal charles and let him do the rest. yeah that tends to make your stats look nice

LOL, with or without Charles, Smith showed he could light it up and that was as evident as ever when he torched Indianapolis on the road in the playoffs in a dominant performance with Charles out the whole game. Charles is KC's only offensive star. Bowe is good, but he hasn't been playing like a major star for a while. Smith proved he doesn't need stars around him to take over a game.
Indy's defense was giving up yardage and 30+ points a game....how the heck did KC lose...no clue

how many yards did kaepernick throw for against indy
[ Edited by hofer36 on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:39 PM ]
eric branch bloggin a rumour that niners new stadium will open in week 2 vs the chiefs
I see the Chiefs fans are still lurking around.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

some alex smith fans too, id reckon

Some alex smith haters also........
Originally posted by aTx49er:

What is it about Alex that draws the haters here? I don't care about soccer and you won't see a single post by me in the soccer thread. In fact, I've never even opened it.

What is it about Alex that draws the haters here? I don't care about soccer and you won't see a single post by me in the soccer thread. In fact, I've never even opened it.

Good question. Another good one is, what is it about Alex fans that makes them want to bash Kap? It goes both ways. I think both sides get irrational at times. Maybe thats why fan is short for fanatic.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Good question. Another good one is, what is it about Alex fans that makes them want to bash Kap? It goes both ways. I think both sides get irrational at times. Maybe thats why fan is short for fanatic.

Oh, I can answer that question...there's a number of reasons.

1. Some people are not sold on Kaep so they they don't see him with rose colored glasses.
2. Some people really don't like kaep for a variety of reasons (some fair some not)
3. Some people like to troll Kap the same way that people trolled Alex
4. Some people just don't like the hypocrisy of how people over look issues with Kaep but were unwilling to do the same with Alex

Speaking for myself, I don't hate Kap. I think he'll be a great QB...but I think he still has a lot to learn. I don't think he's better a better QB today than Alex is by a small margin. My opinion only...but it is what I believe. I'm sure you weren't speaking about me specfically since I do give Kap a lot of Kudos when he deserves it.

By the way, I don't believe that criticism based on fact is bashing Kap. There are some that flat bash Kap...but not as many that flat bashed our previous QB. People seem to be much more up in arms about saying anything about Kap than they ever were about saying something about Alex.
Only thing that matters is that Jim Harbaugh is on our side, and you guys have to live with it!
Only thing that matters is that Jim Harbaugh is on our side, and you guys have to live with it!

Jim made a choice. You're right. We have no idea if he regrets...he'd never admit it if he did and he'd never say exactly how close that choice was.

Bottom line, for 2012, it looks like the right choice. Teams didn't have film on him and he did some amazing things. I'm not sure it was a better choice for 2013 from a "who's the better qb" stand point...but from a financial standpoint Kap was a lot cheaper and it did allow the niners to put more talent around him.

Moving forward it coud be a fantastic decision if Kap continues to progress. For a down year, this year wasn't that bad. I expect Kap to look a lot better next season.

If I were just trying to go jab for jab, I'd say the NFL and the majority of football fans are on my side..afterall who went to the probowl?

Jim made a choice. You're right. We have no idea if he regrets...he'd never admit it if he did and he'd never say exactly how close that choice was.

Bottom line, for 2012, it looks like the right choice. Teams didn't have film on him and he did some amazing things. I'm not sure it was a better choice for 2013 from a "who's the better qb" stand point...but from a financial standpoint Kap was a lot cheaper and it did allow the niners to put more talent around him.

Moving forward it coud be a fantastic decision if Kap continues to progress. For a down year, this year wasn't that bad. I expect Kap to look a lot better next season.

If I were just trying to go jab for jab, I'd say the NFL and the majority of football fans are on my side..afterall who went to the probowl?

I almost sure Harbaugh was convinced Alex's potential maxed out in 2012, it's only a matter of time Reid does the same. You can't live off screen passes, and also one can argue that Colts playoff game was a fluke and yet they still lost. Meanwhile no one can argue Kaep's games are flukes, you can ask Packers fans.

And pro-bowls don't mean much, especially if you were defaulted. lol

Show me signature post-season wins, and then I'll take you seriously!
[ Edited by verb1der on Feb 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone