There are 173 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If your a legit starting QB, which Alex Smith is he is going to get 10+ million per year.
deserves more than cutler fo sho
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
deserves more than cutler fo sho

If Romo got paid Alex sure as hell can get paid
Some people are saying 17-18 million a year. I doubt it'll be that high..but Andy does have a history of paying his QBs.
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Well whatever he gets, it only logical to assume Kap will demand more!

Not really, the 9ers are a more talented team. More to lose with an excessive salary.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Pretty much. So many QBs that have done less (in terms of winning) have gotten paid more.

Cutler.....ugh.
Romo...yikes.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB

Yuk! Romo makes more than Alex???Dang!!!!
I could see him getting a $60-80 million contract easily, which would put him in the neighborhood of $10-13 mil annually. That's the going rate for established QBs in the NFL. The question is how much guaranteed $$$ he gets.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I could see him getting a $60-80 million contract easily, which would put him in the neighborhood of $10-13 mil annually. That's the going rate for established QBs in the NFL. The question is how much guaranteed $$$ he gets.

no way he gets a 6-8 year contract..thats Salary cap death

3 to 5 years tops
Alex Smith getting a fair market deal is just crazy, I'd ask for double if I was him, what are they going to do trade those picks and let him walk not after making the playoffs, no way you sell letting him walk to the fan base, PAY THE MAN..
This is not a franchise with a history of developing qb's! I think they will come up with a good offer and he deserves it. Lock him up for 5 years, the guy threw his body and soul into the Colts game.

With the current QB rates $10-13 million would be a damn good bargain for the Chiefs for a Top 15 QB.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
no way he gets a 6-8 year contract..thats Salary cap death

3 to 5 years tops

Look at Cutler's deal. It's practically a 3-year deal, and the Bears can cut him after that with no cap problem.

It's important how a deal is structured.
13-14 is pretty average for a good qb. kap is gonna get monster money based on his upside
so kap is going to get more than Alex.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
so kap is going to get more than Alex.

probably a lot more. hes more physically gifted, hes young, has a huge upside, hes freeze proof and already has a legit playoff record. i dont think he gets anything less than 17mil a year or average around there
Share 49ersWebzone