There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Your blind hate is third only to 49 and Verb.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:




Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He probably will get more then 3 yrs..but i don't think he will be starting for the chiefs towards the end of that contract

Reid picked up Smith to be stop gap QB

Link?

Give me the link where he says that he is their Franchise QB ?

C'mon..you don't need the exact words out Reids mouth to see that Reid followed Harbaugh that AS is perfect temporary solution

your bluff was called...fact is if you went and looked for a link you would find that reid coveted smith for years....the more smith outplays the niers current qb the more hateful you get
what bluff...Reid Conveyed smith for years..but didn't pick him up as a UFA or even call to kick the tires?

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by spizzy:
LOL Alex isn't their franchise QB? He was traded for 2 2nd round picks. That's a big investment. And that was before he turned a 2-14 team to 11-5. GTFO

13-3 season Unrestricted Free Agent - Phone doesn't ring the whole off season..maybe it was on silent

and the niners tried to trade kaeprnick to the eagles..teams make mistakes and underevaluate players...

and you know smith didnt market himself on the free agent market as it was assumed by him and the team that hed resign after a great season
AS didn't market himself but he jumped on a plane to Miami ?

all i'm saying that I don't think the extension will be that long
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Your blind hate is third only to 49 and Verb.


Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Go for the gusto and get that money Alex....ask for 10 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!


i would like to see him manage that !


Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
All of it just a mirror image of 2011 except that he lost a close playoff game instead of winning one

teams already started to figure out the chiefs towards the end of the season so that MIGHT carry on to next year..since they will be playing better teams by looking at their opponents and could go 8-8

The question is how long will Andy Reid's patience last?

Of course all of its opinion and do not wish it to happen

Are you willing to back up either of these comments?
Makes me wonder if they know back then what they know now, Miami wouldn't be all over Smith when he came to visit.

Ireland let Smith walked out the door...
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Go for the gusto and get that money Alex....ask for 10 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!


i would like to see him manage that !


Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
All of it just a mirror image of 2011 except that he lost a close playoff game instead of winning one

teams already started to figure out the chiefs towards the end of the season so that MIGHT carry on to next year..since they will be playing better teams by looking at their opponents and could go 8-8

The question is how long will Andy Reid's patience last?

Of course all of its opinion and do not wish it to happen

Are you willing to back up either of these comments?
I'm no fortune teller...so if they do better great..if they don't oh well.

I'm just saying will Reid have patience if Sht hits the fan
lol. No fortune teller? Look back a few pages and you will see all kinds of examples of you assuming what went on in the heads of others or behind closed doors...

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I'm no fortune teller...so if they do better great..if they don't oh well.

I'm just saying will Reid have patience if Sht hits the fan

So what you're saying is that you don't really believe that the Chiefs will go 8-8 like you just mentioned and that you don't believe that Alex will struggle to get a 10 million a year contract like your posts suggest.

Then why say it unless your sole intent is to be a troll? And if you are, why don't you just come clean?
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I'm no fortune teller...so if they do better great..if they don't oh well.

I'm just saying will Reid have patience if Sht hits the fan

So what you're saying is that you don't really believe that the Chiefs will go 8-8 like you just mentioned and that you don't believe that Alex will struggle to get a 10 million a year contract like your posts suggest.

Then why say it unless your sole intent is to be a troll? And if you are, why don't you just come clean?

Don't think the come will be clean
I think the Chiefs saved 5 mil/yr on Alex's contract by losing to the Colts. If Chiefs advanced with Alex playing the way he did, he would get paid top 10 money, I think. Now people will just write that off as a fluke game.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think the Chiefs saved 5 mil/yr on Alex's contract by losing to the Colts. If Chiefs advanced with Alex playing the way he did, he would get paid top 10 money, I think. Now people will just write that off as a fluke game.

Like the NO game?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think the Chiefs saved 5 mil/yr on Alex's contract by losing to the Colts. If Chiefs advanced with Alex playing the way he did, he would get paid top 10 money, I think. Now people will just write that off as a fluke game.

Like the NO game?

Exactly. He's good for 1 epic game per year. It's safe to say 49ers coaches wrote the NO game off as a fluke, otherwise they wouldn't have let him go.

Need at least 3 straight "epic games" to win a SB.