LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Bengal's owner says he wanted Kaepernick instead of Dalton

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
he's not that bad , but HE HAS NO RB.

Bengals could use a WR RB and better CBs and OLBs.

Oh you can tell everybody lol Never thought I'd like such a shtitier song.

wut? Gio Bernard is a talented back.

... and I too really liked Dalton for us, leading up to the draft. I also thought Kaep was okay, but was far less pro-ready than Dalton. (as it seems, "expert" sources did)

Too much talent on that team for Andy to have played the way he did last weekend... but the owner is an arse for stating what he apparently did.

Everybody thought of Kap as they were told to think of Kap. "Experts" says he wouldn't be ready so everyone on here acted like they knew everything about him.

He wasn't ready when he took over against the Bears last year, just so you all know. Not ready at all.

To be fair, when it came to training camp in 2012, Alex Smith was still far ahead of Kaep. It wasn't even close. So people were justified in their thinking.

RB - You haven't watched Gio Bernard play then. If you want to argue he should have gotten more carries over BJE, then you'd have an argument.

CB - Leon Hall went on injured reserve early. Otherwise, you kind of have a point.

WR - AJ Green is obvious. Marvin Jones is their #2.... in 2013, 712 yards & 10 TD's in only his second year as a pro. Mohamed Sanu & the two TE's aren't shabby either.

OLB - Votaze Burfict made the Pro Bowl this year.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

RB - You haven't watched Gio Bernard play then. If you want to argue he should have gotten more carries over BJE, then you'd have an argument.

CB - Leon Hall went on injured reserve early. Otherwise, you kind of have a point.

WR - AJ Green is obvious. Marvin Jones is their #2.... in 2013, 712 yards & 10 TD's in only his second year as a pro. Mohamed Sanu & the two TE's aren't shabby either.

OLB - Votaze Burfict made the Pro Bowl this year.

This... they really missed Geno Atkins & Leon Hall down the stretch. Dalton played well most of the year - the handful of games he played bad they were horrid.

Owner is a dips**t. Does he think he can low ball Dalton because he says he didn't want him... WTF.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
nobody likes gingers anyways

Giligan's Island
Now he said he prefered Mallet over Dalton. If you wanted one of them then you should of drafted him over Dalton. Owner sounds like a moron.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Now he said he prefered Mallet over Dalton. If you wanted one of them then you should of drafted him over Dalton. Owner sounds like a moron.

yeah thats what i was saying earlier in this thread. they dont even operate with a gm, he has no excuse.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
To be fair, when it came to training camp in 2012, Alex Smith was still far ahead of Kaep. It wasn't even close. So people were justified in their thinking.

When it came to training camp of 2012 we were still washing the stink of our courting Peyton Manning from our franchise
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

When it came to training camp of 2012 we were still washing the stink of our courting Peyton Manning from our franchise

What people forget was colin had a camp Kaep in the 2012 offseason
It's only news after the fact.
And now jay gruden has jumped ship
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 9, 2014 at 8:55 AM ]

Originally posted by Allx9er:

Based on his QB tendecies, it would be funny if he let Kirk Cousins start next season over RGknee.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 9, 2014 at 8:58 AM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This is only a secret you reveal AFTER Dalton has led your team to a Super Bowl win. It's sort of a "guess who I wanted" retrospective, which also includes a "see how wrong I was?"

Instead, the boneheaded owner makes the statement that he wanted Kaep before the first playoff game against San Diego?

What a dumbsh*t.

Dalton could fire back with a, "it's OK Mike, I wanted Jed York as my owner," but that probably won't help him.

Now we understand why Palmer refused to play for the Bengals. Dalton could have shut the owner up with a good performance, but he didn't. That's three bad playoff performances in a row.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Based on his QB tendecies, it would be funny if he let Kirk Cousins start next season over RGknee.

Will happen lol
No guarantee Kap would be successful in Cincy. They're extremely talented but top to bottom we're the better franchise. Not criticizing Kap that's just a dumb *** comment by the owner and shows why that franchise is still a joke.
Share 49ersWebzone