There are 176 users in the forums

Bengal's owner says he wanted Kaepernick instead of Dalton

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Bengals are in a tough spot because they have a team that is good enough to make the playoffs in a weakening division but not good enough to go anywhere once they get in. They don't have one or two single weaknesses that can be upgraded within a year so they can jump to the next level. Drafting a QB is risky and won't pay off for years. Getting McCown might work if he plays at the same high level he did with the Bears. Cincinnati is one of the worst NFL franchises, and their fans should maybe just be happy that they do as well as they do.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tn9er:
Anybody ever hear of the tampering rule???

Yes, I was thinking that as well. You shouldn't be talking about wanting players signed by other teams.
he's not that bad , but HE HAS NO RB.

Bengals could use a WR RB and better CBs and OLBs.

Oh you can tell everybody lol Never thought I'd like such a shtitier song.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
The bungle fans should be happy..hell they finally have a good team
They should have been pounding the rock ALOT MORE
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

wut? Gio Bernard is a talented back.

... and I too really liked Dalton for us, leading up to the draft. I also thought Kaep was okay, but was far less pro-ready than Dalton. (as it seems, "expert" sources did)

Too much talent on that team for Andy to have played the way he did last weekend... but the owner is an arse for stating what he apparently did.
^ just checked, and Gio is ranked FOURTH for all RBs by PFF.
Dalton needs to learn how to make good decisions in playoff games. Being a 'game manager' in the playoff is not a bad thing. Often playoff games turnovers are magnified, less is more. Don't put your defense in a bad position. They can closed the game for you.

But the owner throwing his qb under the bus.
Let's be serious, how the hell does Marvin Lewis STILL have a job as a head coach? He's been there for what... over a decade? Not a playoff win was seen on that or any other day. He has to have some sort of NFL coaching record for longest tenure without doing s**t in the playoffs.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

This is nonsense. Bernard was one of the better RB's in the NFL this season and Green-Ellis was a strong redzone option for them. In terms of talent on both sides of the ball, the Bengals are up there with the top teams in the NFL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Since07:
Dalton gets traded to Texans

That seems pretty realistic since the Texans are interested in trading the #1 overall pick. Dalton, 1st, 2nd, 4th and 2015 2nd round pick would be sufficient IMO.

And btw Mike Brown, don't you think you should've gotten rid of Marvin Lewis instead of saying crap like wanting Kaepernick instead?!!? Dumbass!!!!

i didnt read the link, but if he wanted kaep, what prevented him from taking him? as i understand it they dont have a gm and still operate under that old raider and current cowboy structure.
Mike Brown is a big Douchebag ...his team has been s**tty for so long for a reason ...Mike Brown and Marge Schott filled up that city with so much bad karma it's ridiculous, ....yeah right Mike Brown ...Suppose he wanted Tom Brady and Arian Foster way after the fact ...Idiot
Originally posted by crabman82:
i didnt read the link, but if he wanted kaep, what prevented him from taking him? as i understand it they dont have a gm and still operate under that old raider and current cowboy structure.

But unlike the late Al Davis, who just drafts the fastest WR on the board (ie Heywood Bey over Crabtree), Brown deferred to the OC because Dalton 'fit his future plans'. The report doesnt mention if Marvin had any say, which is interesting news in itself.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

But unlike the late Al Davis, who just drafts the fastest WR on the board (ie Heywood Bey over Crabtree), Brown deffered to the OC because Dalton 'fit his future plans'. The report doesnt mention if Marvin had say, which is interesting news in itself.

he defered to jay gruden, not jon gruden, thats a you problem IMO. take the guy you want, the OC aint gonna be there forever, the owner will.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

But unlike the late Al Davis, who just drafts the fastest WR on the board (ie Heywood Bey over Crabtree), Brown deffered to the OC because Dalton 'fit his future plans'. The report doesnt mention if Marvin had say, which is interesting news in itself.

he defered to jay gruden, not jon gruden, thats a you problem IMO. take the guy you want, the OC aint gonna be there forever, the owner will.

No idea what John Gruden has anything to do with this.
Share 49ersWebzone