There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

DeSean Jackson needs more money to feed his kids

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Have to agree with Jackson here. Teams will cut your ass in a split second if your production dips (or for any other reason, or for no reason at all).....but you can't ask for more money if your production increases (and his has)? Seriously, they can take away your income at a moments notice and everyone is ok with that part of the NFL, but when a player wants more money for doing a better job, people lose their s**t.

I say get paid lil bruh!

He's getting paid millions. It's not like hes working for minimum wage and will be hurting if he were to theoretically get cut.

Doesn't matter. You're a fool if you don't TRY and get as much money as you can while you still have the skills to warrant it. As an NFL player you have a relatively small window to make the big money....once that window closes, most of these guys will likely never see this kind of green again. And trust me, his teammates feel the same because they're all fighting for that dollar just as hard as he is. How he goes about it might annoy fans, but that's their problem.

Professional sports is a business and this is what you do when in business...maximize your profitability.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 6, 2014 at 4:56 PM ]
What?! Too much money spent on blow, bro's and ho's? This guy will be broke when he's 3 years out of the league. To dumb to make that much money.
once upon a time i felt bad for him when they went and bought everyone in free agency before taking care of him.
Have to agree with Jackson here. Teams will cut your ass in a split second if your production dips (or for any other reason, or for no reason at all).....but you can't ask for more money if your production increases (and his has)? Seriously, they can take away your income at a moments notice and everyone is ok with that part of the NFL, but when a player wants more money for doing a better job, people lose their s**t.

I say get paid lil bruh!

He's getting paid millions. It's not like hes working for minimum wage and will be hurting if he were to theoretically get cut.

Doesn't matter. You're a fool if you don't TRY and get as much money as you can while you still have the skills to warrant it. As an NFL player you have a relatively small window to make the big money....once that window closes, most of these guys will likely never see this kind of green again. And trust me, his teammates feel the same because they're all fighting for that dollar just as hard as he is. How he goes about it might annoy fans, but that's their problem.

Professional sports is a business and this is what you do when in business...maximize your profitability.

Or you could just take what you have and invest in wisely. Or win, increasing your value in terms of endorsements.

I say get paid lil bruh!

Did the Eagles ask him for a paycut when he sucked balls for two seasons? Dude did what he was being paid to do, nothing more.
Desean Jackson: five-year, $47 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed

Percy Harvin: six-year, $67 million contract. The deal contains $25.5 million guaranteed

you guys think he is wrong to b***h?

No, hell no
If I where the GM I don't think I would be too keen on giving him a new deal but I sure as f**k won't bash the dude for tryin to get paid.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Desean Jackson: five-year, $47 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed

Percy Harvin: six-year, $67 million contract. The deal contains $25.5 million guaranteed

you guys think he is wrong to b***h?

No, hell no

Who cares he Harvin trade has been a bust Jackson signed the contract so shut up that is why will NEVER win
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

I say get paid lil bruh!

100% agree.

How about people on here stay content with what they are making right now. Oh you can't afford paying the mortgage? Should have invested better and not blown your money away.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I say get paid lil bruh!

100% agree.

How about people on here stay content with what they are making right now. Oh you can't afford paying the mortgage? Should have invested better and not blown your money away.

Or maybe you shouldn't buy a house you can't afford.

Dud signed a contract..live by it
People say he will never win.

Look at his bank account I'm sure he's winning.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I say get paid lil bruh!

100% agree.

Not nearly the same though I do agree that as an athlete you have to make as much as you can, while you can. With that said, I still wouldn't do it if I were the Eagles GM. Reading his comments, he seems like a guy that will implode if he doesn't get what he seeks.

You think if this were LeSean McCoy making the same comments that people would take issue with it?

I say get paid lil bruh!

He was overpaid before. Not an elite talent, just another smallish receiver with an inflated sense of self worth.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Hilarious. Sadly this is the kind of stuff that makes it hard to retain guys. Not just that players are asking for this much (particularly the ones who haven't proven much), but that teams are willing to pay it.

I find it interesting that you rarely here of the Andre Johnson's, Larry Fitzgerald's, Calvin Johnson's, etc asking for money. They just go and prove it on the field. Here Desean Jackson is, 2 years into a 5 year deal, on the day his team was eliminated from the postseason, and he's talking about a new deal. Really? I highly doubt you'd here the same from AJ Green after the Bengals loss yesterday (2 years left). Even with Michael Crabtree, who many on the Webzone believe is a diva, has not said a word about money since his rookie year. Sometimes a player may need to speak up to get what is due (see Frank Gore in 2011), but more often than not, it's just another greedy athlete.

actually...

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/2011886672_apfbntexansjohnson.html

Houston Texans receiver Andre Johnson wants a new contract.

The Pro Bowl wideout skipped the team's first voluntary practice of the offseason Monday and no one is sure when he'll join the team.

Johnson has five years left on an eight-year contract worth $60 million that included $15 million in guarantees. The Texans restructured his first contract with two years remaining.

I say get paid lil bruh!

The contracts are usually tied to performance.