LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

DeSean Jackson needs more money to feed his kids

Shop 49ers game tickets
Or something............dude's gonna be making a salary of $10 million next season, apparently that isn't enough. He's still got three years remaining on his current deal.

""I definitely feel it's something deserving," Jackson said on locker-cleanout day, via Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com. "We'll see how that plays out, and hopefully we can work things out smoothly and not have to worry about anything out of the ordinary."

"Anything out of the ordinary" would include Jackson staying away from voluntary offseason workouts or holding out of training camp. The former would result in the squandering of a $250,000 workout bonus; the later would carry fines in the amount of $30,000 per day, along with partial forfeiture of his $2 million signing bonus allocation for 2014.

"But I definitely feel like it's deserving," Jackson said. "I'm proven in this league, and after this past year, went out there, no distractions, and just really put it all in for my team and went out there and had a lot of success, so we'll see how it goes."

He's due to earn a base salary of $10.25 million. Factoring in the signing bonus allocation and the workout bonus, that's a total cap charge of $12.5 million."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/desean-jackson-begins-lobbying-for-new-deal/

Best comment I saw:

"Howie Roseman said he would certainly give Jackson a $15M bonus effective immediately in good faith for a job well done in 2013. He asked that Jackson first refund the money paid in 2011 and 2012 when he was no better than Nate Burleson."
Forget this fool seemz like every few yrz he wantz more money ...Hez tha kinda guy that killz team salary capz im glad we dont have him ...
Sign a $47 million deal in 2012 and then say you deserve a new contract 2 years later?

Some players are just jerks. Pulling a Revis.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or something............dude's gonna be making a salary of $10 million next season, apparently that isn't enough. He's still got three years remaining on his current deal.

""I definitely feel it's something deserving," Jackson said on locker-cleanout day, via Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com. "We'll see how that plays out, and hopefully we can work things out smoothly and not have to worry about anything out of the ordinary."

"Anything out of the ordinary" would include Jackson staying away from voluntary offseason workouts or holding out of training camp. The former would result in the squandering of a $250,000 workout bonus; the later would carry fines in the amount of $30,000 per day, along with partial forfeiture of his $2 million signing bonus allocation for 2014.

"But I definitely feel like it's deserving," Jackson said. "I'm proven in this league, and after this past year, went out there, no distractions, and just really put it all in for my team and went out there and had a lot of success, so we'll see how it goes."

He's due to earn a base salary of $10.25 million. Factoring in the signing bonus allocation and the workout bonus, that's a total cap charge of $12.5 million."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/desean-jackson-begins-lobbying-for-new-deal/

Best comment I saw:

"Howie Roseman said he would certainly give Jackson a $15M bonus effective immediately in good faith for a job well done in 2013. He asked that Jackson first refund the money paid in 2011 and 2012 when he was no better than Nate Burleson."

Hilarious. Sadly this is the kind of stuff that makes it hard to retain guys. Not just that players are asking for this much (particularly the ones who haven't proven much), but that teams are willing to pay it.

I find it interesting that you rarely here of the Andre Johnson's, Larry Fitzgerald's, Calvin Johnson's, etc asking for money. They just go and prove it on the field. Here Desean Jackson is, 2 years into a 5 year deal, on the day his team was eliminated from the postseason, and he's talking about a new deal. Really? I highly doubt you'd here the same from AJ Green after the Bengals loss yesterday (2 years left). Even with Michael Crabtree, who many on the Webzone believe is a diva, has not said a word about money since his rookie year. Sometimes a player may need to speak up to get what is due (see Frank Gore in 2011), but more often than not, it's just another greedy athlete.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Sign a $47 million deal in 2012 and then say you deserve a new contract 2 years later?

Some players are just jerks. Pulling a Revis.

At least in Revis's case, he was legitimately the best at his position.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wow, dude is crazy. thinks he's megatron.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy he isn't on our team.

What a malcontent.
DeSean is a Jackass, always has been, always will be. f**k that midget megalomaniac.
So not only do we sign Fitzgerald, we will also sign D-Jax to complete the transition to Run N' Shoot offense with Boldin and Crabs
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So not only do we sign Fitzgerald, we will also sign D-Jax to complete the transition to Run N' Shoot offense with Boldin and Crabs

No...D-Jax is a D-bag.

I remember Latrell Sprewell ....who said he couldn't feed his kids on a 14 million a year contract lol
Have to agree with Jackson here. Teams will cut your ass in a split second if your production dips (or for any other reason, or for no reason at all).....but you can't ask for more money if your production increases (and his has)? Seriously, they can take away your income at a moments notice and everyone is ok with that part of the NFL, but when a player wants more money for doing a better job, people lose their s**t.

I say get paid lil bruh!
Glad we don't have this cancer. Dude is about himself and the money.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Have to agree with Jackson here. Teams will cut your ass in a split second if your production dips (or for any other reason, or for no reason at all).....but you can't ask for more money if your production increases (and his has)? Seriously, they can take away your income at a moments notice and everyone is ok with that part of the NFL, but when a player wants more money for doing a better job, people lose their s**t.

I say get paid lil bruh!

He's getting paid millions. It's not like hes working for minimum wage and will be hurting if he were to theoretically get cut.
dude got shut down the whole first half of the saints game and only made a catch after kenan lewis went down. not elite!
Share 49ersWebzone