Change thread title.

and then there was one

man, get your own line!

Originally posted by darkknight49:
And then there was one.
Originally posted by hateradin:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by dj43:
It wasn't all that hard to see a HS QB that was widely reported to be a unique talent coming out. Same for Andrew Luck. His father, a well connected former NFL player, carefully orchestrated his son's career and chose Stanford in large part for the academics, not just football.

As I said above, and I'll leave it here; Harbaugh is good, not great.

Bull crap. I guess you didn't see what Harbaugh did for Rich Gannon and the Raiders. QB is the hardest position to coach. Only *elite* coaches can coach that position decently. In addition to Kaep, Luck, Josh Johnson, how about adding Alex, and Gannon. Joe Montana took three years to get to the Super Bowl, Kaep did it in his 2nd year. Explain to me how that isn't a friggen miracle only QB whisperers can make?

Ummm, maybe because Kaep took over a team that had just been to the NFCCG? I mean, this team had been picked to win their division before JH got here... Nobody's saying he's a bad coach (I wonder why everyone assumes the extremes, even when the OP said he thinks JH is a good coach, just like they need to defend Kaep when nothing had was said about him), only that maybe he's not a "QB whisperer."

Maybe I should explain this differently: nobody is saying Kaep is bad, or not the QB of the future, nobody is saying JH is a bad coach and needs to be replaced... All we're saying is it's easier to over rate people you like. Which is why every year, every team is going to win the SB, according to their fans.
That is my point in a nutshell.

After the disastrous years of Nolan, and an even greater train wreck under Singletary, just about ANYBODY was going to be an improvement. After all, most observers had projected the 49ers, based on strength of the roster, to be division winners Singletary's last year here. When he managed to turn what should have been AT LEAST a 10 win season into a nightmare that set us all in a mindset of accepting just about anyone not named Mike.

The fact Harbaugh had taken over at Stanford, a local school that had already made a commitment to turn their football program into one of national prominence, and was on the short list of coaches to come to the 49ers, we were all over the moon about him as HC here. I was one of those. JH made us all happy by not only letting the team win games they should have won, but he also put in some cool wrinkles that caught everyone's eye. He also recognized Alex Smith was a much better QB than a lot of national writers had proclaimed. When all that stuff worked out, Harbaugh was proclaimed the messiah of local football.

My point was that he is a good coach but until he steers the team through a transition of replacing the star players he inherited and continues to win, something GREAT coaches do, he is just a good coach with a loaded roster who does what any good coach should do with that roster.

As to his work with Kaepernick, I believe, once again, we are over-rating him because we like him more than Singletary, not because he has turned Colin into a Pro Bowl QB. CK is still a work in progress, IMO. He is winning in large part because of his legs, something he brought with him from UNR, not because of his passing skills. He makes some good throws but misses easy ones. He still locks in on his #1 option much of the time, and even though that #1 option is a good one who makes unreal catches, his progression still needs work. It is my opinion that Harbaugh should have him further along in his development AS A PASSER than he is, but maybe that is just because he was further from being an accomplished passer when he came from Reno than we expected. In any case, I have stated my case and am finished with it.

Though I would like to have had one more game at Candlestick, my preference has always been to go back up to Seattle and beat the Seachickens in their own "invincible" house. Nothing would please me more than to see Kaepernick put on a good, solid consistent show up there and send us to the Super Bowl.

After the disastrous years of Nolan, and an even greater train wreck under Singletary, just about ANYBODY was going to be an improvement. After all, most observers had projected the 49ers, based on strength of the roster, to be division winners Singletary's last year here. When he managed to turn what should have been AT LEAST a 10 win season into a nightmare that set us all in a mindset of accepting just about anyone not named Mike.

The fact Harbaugh had taken over at Stanford, a local school that had already made a commitment to turn their football program into one of national prominence, and was on the short list of coaches to come to the 49ers, we were all over the moon about him as HC here. I was one of those. JH made us all happy by not only letting the team win games they should have won, but he also put in some cool wrinkles that caught everyone's eye. He also recognized Alex Smith was a much better QB than a lot of national writers had proclaimed. When all that stuff worked out, Harbaugh was proclaimed the messiah of local football.

My point was that he is a good coach but until he steers the team through a transition of replacing the star players he inherited and continues to win, something GREAT coaches do, he is just a good coach with a loaded roster who does what any good coach should do with that roster.

As to his work with Kaepernick, I believe, once again, we are over-rating him because we like him more than Singletary, not because he has turned Colin into a Pro Bowl QB. CK is still a work in progress, IMO. He is winning in large part because of his legs, something he brought with him from UNR, not because of his passing skills. He makes some good throws but misses easy ones. He still locks in on his #1 option much of the time, and even though that #1 option is a good one who makes unreal catches, his progression still needs work. It is my opinion that Harbaugh should have him further along in his development AS A PASSER than he is, but maybe that is just because he was further from being an accomplished passer when he came from Reno than we expected. In any case, I have stated my case and am finished with it.

Though I would like to have had one more game at Candlestick, my preference has always been to go back up to Seattle and beat the Seachickens in their own "invincible" house. Nothing would please me more than to see Kaepernick put on a good, solid consistent show up there and send us to the Super Bowl.

I know I can't believe he's been given so much credit while relying on:

Colin Kaepernick
Aldon Smith
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Jonathan Goodwin
Anquan Boldin
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Eric Reid
David Akers
Phil Dawson
Perrish Cox
Mario Manningham
Randy Moss
Glenn Dorsey
Kevin McDermott

And he had the audacity to elevate these bench players to starting positions!!:

Tramaine Brock
NaVorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Alex Boone
Ray McDonald

[ Edited by hateradin on Jan 14, 2014 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Colin Kaepernick
Aldon Smith
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Jonathan Goodwin
Anquan Boldin
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Eric Reid
David Akers
Phil Dawson
Perrish Cox
Mario Manningham
Randy Moss
Glenn Dorsey
Kevin McDermott

Tramaine Brock
NaVorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Alex Boone
Ray McDonald

i lol'd
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
lol

+1
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Colin Kaepernick
Aldon Smith
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Jonathan Goodwin
Anquan Boldin
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Eric Reid
David Akers
Phil Dawson
Perrish Cox
Mario Manningham
Randy Moss
Glenn Dorsey
Kevin McDermott

Tramaine Brock
NaVorro Bowman
Ahmad Brooks
Alex Boone
Ray McDonald

It's clear that the previous regimes were responsible for all of that talent .