LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Wild Card Weekend

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It's the only stat that matters..this time of year

You are obviously very happy that Smith lost...it's kind of sad in a weird way. So much invested in a guy losing.

I want every team to lose right now, except the 49rs of course
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
This falls on Andy Reid and the defensive coordinator.

There's no reason why Reid called the plays late, forcing KC to burn two timeouts on that one drive. There's no reason why they kept calling passing plays when they were up. Yes, you are down 2 RBs, but you still deplete the clock.

And that defense was horrid in the 2nd half.

I feel bad for Alex Smith. He had the best performance of his career. And his team let him down.

You don't believe that nor do I. You haven't said a word about Philadelphia...why not? No, you just come back to bash Smith and gloat..."Oh look! He lost! He's a loser!" Sad. Somehow, even though he played well enough to win...40 points is usually enough...you hang it on him and celebrate. Seriously, think about this and see if you can't see a bit of absurdity in all this hating.

You don't believe that nor do I. You haven't said a word about Philadelphia...why not? No, you just come back to bash Smith and gloat..."Oh look! He lost! He's a loser!" Sad. Somehow, even though he played well enough to win...40 points is usually enough...you hang it on him and celebrate. Seriously, think about this and see if you can't see a bit of absurdity in all this hating.

alex smith has a 106.6 quarterback rating 0 int and 9 tds in 3 playoff games....378 yards passing today plus 57 yards rushing, for 435 yards total offense
Originally posted by hofer36:
alex smith has a 106.6 quarterback rating 0 int and 9 tds in 3 playoff games....378 yards passing today plus 57 yards rushing, for 435 yards total offense
Forget stats and even W's and L's ...Thats the kinda "homey" you want to have. MOFO IS DOWN FOR WATEVER
That last pass to Bowe reminded me an aweful lot of smith in his early Niner years. Another foot inside and Bowe hauls it in easily! Smith has never excelled throwing the deep sideline ball
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Jan 5, 2014 at 1:18 AM ]
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
That's last pass to Bowe reminded me an aweful lot of smith in his early Niners years. Another foot inside and Bowe hauls it in easily! Smith has never excelled throwing the deep sideline ball

Neither have i neither have you
Originally posted by rominjoe:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They are having a f**king meltdown over at the Chiefs forum, mostly in debate about Alex Smith, lol, the good old days.

Link

Lol, reminds me of NT after the NFCCG game 2 years ago.

LMAO...if Alex Smith put up 4 TDs and 378 yards passing...we would have beat the giants 28-0.

The forum i saw they were beating up on (rightfully) chiefs defense

Rodney Harrison was critical of chiefs failure to put tighter coverage on ty Hilton, the colts only real threat....then on nfl network deion sanders said essentially the same thing

dilfer and hoge on nfl prime time noted that on the missed pass downfield to rb gray, gray turned his shoulders inward rather than keeping them in the direction he was running, lowering his chances to make the catch
I must say, Smith played great today, surprised even me!

However, he was not the best QB in the game and anyone who disagrees is a blind homer.
Alex Smith played a great game, and I really do mean GREAT, but (and this is a big but) he did not play well enough to win.

And Andrew Luck did.

It's that simple.

And both defenses sucked, so it was pretty much offense vs offense the whole game.

Smith is a choke job. He cannot win a big one. He hasn't won one meaningful playoff game.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Smith is a choke job. He cannot win a big one. He hasn't won one meaningful playoff game.
No he has not...
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by zillabeast2:
Just reviewing the final pass to Bowe. Should have been PI. The defender had an arm bar on Bowe before the pass arrived. You can clearly see Bowe's upper body being moved toward the sideline BEFORE he catches the ball. Without the arm, Bowe catches it and stays in bounds and KC has an easy field goal to win the game with seconds left on the clock.

I saw that too

but playoff football...

Yeah, it's the playoffs. Only blatant holds and PI violations get called.

Niner coaches should remember this, especially after last post season.

…and that is OK with me. I don't want officials deciding the outcome. Though that was PI, it was not so blatant that everybody in the house would jump up and scream. Still, if it had been called I don't think there would be much room to argue against it. Just my thoughts...

the noncall was consistent with the way they called the game all day..but the arm bar was similar to one called on a long pass in niners ravens game in 2011 on Terrell brown
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280264&page=5

Jakemall, resident Chiefs/Alex fan is already over there, stirring s**t up.

Gotta register to see

Those guys are crazy. Without smith they are 2-14

When I think NT has gone off the deep end, I go over to ChiefsPlanet and it makes me appreciate NT, even on a bad day. Some of the most vocal posters over there appear to never watch a football game. Even Mike Mayock, a guy who never had any real love for Alex Smith, admitted today that he was far beyond a "game manager."

I've watched a lot of football in my time and I can count on the fingers of my hands the number of times I have seen a better performance in a big game than what Smith did today. He was brilliant.

What was brilliant was the QB that actually won the game

what wasn't brilliant--your post

Stop trying to make this about smith...let it go
Share 49ersWebzone