There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jerry Jones wants more playoff teams.

6 teams. seed the teams based on record.
i laughed my ass off when i saw this!! no mind about getting better, we need to extend the playoff teams!!
leave it as is, this isn't the NBA
Originally posted by communist:
now, the playoff system is guilty for the Dallas' mediocrity.
Jerry Jones does not make any mistakes. ever.

he is the mistake.

This. If he wants his team to be relevant on the football field again, he needs to relinquish his duties as president and GM of the club. But his ego is getting the best of him and I'm coo with that.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by communist:
now, the playoff system is guilty for the Dallas' mediocrity.
Jerry Jones does not make any mistakes. ever.

he is the mistake.

This. If he wants his team to be relevant on the football field again, he needs to relinquish his duties as president and GM of the club. But his ego is getting the best of him and I'm coo with that.

and they signed romo to a fat extention that no team would ever trade for
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
........................eliminated week 17 three years in a row.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10237964/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-favor-expanding-nfl-playoffs

Weren't those 3 games essentially "playoff" games anyway??
Course he does. They can't make it under the current format.

So tired of hearing about the Cowboys and Jets. They suck and have sucked for some time, yet they get more media than a lot of the elite teams.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
6 teams. seed the teams based on record.

Yeah, that's way it should be, tired of crap teams getting the right to host, winning a division anymore is just a pissing contest, no more than it actually matters within the entire NFC picture (it just rewards mediocrity). -If the Saints had hosted the 7-9 Hawks in 2010, NO would probably have two trophies (Packers would have likely had to go through NO instead of Chicago to face the Steelers in a dome Superbowl).
How much juice can you squeeze from a lemon?
If we add more teams to the playoffs almost have of the league would be in the playoffs. Oh thats rights we already have 37% of the league make it to the playoffs.
I like the format EXACTLY where it is. But then again, i don't like change. This is coming from a guy who hated a 7 game playoff first round series in the NBA and hates the idea of changing back to a 2-2-1-1-1 format in the nba finals.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
leave it as is, this isn't the NBA

This. NBA 1st round playoff round is a fukin' joke. NFL playoffs have the best format.
Of course he does!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Keep it the way it is .500 teams do not belong in the play-offs. This isn't the NBA or NHL where half the teams get in.
Originally posted by BobS:
Keep it the way it is .500 teams do not belong in the play-offs. This isn't the NBA or NHL where half the teams get in.

Those last 3 games were basically "playoff" games. So I don't know what he's yapping about.