LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

Is my hatred for the Seahawks and their fans irrational?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Seahawks dislike for Kap is strange because they suck off a prick like Sherman.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Seahawks dislike for Kap is strange because they suck off a prick like Sherman.

That instagram comparison is sickening. SEA fans should be ashamed but they are probably getting it tattooed on themselves.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Your fanbase did this. Pretty much speaks for itself.

I don't think I have a fan base (least not that I'm aware of)

Seriously though . . .
rabib sport followers will exaggerate and spin to their own advantage - 't is why fan is short for "fanatic"

There is no advantage. It's just you guys being a*****es to be a*****es.

Lisa has always been a classy humble poster. I think you are going after the wrong poster. She's cool in my book. But yea, I know what u mean about most of their fans
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The only reason why you hate Seattle is because they're good. I remembered we use to HATE THE RAMS when they had the greatest show on turf. Once they're no longer good, we'll focus our hatred on another team.

Rams fans were not that bad back then. But social media didn't really exist back then so it's hard to compare.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM ]
Was Russell Wilson just finished blowing off that dog in one of those Instagram pictures? Pretty amazing the fan that posted it on Instagram was proud of it, typical Seahawk fan, good job guy..lol or should I say good blowjob Russell.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Was Russell Wilson just finished blowing off that dog in one of those Instagram pictures? Pretty amazing the fan that posted it on Instagram was proud of it, typical Seahawk fan, good job guy..lol or should I say good blowjob Russell.

He thought it was his wife. Understandable.
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
So, when you have a 49er fan's dick in your mouth, do you talk this much?

Nah, i'm too busy snowballing the remnants with your mother

sick burn lol. seahawks fans are f**kin annoying. they have little man syndrome. theyve been on our forum all year policing us and making sure were not saying mean things about them lol. ive never seen a more pathetic fanbase. so worried about their image that they flock to every other teams forums to make sure theyre getting credit for their fluky wins and PED infused players. theyre particularly shaken right now because of how mediocre they have been playing lately so theyre even more touchy than usual. have fun with them. respectfulpacker is alright by me, were gonna beat greenbays ass on sunday but I hope u stick around in here lol
Back before humans became civilized, there were packs of beta males wondering around trying to scratch out an existence. Part of that "scratching" was being a general pain in the a$$ to the alpha males and their women and children. Thievery and basically taking a dump on everyone else was the be all and end all.

Seattle sports fans are the beta males of the sports world. I'm pretty sure the fans of all the other teams hate these guys because crapping on everyone is all they have because regular season performance just doesn't cut it. Truth be told, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they finally won something since I can only presume that they'd behave themselves a little better, much like the beta male would temporarily put their crapping on everyone else aside after the extremely occasional lay.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
Back before humans became civilized, there were packs of beta males wondering around trying to scratch out an existence. Part of that "scratching" was being a general pain in the a$$ to the alpha males and their women and children. Thievery and basically taking a dump on everyone else was the be all and end all.

Seattle sports fans are the beta males of the sports world. I'm pretty sure the fans of all the other teams hate these guys because crapping on everyone is all they have because regular season performance just doesn't cut it. Truth be told, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they finally won something since I can only presume that they'd behave themselves a little better, much like the beta male would temporarily put their crapping on everyone else aside after the extremely occasional lay.

i feel like them winning would only make it worse. i hope they suffer a cowboy style loss in the playoffs losing on the final play of regulation or an overtime fumble/fieldgoal loss. f**k them

I know it's tired to say that the Hawks have never won anything, but they haven't. As a result, Seahawk fans have no idea how to handle the high level of success they are having this year. It also doesn't help that Richard Sherman is one of the main faces of the franchise, which allows the Seattle fanbase to have no issue with imitating his crass, obnoxious behavior and directing it towards other teams' fans, especially fans of the 49ers.

All fanbases have issues, but look at the revered icons of the 49ers teams of the past... Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brent Jones, Dwight Clark, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott, etc. The 49ers of the 80's and 90's were KNOWN for being classy & respectful on and off the field. Yes, we will acknowledge Eddie D got involved in some bad s**t, which he and the team paid for dearly during the dark years. But overall, the 49ers embodied humility and sportsmanship (we'll ignore the obvious exception to the rule... Teeeee Oooooh).

Yes, there are definitely "bad fans" with every fanbase, but 49er fans in general know how to win with dignity. We're not really a fanbase to shove our W's in the faces of our opponents. We never had big problems with Cardinal or Rams fans during their respective runs during the 00's, and our relationships with them are still pretty sound. You'd also be hard-pressed to find any big issues between Packers & 49ers fans... we're not really the types to get that upset when both of our teams have had such a blessed history.

I will say our relationship with Cowboys fans is different, but I don't think there's a lot of seething hatred there. It's old... we don't like each other but we rarely cross paths anyway.

But Seahawk fans... man, it's something altogether different. They don't hesitate to laugh in your face when you lose, even if you're not playing them that week. I think they take their Texas A&M 12th Man'ing a little overboard. They believe that since they need to be LOUD at their games, they need to bring that intensity to all aspects of their fandom. And as a result, they are overly negative towards other fans and defend said behavior as a mark of pride.

Not all Seahawk fans are like this... that's for sure. But I have about 5-7 guys I went to college with who are Seahawk fans, and you can tell they have no idea what they're doing right now. They boast about the Clink being the best stadium in the NFL, but they won't acknowledge that it helps make them a better team (even after I explain to them how it affects the snap count and audibles at the line). They call their organization "classy," but refuse to accept that their players are constantly getting tested positive for performance enhancers and that the Seahawks led the league in penalties this year. They think they have the best secondary in the league, but won't own the physical CB play under Carroll (again, leading the league penalties) and blame the refs for every loss even when the PI is completely obvious.

If I were to ask Hawk-fans to shape up, here's what I'd ask of them:

1. Stop being so aggressively negative. The Kaepernick-hate is completely unjustified. That Instagram-thing was completely uncalled for.
2. Realize you guys value your rivalry with us WAY more than we do. Tone it down a little bit, because we care about you as much as the Packers, Saints, etc.
3. Own who you are. Raiders fans love their team's dirty play. Your team is not a bunch of angels. The PI penalties and suspensions are justified. OWN IT.
4. Try not to live in a "football vacuum." You guys tally points from blowouts like they are marks of greatness. Beating a bad team like the Bills or Jags by 30 is normal if you're a top-10 team in this league. It is not something to post on your wall or in your forum signature like it's a grand accomplishment. No one cares and you look like you've never watched football before.
5. Not every player on your team is a Pro Bowler. The irrational love you guys have for some of your more mediocre players is ridiculous. Jermaine Kearse and Malcolm Smith are just regular dudes.
6. Acknowledge who Pete Carroll is and what he represents. We know our coach is a loudmouth on the sideline and you probably don't like him, so you should have the same expectations for what we think of Pete... if not worse. His exit from USC speaks for itself.
7. Accept that you got gifted a W with Fail Mary. Marshawn Lynch even said you lost the game. Own it.
8. Realize that the Clink makes your team A LOT better at home than it is on the road. Because seriously, look at Carroll's record on the road since he's been with the Hawks.

That's all I got.

This neeeds to be pinned somewhere. Beautiful.
I'm done with Seattle. I'm taking the high road on their team and their fanbase. They're obviously obsessed with us because we have something that they don't....championships. And in turn, the reason why we're obsessed with them is because of their childish antics. Do you think they put this much effort in hating the rams and Cardinals where they have a collective 1 championship? When you think NFC West, you think 49ers, and when SEA were dominate in the 2000's, the 49ers still captured the headlines in that division.

I can emphasize with SEA because as a Sacramento Kings fan, i hated the lakers in the early 2000's. And even when we had the teams to win it all, the lakers were one step ahead of us. SAC has never won a championship but it didn't stop us talking s**t about the laker organization and fans who enjoyed a s**t load more than us. All Sacramento has is its pride. The same for Seattle-all they have to show is their pride and loud spirit. Hell, the only championship that city has ever witnessed moved to OKC. I would be very bitter too.

In the end, SEA is SF's little brother both as a sports city (baseball and football) and as far as an actual city. They despise us because they want to be us!!! And if you ask any honest SEAHAWK fan, they would trade all of their team spirit, 12th man, and their stadium to be in our shoes and win 5 championships and be a legit threat to win our 6th IN A HEARTBEAT. I know there's NO WAY IN HELL I would trade places with the Seahawk organization and the only thing to show 37 years of existence is a loud stadium, a slogan that they ripped off a college team, and neon green jerseys. Jealousy breeds hatred.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Seahawks isn't the only team that has been "successful" this year. But why the hatred for only them? By fans from all across the country?

I honestly think it's because of the way the players and fans act. For example, before last season's blowout loss to Seattle on the road, I didn't even have any opinion about seahawk fans. But after that win for them, their fans have gone out of their way to be as brash, rude, and cocky as possible all year long. From trolling other team's forums, to pulling off stunts to disrespect other teams (brick buying, flying banners, etc...).

Yet, you insinuate it's "jealousy" from other fans? Why would they be jealous? Packers have a tradition of winning. Why would they be jealous of you guys?

Exactly, why should a fan that has seen his team win championships be jealous of a fan who's team is the textbook definition of irrelevant?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

He thought it was his wife. Understandable.

That's a pretty messed up thing to write bro, how can you be mad at disrespectful Hawk fans when your writing crap like that?
Originally posted by 9ers:
This neeeds to be pinned somewhere. Beautiful.

I'd probably wanna proof-read & revise it a bit if that becomes the case... need to add something about the Wilson-overworship. First drafts are never the best drafts!
Share 49ersWebzone