There are 250 users in the forums

Is my hatred for the Seahawks and their fans irrational?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Its the stolen12th man BS. Its the stadium designed to cheat. Its Pete the Cheat and the dirty programs he runs. Its the arrogance when they haven't done s**t. Its the Wilson nut gargling from the national media when he too really hasn't done anything that spectacular. Its the lack of respect from the team and fans alike for any other team in the NFL. Its the butt ugly uniforms.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by JoRo:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by JoRo:
This Seahawks team thrives on disrespect. I think they go out of their way to antagonize people into disrespecting them just to keep that chip on their shoulder.

getting into your opponents heads is actually a very good tactic across all sports. If you're playing angry, you tend to make mistakes.

I think Sherman is one of the best at it. He comes across as a giant douche but when you see him outside of football he's such a classy guy. He does a ton for charity and at all of the Seahawks events he always goes out of his way to interact with the fans and sign autographs.

Classy guy? Hahahahahahahahaha. The guy is a grade-A douchebag. Lot's of douchebags sign autographs and participate in charity. Only special types of douchebags treat others which such respect as shown below...

Can't stand Skip either but how can anyone say Sherman has class ???? Especially after watching that.
The Seattle Seahawk franchise are the 3rd class citizens of the NFL.
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by OahuHawkFan:
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Let's clear something up first, I have a secondary interest into the fortunes of the NFC West, unless it's playoff time, like this Sunday.

I have always known the Niners to be a noble foe for the Packers, an organisation with a rich history and some almost mythical legends. Joe Montana is a hero for me, the personification of cool. I can also respect the work done in pulling the team out of the wilderness, which has occurred in the past three or so years.

Now, I am not against the noveau riche, the possibility of parity in the NFL these days makes it all the better, and lord knows there are a lot of teams and fanbases that are cursed by the gods (i'm looking at YOU, Minnesota/Cleveland), and deserve better.

So why is it, that I can't stand the Seahawks and the MAJORITY of their fanbase?

I don't really care about the failmary, stranger things have and will happen. I can't fault the footlocker zebra's, I blame Goodell.

Maybe it was the reaction of that trannyfaced rat, Pete Carroll, or Richard SherDouche's weekly' transgressions. I think though, most of all, it's the slapdick fanbase who have but a nominal understanding of the game flapping their gums about being the best team ever of ever in ever.

Just what is it that makes Seattle and their ridiculous, pimple-minded fans so hard to tolerate?

I mean, let's say the Packers navigate the niners, and get to Seattle pending other results. Why do I want Mason Crosby to kick a last second field goal from 63 yards in a 4th quarter comeback after being down by 28 as opposed to a blowout?

I figured, with y'all experiences in dealing with the 'hawks and their fans, you could enlighten me more

Quite frankly, there's no rationality in any sports fandom - your hatred, your jubilation at your own team. Whatever, it's all merely a common distraction we as fans share - and an arbitrary assignment of support or vilification based on birthright or some other factor including simply, one's decision. It's certainly a decision you are entitled to.

If you choose to hate people from a city where the fans are particularly excited during a winning year simply because they don't often have a sports team to be excited about, then it's simply that - your choice. But I would argue it's more telling of your annoyance about your perception of your own teams likelihood of success than anything else. When you're down on your luck as a franchise, success becomes a source of envy. Luckily, it's very cyclical, so everyone has their chance - eventually. As it happens, this year is probably Seattle's year. If you can't handle that, well....that's your problem then isn't it?

Seahawks isn't the only team that has been "successful" this year. But why the hatred for only them? By fans from all across the country?

I honestly think it's because of the way the players and fans act. For example, before last season's blowout loss to Seattle on the road, I didn't even have any opinion about seahawk fans. But after that win for them, their fans have gone out of their way to be as brash, rude, and cocky as possible all year long. From trolling other team's forums, to pulling off stunts to disrespect other teams (brick buying, flying banners, etc...).

Yet, you insinuate it's "jealousy" from other fans? Why would they be jealous? Packers have a tradition of winning. Why would they be jealous of you guys?

I know it's tired to say that the Hawks have never won anything, but they haven't. As a result, Seahawk fans have no idea how to handle the high level of success they are having this year. It also doesn't help that Richard Sherman is one of the main faces of the franchise, which allows the Seattle fanbase to have no issue with imitating his crass, obnoxious behavior and directing it towards other teams' fans, especially fans of the 49ers.

All fanbases have issues, but look at the revered icons of the 49ers teams of the past... Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brent Jones, Dwight Clark, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott, etc. The 49ers of the 80's and 90's were KNOWN for being classy & respectful on and off the field. Yes, we will acknowledge Eddie D got involved in some bad s**t, which he and the team paid for dearly during the dark years. But overall, the 49ers embodied humility and sportsmanship (we'll ignore the obvious exception to the rule... Teeeee Oooooh).

Yes, there are definitely "bad fans" with every fanbase, but 49er fans in general know how to win with dignity. We're not really a fanbase to shove our W's in the faces of our opponents. We never had big problems with Cardinal or Rams fans during their respective runs during the 00's, and our relationships with them are still pretty sound. You'd also be hard-pressed to find any big issues between Packers & 49ers fans... we're not really the types to get that upset when both of our teams have had such a blessed history.

I will say our relationship with Cowboys fans is different, but I don't think there's a lot of seething hatred there. It's old... we don't like each other but we rarely cross paths anyway.

But Seahawk fans... man, it's something altogether different. They don't hesitate to laugh in your face when you lose, even if you're not playing them that week. I think they take their Texas A&M 12th Man'ing a little overboard. They believe that since they need to be LOUD at their games, they need to bring that intensity to all aspects of their fandom. And as a result, they are overly negative towards other fans and defend said behavior as a mark of pride.

Not all Seahawk fans are like this... that's for sure. But I have about 5-7 guys I went to college with who are Seahawk fans, and you can tell they have no idea what they're doing right now. They boast about the Clink being the best stadium in the NFL, but they won't acknowledge that it helps make them a better team (even after I explain to them how it affects the snap count and audibles at the line). They call their organization "classy," but refuse to accept that their players are constantly getting tested positive for performance enhancers and that the Seahawks led the league in penalties this year. They think they have the best secondary in the league, but won't own the physical CB play under Carroll (again, leading the league penalties) and blame the refs for every loss even when the PI is completely obvious.

If I were to ask Hawk-fans to shape up, here's what I'd ask of them:

1. Stop being so aggressively negative. The Kaepernick-hate is completely unjustified. That Instagram-thing was completely uncalled for.
2. Realize you guys value your rivalry with us WAY more than we do. Tone it down a little bit, because we care about you as much as the Packers, Saints, etc.
3. Own who you are. Raiders fans love their team's dirty play. Your team is not a bunch of angels. The PI penalties and suspensions are justified. OWN IT.
4. Try not to live in a "football vacuum." You guys tally points from blowouts like they are marks of greatness. Beating a bad team like the Bills or Jags by 30 is normal if you're a top-10 team in this league. It is not something to post on your wall or in your forum signature like it's a grand accomplishment. No one cares and you look like you've never watched football before.
5. Not every player on your team is a Pro Bowler. The irrational love you guys have for some of your more mediocre players is ridiculous. Jermaine Kearse and Malcolm Smith are just regular dudes.
6. Acknowledge who Pete Carroll is and what he represents. We know our coach is a loudmouth on the sideline and you probably don't like him, so you should have the same expectations for what we think of Pete... if not worse. His exit from USC speaks for itself.
7. Accept that you got gifted a W with Fail Mary. Marshawn Lynch even said you lost the game. Own it.
8. Realize that the Clink makes your team A LOT better at home than it is on the road. Because seriously, look at Carroll's record on the road since he's been with the Hawks.

That's all I got.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:

If I were to ask Hawk-fans to shape up, here's what I'd ask of them:

1. Stop being so aggressively negative. The Kaepernick-hate is completely unjustified. That Instagram-thing was completely uncalled for.
2. Realize you guys value your rivalry with us WAY more than we do. Tone it down a little bit, because we care about you as much as the Packers, Saints, etc.
3. Own who you are. Raiders fans love their team's dirty play. Your team is not a bunch of angels. The PI penalties and suspensions are justified. OWN IT.
4. Try not to live in a "football vacuum." You guys tally points from blowouts like they are marks of greatness. Beating a bad team like the Bills or Jags by 30 is normal if you're a top-10 team in this league. It is not something to post on your wall or in your forum signature like it's a grand accomplishment. No one cares and you look like you've never watched football before.
5. Not every player on your team is a Pro Bowler. The irrational love you guys have for some of your more mediocre players is ridiculous. Jermaine Kearse and Malcolm Smith are just regular dudes.
6. Acknowledge who Pete Carroll is and what he represents. We know our coach is a loudmouth on the sideline and you probably don't like him, so you should have the same expectations for what we think of Pete... if not worse. His exit from USC speaks for itself.
7. Accept that you got gifted a W with Fail Mary. Marshawn Lynch even said you lost the game. Own it.
8. Realize that the Clink makes your team A LOT better at home than it is on the road. Because seriously, look at Carroll's record on the road since he's been with the Hawks.

That's all I got.

1. I'm all about being positive and I certainly don't hate Kaepernick (not sure what Instagram you're referring to)
2. Yep - the Niners have many more long-standing rivalries than the Hawks (they are 30 years older, after all) but, it's apparent with how much play they get here that it definitely takes two to tango.
3. I LOVE the fact they play physical. Defense is my favorite aspect of ANY sport and having a particularly hard-nosed DEE on the grid iron is awesome (give me a goal-line defensive stop to win a game over a hail (or fail ) mary pass, any day.
4. True. Beating up on bad teams is nothing to brag about. But, there have been some pretty GOOD teams that they have beat up on as well (conversely, they're collective losses were only 15 point total deficit).
5. I think it's fun to root for the lessor players to get their shot at helping the team - it takes a village
6. Think what you will of Pete but, he has been great for this team and this community (and, he continues to help the community he left as well)
7. One of the reasons I would like it if the Hawks got the Pack next weekend - to prove they can beat Aaron and company - "legitimately"
8. Most teams are better at home than on the road . . . as for Pete's road record . . . 2-6, 3-5, 3-5, 6-2 . . . improving!

That's all I got
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
1. I'm all about being positive and I certainly don't hate Kaepernick (not sure what Instagram you're referring to)

Your fanbase did this. Pretty much speaks for itself.

Then there was a repsonse...

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM ]

I don't think I have a fan base (least not that I'm aware of)

Seriously though . . .
rabib sport followers will exaggerate and spin to their own advantage - 't is why fan is short for "fanatic"
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Jan 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

I don't think I have a fan base (least not that I'm aware of)

Seriously though . . .
rabib sport followers will exaggerate and spin to their own advantage - 't is why fan is short for "fanatic"

There is no advantage. It's just you guys being a*****es to be a*****es.
The only reason why you hate Seattle is because they're good. I remembered we use to HATE THE RAMS when they had the greatest show on turf. Once they're no longer good, we'll focus our hatred on another team.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The only reason why you hate Seattle is because they're good. I remembered we use to HATE THE RAMS when they had the greatest show on turf. Once they're no longer good, we'll focus our hatred on another team.

I don't hate Seattle. I just want their fans to calm the F- down and act like they didn't just discover football last week.

NickSh49 just kilt this thread...kilt it good

I don't hate Seattle. I just want their fans to calm the F- down and act like they didn't just discover football last week.
I do hate Richard Sherman, but I agree on the other points!

to be fair they've only known about it for one year.
  • Jiks
People are too soft anymore. So many feels.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
NickSh49 just kilt this thread...kilt it good

Share 49ersWebzone