There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How far into the Playoffs will the Chiefs go?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
its the NFL play-offs and anything can happen. The Indy vs Chiefs game 2 weeks ago really does not matter, Andy Reid played a vanilla game throughout while the Colts came with every will to win. I don´t think the gametape will give Colts anything but it will help the Chiefs

Ok, I see how my post above is slightly inaccurate:

Chiefs were #5 as of two weeks ago regardless of what happened (i.e. Denver clinched HFA, and KC had way more wins than any other wildcard team could have). The Colts on the other hand were battling for a possible #3 seed, but Cincinnati held strong and locked it down.

So makes sense that the Chiefs would lay down knowing there was a very good chance for a rematch in the wildcard round, and they got it.
What are you talking about, Chiefs had a chance to take the 1st seed that game vs the Colts

They lost twice to Denver. They would have to be 1 game up on Denver to win the division. There was a long shot chance that Denver would lose to either the Texans or the Raider the following week. So you would go all out to beat the Colts for that long shot. And show your hands in the process, when you know you would have to play these same Colts in the playoff in the wild card rounds...

That's just dumb.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
its the NFL play-offs and anything can happen. The Indy vs Chiefs game 2 weeks ago really does not matter, Andy Reid played a vanilla game throughout while the Colts came with every will to win. I don�t think the gametape will give Colts anything but it will help the Chiefs

Ok, I see how my post above is slightly inaccurate:

Chiefs were #5 as of two weeks ago regardless of what happened (i.e. Denver clinched HFA, and KC had way more wins than any other wildcard team could have). The Colts on the other hand were battling for a possible #3 seed, but Cincinnati held strong and locked it down.

So makes sense that the Chiefs would lay down knowing there was a very good chance for a rematch in the wildcard round, and they got it.
What are you talking about, Chiefs had a chance to take the 1st seed that game vs the Colts

They lost twice to Denver. They would have to be 1 game up on Denver to win the division. There was a long shot chance that Denver would lose to either the Texans or the Raider the following week. So you would go all out to beat the Colts for that long shot. And show your hands in the process, when you know you would have to play these same Colts in the playoff in the wild card rounds...

That's just dumb.

What's dumb is to accept defeat before even playing
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What's dumb is to accept defeat before even playing
giving up your playbook just because you have got a very small chance to win the division, additionally in exchange for some key injuries isnt smart at all.

if you control your own destiny, you have to go out and try to win as hard as you can. but if the broncos face two of the worst teams in their last two games, it is simply useless to go all-in.
this sports is based on execution AND strategy. the superior strategy for the discussed scenario is my proposition, imho.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What's dumb is to accept defeat before even playing
giving up your playbook just because you have got a very small chance to win the division, additionally in exchange for some key injuries isnt smart at all.

if you control your own destiny, you have to go out and try to win as hard as you can. but if the broncos face two of the worst teams in their last two games, it is simply useless to go all-in.
this sports is based on execution AND strategy. the superior strategy for the discussed scenario is my proposition, imho.

Hiding 3-4 extra plays will not do anything...
it is not only about "special" plays, it is about your reaction to the opponent.
imo, the chiefs saw the gameplan by the colts against them but this is not valid the other way around. advantage chiefs.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 4, 2014 at 7:23 AM ]
I think it will be one and done for the Chiefs. Indy should do everything they can to take Charles away and make Alex beat them down the field. I think the Colts win by a TD
Originally posted by communist:
it is not only about "special" plays, it is about your reaction on the opponent.
imo, the chiefs saw the gameplan by the colts against them but this is not valid the other way around. advantage chiefs.

Lol..really
They probably won't make it past the wildcard. 2-5 in their last 7 games. 1-5 against teams with winning records. Defense is not playing well. They lost to IND 23-7 at home just a couple weeks ago.

The key for the Chiefs is winning the TO battle by a significant margin. That's how they won so many games. +18 for the year. They are the 21st ranked offense and 24th ranked defense, but rank 6th and 5th in points scored/allowed. That's because of turnover differential.
Will they or won't they? Hmmmm.... it's really anyone's guess, and it matters not at all on anyone's guess. Getting pumped for this one! A shower soon, and then on goes the KC jersey!

Let's go, Chiefs! I am prepared to accept a loss or win today... but a KC win today and a SF win tomorrow will make for a great start to the New Year!

SF vs KC super bowl would be fun. Still hoping ...
Wow I didn't even know Greg Manusky is the Colt's DC...it all makes sense now.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,791
They won't get past Indy. The Colts have beaten the 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos this year and are 4-2 against play-off teams. Kansas City is 1-5 against play-off teams with the lone win coming against the Eagles when they still had Michael Vick at QB.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
They probably won't make it past the wildcard. 2-5 in their last 7 games. 1-5 against teams with winning records. Defense is not playing well. They lost to IND 23-7 at home just a couple weeks ago.

The key for the Chiefs is winning the TO battle by a significant margin. That's how they won so many games. +18 for the year. They are the 21st ranked offense and 24th ranked defense, but rank 6th and 5th in points scored/allowed. That's because of turnover differential.

Those last 7 games were all without Justin Houston (1st half Defensive Player of the Year) and a badly nicked up Tamba Hali. (That is the equivalent of the 49ers without Bowman and Willis.) That had a huge impact on everything the defense did. Luck has been sacked a lot over the past 4 weeks. Houston is back and Hali, though still with a sore knee, is ready to go. That pressure will force Luck to throw early and allow Chiefs to play man. Not a good sign for Colts.

All Pro Dontari Poe got the week off last week so he will be ready to anchor the middle against the run. He also brings pressure up the middle that often forces the QB to move outside where Hali and Houston will be waiting. Poe is playing the best NT we have seen since Vince Wilfork was young.

Chiefs can run the ball better than Indy. Charles' speed on turf is always a threat. Knile Davis has come on over the second half to be the kind of big banger back they had hoped when they drafted him. Indy has nothing like these two. If KC gets a lead they can play keep away from Luck with their WCO running game.

As you say, turnovers may be the deciding factor, as is often the case. IMO, if KC doesn't turn it over, they win a field goal game.

If the Chiefs stay healthy they could beat Cincy, and possibly New England. I still think Denver goes to the Super Bowl.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM ]
Chiefs need depth. They are more vulnerable because of injuries on defense. I don't see them going all the way to the SB. Kinda like us in 2011. Injuries to the receivers lessen our chances by a lot.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Chiefs need depth. They are more vulnerable because of injuries on defense. I don't see them going all the way to the SB. Kinda like us in 2011. Injuries to the receivers lessen our chances by a lot.

May be true. They need to take advantage of the hype they'll get from this kind of turn around to get some real depth.