LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Jay Cutler just inked a new 7 year deal with the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
lol kap already made it to the super bowl something cutler will never accomplish ever

cutler is a classic case of overhyping of the media without looking at intangibles like leadership and drive to win...cutler proved he has neither of them wen he faked an injury in the playoffs and bears lost to GB

also big thing that no one mentions ever anymore is that he has type 1 diabetes, which is a devastating disease and definitely will impact him in games hindering his performance...its tough to manage your blood sugar at all times when ur just living a normal life but a pro athlete its impossible...
Cutler reminds me of Jeff George.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

yup, totally agree ....Million dollar arms with 10 cent heads
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

ya...i've always been a Cutler supporter, thought he was a terrific QB even in Denver. i figured that it was only a matter of time until he gets "it" and becomes that great QB that everybody thought he could be. guess not...
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

ya...i've always been a Cutler supporter, thought he was a terrific QB even in Denver. i figured that it was only a matter of time until he gets "it" and becomes that great QB that everybody thought he could be. guess not...
Well, I guess he got "it" w/the big bucks.
If Jay Cutler gets cut, are you interested?

The guy's an old 33, and he's been injury prone. But he probably has at least a few more seasons in him.

Say the Niners have the 1st or 2nd pick overall and want Myles Garrett and the Bears cut Cutler. Would you want the team to pick him up? Almost any QB is going to look like crap on the Niners at this point IMO, so I don't think he'd be an instantaneous fix. But the team has a s**t ton of cap room, and maybe they could get a WR & a guard...

Cutler isn't a great fit for Kelly's offense, and neither is Torrey Smith. Kelly needs a quick-strike kind of QB who can run the ball a bit. Cutler used to actually be deceptively fast; I doubt he is any more. Plus he can't take many more hits. So the fit isn't good.

However, he's 10 times better than the current Niner QBs. It would be a huge, instantaneous upgrade.

What say you?

...By the way, I'm just posing a question, not recommending something.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:26 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'd rather draft Chad Kelly than sign Cutler, that's how I feel about that cuck.
As Bill Walsh used to say of Steve DeBerg "he plays just good enough to get you beat". Shows amazing arm strength and then makes a killer mistake at the worst time. Sound like Cutler?

Walsh also said this in his book, Finding the Winning Edge, Coach Bill Walsh had this to say about quarterbacks:

"If throwing a ball was the only aspect of playing quarterback, evaluating the position of quarterback would be a relatively simple task. Because of the dynamic role that a quarterback plays on a team, he must have the physical, mental, emotional and instinctive traits that go well beyond his ability to pass the football. A quarterback, for example, must be courageous and intensely competitive."
That doesn't sound like Cutler.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 8, 2016 at 2:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
As Bill Walsh used to say of Steve DeBerg "he plays just good enough to get you beat". Shows amazing arm strength and then makes a killer mistake at the worst time. Sound like Cutler?

Walsh also said this in his book, Finding the Winning Edge, Coach Bill Walsh had this to say about quarterbacks:

"If throwing a ball was the only aspect of playing quarterback, evaluating the position of quarterback would be a relatively simple task. Because of the dynamic role that a quarterback plays on a team, he must have the physical, mental, emotional and instinctive traits that go well beyond his ability to pass the football. A quarterback, for example, must be courageous and intensely competitive."
That doesn't sound like Cutler.

Thanks Ronnie!
Great info from the Genius.

We sure could use him now.
Share 49ersWebzone