LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Jay Cutler just inked a new 7 year deal with the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by fister30:
Easy come easy go, unless the cap changes kap may go because of the cap. This doesn't worry me. I hope we keep kap because I think he will get much better but there are plenty of QB's in the sea.

If there's one position you don't f**k with, it's the QB position. I don't care how good Harbs is at developing them. We're going to live and die with Kap unless his backup outperforms him. Judging how things went this preseason, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't get these guys saying we will just let Kap go if he wants a big contract. Delusional.

Also Kap isn't going to get 100+ million after this year. The guys who have gotten that have proven themselves for multiple years in the league. Kap doesn't have the leverage to get that type of deal.

I doubt it maybe $60 million is more acceptable
I sure hope Kap doesn't expect that.... Maybe $60M/4year contract or something. If he's got a ring on his finger, well.... things might be different.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Easy come easy go, unless the cap changes kap may go because of the cap. This doesn't worry me. I hope we keep kap because I think he will get much better but there are plenty of QB's in the sea.

If there's one position you don't f**k with, it's the QB position. I don't care how good Harbs is at developing them. We're going to live and die with Kap unless his backup outperforms him. Judging how things went this preseason, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't get these guys saying we will just let Kap go if he wants a big contract. Delusional.

Also Kap isn't going to get 100+ million after this year. The guys who have gotten that have proven themselves for multiple years in the league. Kap doesn't have the leverage to get that type of deal.

My question to all the people who think kap isnt gonna get a $100 million dollar deal is why not? AB and a couple of other posters and I got into a respectful back n forth about this subjuct a few months back. The problem was no one could give me a legit reason why he wouldnt get the $100m deal. Remember a standard 7yr deal at a below market value $15m per season is a $105m. Guys who cant even a) make the playoffs b) win one or two games in the playoffs c) get to the superbowl and possibly win it are getting $100m deals. So if your 26yr old qb has hit all 3 of those is a freeagent you pay him! Also remember to franchise tag your qb it will also cost north of $15m! So i repeat how is he not gonna get a $100m deal????
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Sorry. just saw the $$.

Not worth it. He won't take them to the Super Bowl. They need a lot mote than him.

Yea, starting with a quarterback.
Originally posted by bALLSOhARD:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

My question to all the people who think kap isnt gonna get a $100 million dollar deal is why not? AB and a couple of other posters and I got into a respectful back n forth about this subjuct a few months back. The problem was no one could give me a legit reason why he wouldnt get the $100m deal. Remember a standard 7yr deal at a below market value $15m per season is a $105m. Guys who cant even a) make the playoffs b) win one or two games in the playoffs c) get to the superbowl and possibly win it are getting $100m deals. So if your 26yr old qb has hit all 3 of those is a freeagent you pay him! Also remember to franchise tag your qb it will also cost north of $15m! So i repeat how is he not gonna get a $100m deal????

There's certainly arguments for and against it. As a passer, Kap doesn't put up numbers like (dare I say) the Flacco's and Cutler's of the world.

But unlike them, he is a consistent winner....
Bwahaha! The Bears version of a Romo deal.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
no way in hell I would have given cutler that much money...they have holes to fill on defense
plus the oline is a main concern
Haha da Bears hahaha
we're f**ked. Kap is going to ask for 100 mil.

RIP future superbowls.
wait, the first 3 years are fully guaranteed???

did i miss anything? has he won the SB yet?

why not franchising and waiting for the offers instead?
i mean, he is good but injury-prone. and mccown replaced him almost equivalently.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Can't top Jerry Jones stupidity...but this isn't that far off
Didn't their back up come in and play great?...

They didn't really need to break the bank on a QB
Cutler is the best QB in bears history.

soak it in. it's true.
great if cutler gets that much money without taking his team to the playoffs then we will have to pay out of the yin yang for Kaep's extension
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Cutler is the best QB in bears history.

soak it in. it's true.

McMahon has a ring and It's unlikely Cutler gets one!
Share 49ersWebzone