There are 226 users in the forums

Jay Cutler just inked a new 7 year deal with the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
Only QB I'd contemplate spending that much on is Brady and maybe Rodgers too.

No way in hell am I spending that much on an average QB that will require a talented roster from top to bottom to be successful and having a stacked roster is impossible in these situations where the QB takes up a good percentage of the cap.

Ravens fans are already seeing glimpses of the cons and downsides of Fluko's ridiculous contract. It'll be awhile before they even sniff another Super Bowl
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
F'kin A!

We got the division locked up until 2020.

You lucky dogs, LOL. I agree. Cutler is probably the most over-rated QB in the league imo.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM ]
Kind of a headscratcher move if you ask me. I think Packer fans are rejoicing right now. Lol
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Way too much for THAT QB. This is the kind of thing that drives up the market needlessly.
Sorry, I wanted to say that it is way too much for him, right.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 2, 2014 at 1:43 PM ]
aw hell Kap gonna ask for that much at least
He'll never be elite. He's an UNT waiting to happen and arguably the second best QB on the team. Will average $18M/yr too? Bears fans are pissed.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by fister30:
At least I'm not a bears fan. Goodness.

wait till Kap asks for Flacco money.

#WhosGotTheMightyWings

forealz, dude is gonna get paid. gonna be sad seeing some of the people we have to let go to sign him

Easy come easy go, unless the cap changes kap may go because of the cap. This doesn't worry me. I hope we keep kap because I think he will get much better but there are plenty of QB's in the sea.
Easy come easy go, unless the cap changes kap may go because of the cap. This doesn't worry me. I hope we keep kap because I think he will get much better but there are plenty of QB's in the sea.

If there's one position you don't f**k with, it's the QB position. I don't care how good Harbs is at developing them. We're going to live and die with Kap unless his backup outperforms him. Judging how things went this preseason, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he not a winner

Originally posted by socalniner:
aw hell Kap gonna ask for that much at least

Any mention on how much $$$$ he signed for?

Being we'll have to be resigning Kap the figure will be interesting to look at.
Sorry. just saw the $$.

Not worth it. He won't take them to the Super Bowl. They need a lot mote than him.
Maybe he will stop pouting now?

Originally posted by socalniner:

If there's one position you don't f**k with, it's the QB position. I don't care how good Harbs is at developing them. We're going to live and die with Kap unless his backup outperforms him. Judging how things went this preseason, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't get these guys saying we will just let Kap go if he wants a big contract. Delusional.

Also Kap isn't going to get 100+ million after this year. The guys who have gotten that have proven themselves for multiple years in the league. Kap doesn't have the leverage to get that type of deal.
Share 49ersWebzone