LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Jay Cutler just inked a new 7 year deal with the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
JAY CUTLER RE-SIGNS WITH BEARS Chicago general manager Phil Emery announces Cutler is signed through 2020

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/02/bears-sign-jay-cutler-to-seven-year-contract/

So there goes the speculation on the future of the QB position for the Bears......

I'd like to see something more official, especially since there isn't anything on the Bears official site yet.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM ]
F'kin A!

We got the division locked up until 2020.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Also resigned CB Tim Jennings and G Matt Slausen to 1 year extensions that end after 2014.
He'll play just good enough to get you beat.
With Jay not a FA Houston will definitely go Bridgewater in the draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
With Jay not a FA Houston will definitely go Bridgewater in the draft.

My thoughts exactly. Unless they can trade back a few picks and get Bortles?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
HAO MACH!?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
HAO MACH!?

Bridgewater has very small hands for a QB. I envision him slipping in the draft. If I were Houston, I'd trade my second round pick to Washington(who doesn't have a 1st, and would then have 2 consecutive second round picks to work with) for Cousins, and then draft Clowney 1st overall.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Report: Cutler's averaging $18 million a year in first three years of new deal http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nqZ

somewhat dumb move IMO.

He was injured half of the year, has the diabeetus, somewhat diva attitude at times, and you sign him for seven years?

ESPECIALLY when your bears defense needs some tuning up?
;
A 3-4 year would've been perfect but whatevs. We'll see what happens. He just reminds me of Tony Romo and Farve too much for me to take him into super bowl seriousness. Live by the pass crazy gun, die by the pass crazy gun.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
somewhat dumb move IMO.

He was injured half of the year, has the diabeetus, somewhat diva attitude at times, and you sign him for seven years?

;
A 3-4 year would've been perfect but whatevs. We'll see what happens. He just reminds me of Tony Romo and Farve too much for me to take him into super bowl seriousness. Live by the pass crazy gun, die by the pass crazy gun.

That LBS (low blood sugar ) could f**k him up during a game. I have had diabetes since I was 3, never had a problem during sports doe
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
somewhat dumb move IMO.

;

As above it sounds like it could be a front load deal. $54M over 3 years than it probably drops to $8 per year making him easy to cut or trade.
Terrible move, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Terrible move, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

So is his wife....Reality TV pays folks. Get on TV and marry a rich athlete....
Share 49ersWebzone