There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Larry Fitzgerald not open to paycut

Reports here in Arizona have indicated that Larry Fitzgerald is not willing to accept a paycut as his contract balloons starting next season, reaching a total cap hit of $18 million in 2014 and then $21 million in 2015. Even if they were to cut him they'd be looking at a huge cap hit. He's going to be taking a huge chunk of their salary cap for the next couple of seasons at minimum it seems. There's talk of possibly restructuring his deal and spreading out the cap hit over the additional 3 years after, but the reports made it clear that he's not willing to take less money overall.
Fitz, Boldin, and Crabs
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Fitz, Boldin, and Crabs

And then you woke up
The price of success and everyone is going to want to get paid right?

The team has seven free agent starters, including linebacker Karlos Dansby, running back Rashard Mendenhall and right tackle Eric Winston. General Manager Steve Keim has already begun the process of shaping next year's personnel.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Free-Agents-Await-Their-Fate/72fc2a54-b58c-4579-bd27-5a025894af55
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The price of success and everyone is going to want to get paid right?

The team has seven free agent starters, including linebacker Karlos Dansby, running back Rashard Mendenhall and right tackle Eric Winston. General Manager Steve Keim has already begun the process of shaping next year's personnel.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Free-Agents-Await-Their-Fate/72fc2a54-b58c-4579-bd27-5a025894af5
Awesome hopefully he keeps himself from ever getting a great qb
i dont blame fitz...he earned that money.
This is exactly why you have to issue smart contracts to these players. He wants to be paid like a QB at WR. He ain't Jerry Rice. There is nothing wrong with getting money but there is a salary cap and 52 other guys have to be paid as well. If you are building a winner there must be a better distribution of money amongst the talent
$21m!!

Ridiculous.
sounds like a great gm to me, screw your whole team up because you gave all your money to a WR with no QB
Seems like some of these NFC West teams are going to keep themselves from truly competing.
what these dudes get paid is ridic
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i dont blame fitz...he earned that money.

I agree...This isnt a Flacco situation. The guy was underpaid for years, had to fight tooth an nail to get a decent deal and now that they are finally good and not leaning entirely on him to put asses in the seats they want him to take a cut? I dont think so.

I dont often side with individual players on salary, but sometimes when a guy has been your entire franchise for years and years...you pay the man.
Originally posted by English:
$21m!!

Ridiculous.
Note the words cap hit...tells me the deal was back end loaded which is poor structure.

Trent always front end loads deals and signs them in years where we have space...making the guy a bargain at the end of his deal and for very good reason.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Jan 2, 2014 at 6:22 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Fitz, Boldin, and Crabs

And then you woke up
i woke up all wet..
Originally posted by English:
$21m!!

Ridiculous.

That's enough to feed a small country lmao! It's amazing how rich a single person can get, wtf do u do with all that friggin money?