There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Bruce Arians & Karlos Dansby still believe Wilson is better than Kaepernick????

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
wilson was better this year
Agreed got to respect him but I still think kap will have better career

yea, both quarterbacks are going to be good for years to come. Wilson having a slightly better year doesnt make him the better quarterback
Originally posted by crabman82:
he had a better season by a little bit, yeah kaep had wr's out while wilson was missing a lot of o-line pieces. all in all they're both pretty good and i dont think in order to like one you have to hate the other. they're pretty close in terms of talent and talent around them.

I don't know the specifics of SF injuries this year but I know Wilson has been without his top 2 WR over half the season and the OL has missed 20 total starts by the starters, not counting Mcquiston playing out of position half the year. He's had every excuse to not perform and all he's done is improve upon his incredible rookie year.
Can someone post both of their stats for this season?
Originally posted by JoRo:
Originally posted by crabman82:
he had a better season by a little bit, yeah kaep had wr's out while wilson was missing a lot of o-line pieces. all in all they're both pretty good and i dont think in order to like one you have to hate the other. they're pretty close in terms of talent and talent around them.

I don't know the specifics of SF injuries this year but I know Wilson has been without his top 2 WR over half the season and the OL has missed 20 total starts by the starters, not counting Mcquiston playing out of position half the year. He's had every excuse to not perform and all he's done is improve upon his incredible rookie year.

Arians looks like the grown up verison of Ralphie from A Christmas Story
The major difference as I see it is that Kap struggled at the beginning of the year and Wilson is struggling at the end of the year. Wilson's stats for the last 4 games of the year:

Team record: 2-2; Completion percentage: 58%; Yards passing per game: 171; TD: 4; INT: 3. His QBR (ESPN stat) was never over 50.

Kaps stats for the same period of time:

Team record: 4-0; Completion percentage: 60%; Yards passing per game: 221; TD: 6; INT: 1. His QBR was never below 50.

Wilson has regressed, Kap is making strides!

Kap hasnt had Crabs for most of the year but that doesn't stop this forum from going royally apes**t whenever he fails to pass for 300 yards.

Apparently not having your best receiver isn't a legitimate excuse when we're talking about a 49ers quarterback.
Arians is a good coach who waited a long time for his shot. He's entitled to his opinion, as we are. I've watched 49er and Seahawks games all year long, at least 2 and 3 times. What I've noticed is that good defenses shut Wilson down. The Hawks defense is so good that he just has to make a few plays to win. His wideouts, Kearse and Tate can't beat you the entire game. They get their receptions when the play breaks down and Wilson moves outside the pocket to his right. If Marshawn Lynch is shut down Wilson's passing figs are below average. When he's in the pocket with decent pressure his lack of height becomes a factor. One more thing, Seahawks' special teams are lights out, putting them in good field position.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
No
[ Edited by LVJay on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM ]
Maybe because Wilson had more yards, less attempts, better completion %, more TD, better QB rating and more rushing yards than Kaepernick did. That's with Seattle rushing for less yards than SF.

He ran for one measley TD. Wilson is a good QB tho but I'm not sure how high his ceiling is
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM ]

Top 2 WR's? Harvin actually counts? Sidney Rice too? They're both always injured that noone counts them anymore. I think you seahawk fans should consider Tate/Baldwin as your best WR's. They're more younger and more reliable. The other 2 WR's are over-rated.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
And Lynch/Turbin has been more consistent moving the chains than Gore/Hunter.

Look at the lack of production lately and what it has meant to Seattle.

These are two identical teams in the way they are built and how their success is predicated. Wilson is that anomaly of a QB who becomes more dangerous when forced to prematurely scramble.

He will receive discipline in the coming weeks.

Wilson has been much better at extending the play than Kaepernick. He's so quick and decisve that no one can catch him before he rips your heart out. Think of the Kaepernick sideline throw to Crabtree against TB this season, except like 10 times a game. That's how I feel every time Wilson pulls a conversion out of his ass every 3rd and long. Rips my heart out.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
wilson was better this year

Not by much, if at all. He was working with more competent receivers all season while Kaepernick had Boldin and absolutely nothing beyond that at WR - until Crabtree returned. Since then, Kap has been doing well. Not to mention Kap dealt with horrendous offensive game planning and play calling from Roman for the majority of the year. These things began to open up and work much better after Crabtree returned, but before that, Roman couldn't game plan or call plays to save his life.

Their numbers are not far apart, with Wilson edging Kap by 160 yards and 5 TDs, along with one more INT. They both had slightly over a 2.5-to-1 TD-to-INT ratio. All things considered, I still wouldn't say Wilson was better. What he is better at is escaping would-be sacks and extending plays in order for a receiver to get open. Other than that, meh.
I bet when that little b***h Wilson is watching kap win the superbowl he will have his stat sheet handy to make himself feel better.