LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

The browns have fired Rob Chudzinski

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Browns already have their first head coaching candidate lined up: #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. Rising star.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Agreed. Hopefully there's more to this than an impatient team that had unreasonable playoff expectations. They aren't far off but there are still some important holes to fill.

I would think that Lovie is a natural choice for them if they can get Norv to stay as OC.

They want Josh McDaniels.

I thought we were over giving the Pats' coordinators head coaching gigs.

Oh well.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Story is only hours old and the Niners already should have Chud on their radar when Roman goes to Penn State.

I read somewhere today that if O'Brien leaves then Greg Schiano of all people is Penn States top choice.

Heard that too

I don't get it. Greg Schiano IMO never did that great of a job at Rutgers. I don't see how/why he even got interviewed by Tampa in the first place. The only plus is that he's recruited in the area before.

I know Roman can't interview yet, but I think it would be wise to wait until he is available to interview (hopefully after we win the Super Bowl ). He does have some good ideas and can definitely put together a creative running game. He'd be dominant at the college level and should be able to succeed at the pro level as well.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Story is only hours old and the Niners already should have Chud on their radar when Roman goes to Penn State.

I read somewhere today that if O'Brien leaves then Greg Schiano of all people is Penn States top choice.

Heard that too

I don't get it. Greg Schiano IMO never did that great of a job at Rutgers. I don't see how/why he even got interviewed by Tampa in the first place. The only plus is that he's recruited in the area before.

I know Roman can't interview yet, but I think it would be wise to wait until he is available to interview (hopefully after we win the Super Bowl ). He does have some good ideas and can definitely put together a creative running game. He'd be dominant at the college level and should be able to succeed at the pro level as well.

they thought they had chip kelly in the bag, he backed out at the last minute to return to oregon and tampa probably was in panic mode. as i recall it was rather late in the hiring new head coach season aswell.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jan 1, 2014 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
I thought we were over giving the Pats' coordinators head coaching gigs.

Oh well.

Not just 1, but 2 of them will Bill O'Brien. If McDaniels flops again and O'Brien flops period, maybe, finally teams will stop recruiting Belichick's minions.
Share 49ersWebzone