LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

The browns have fired Rob Chudzinski

Shop 49ers game tickets
abramowitch switches the coaching staff almost every year instead of letting the GM do that if needed.
spend a look at City. the arabs gave away the operational control to another guy who hired pellegrini...thats how it goes in good soccer teams usually.
and thats how it goes in the nfl as well.
Originally posted by communist:
I remember that discussion back then very good. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Baalke, hail Lombardi. A few people indicated that if Lombardi were that good as a GM, he would't be unemployed.

I remember how bitter LaCanfora and some other folks acted when the 49ers passed on Lombardi, so salty, so butthurt over it.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Agreed. Hopefully there's more to this than an impatient team that had unreasonable playoff expectations. They aren't far off but there are still some important holes to fill.

I would think that Lovie is a natural choice for them if they can get Norv to stay as OC.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Agreed. Hopefully there's more to this than an impatient team that had unreasonable playoff expectations. They aren't far off but there are still some important holes to fill.

I would think that Lovie is a natural choice for them if they can get Norv to stay as OC.

They want Josh McDaniels.
Story is only hours old and the Niners already should have Chud on their radar when Roman goes to Penn State.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Story is only hours old and the Niners already should have Chud on their radar when Roman goes to Penn State.

I read somewhere today that if O'Brien leaves then Greg Schiano of all people is Penn States top choice.

I read somewhere today that if O'Brien leaves then Greg Schiano of all people is Penn States top choice.

Heard that too
Lombardi is a joke. Thats was a good staff in cleveland. They just didnt have all the pieces to the puzzle yet.
wait....the browns had a coach?

Could they hire greg roman
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
lol lol lol lol

They just can't seem to get it right there in Cleveland.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
lol lol lol lol

They just can't seem to get it right there in Cleveland.

This.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Heard that too

Then Greg Roman to the Tampa Bay Bucs.
Very surprising to me. I thought they would give him a couple years at least.

He is a garbage play caller though IMO. 2:1 pass-run ratio with scrub QBs on the roster. You don't air it out like that unless you have an elite QB.

Once you realize a coach is not the answer, better to let him go ASAP instead of holding out hope he'll turn it around.
Originally posted by Jcool:
They want Josh McDaniels.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Browns already have their first head coaching candidate lined up: #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. Rising star.
Share 49ersWebzone