LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

The browns have fired Rob Chudzinski

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Guy never stood a chance. This is why Cleveland is Cleveland. Hey! maybe they hire Greg Roman! That would be awesome.

And then get fired after they go 2-14 lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Not to mention this will be the 5th head coach that this guy has played for since 2007. How can any team win with that kind of continuity? Instead of concentrating on getting better in the offseason the vets will be concentrating on yet again another new scheme. Another new playbook. I'm sure it gets old.

Well, supposedly they're hoping that the offensive and defensive coaching staffs stay intact, but I'm sure more than a few of Chud's guys will tell Lombardi to go f**k himself.

Norv is Chud's best friend in the NFL so unless Norv says I WANA BE HC AGAIN he may bail to a more promising gig. Yes Josh Gordon is amazing but I wouldn't want to string my career a long year by year in Cleveland if I was Norv and who knows how long Gordon will be there...
Originally posted by buck:
Mike Lombardi is the Cleveland GM, isn't he?

I sure glad we hired Baalke and not him.

Wish the Browns luck getting a head coach.
I remember that discussion back then very good. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Baalke, hail Lombardi. A few people indicated that if Lombardi were that good as a GM, he would't be unemployed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not to mention this will be the 5th head coach that this guy has played for since 2007. How can any team win with that kind of continuity? Instead of concentrating on getting better in the offseason the vets will be concentrating on yet again another new scheme. Another new playbook. I'm sure it gets old.

Well, supposedly they're hoping that the offensive and defensive coaching staffs stay intact, but I'm sure more than a few of Chud's guys will tell Lombardi to go f**k himself.

True that, most coaches want their own guys anyhow. Here's a team with two first round picks next year, one of the top up and coming dominant wide receivers in the NFL to build around and a wide array of salary cap space available next season. Should be an ideal situation for any coach to walk into next season, yet why do I get the feeling Lombardi will f**k it up?
True that, most coaches want their own guys anyhow. Here's a team with two first round picks next year, one of the top up and coming dominant wide receivers in the NFL to build around and a wide array of salary cap space available next season. Should be an ideal situation for any coach to walk into next season, yet why do I get the feeling Lombardi will f**k it up?
I accept these arguments, very valid but still Cleveland has to explain the firing after one year very detailed. I read something about that he lost the locker room especially on the offensive side of the ball; given that he is coming from the same side of the ball, it would explain a lot.

If they cannot explain the situation sufficiently, they will have a hard time to find a new coach which is good enough because no one wants to be fired after a year.

Though, perhaps they even have one already.
Originally posted by communist:
I accept these arguments, very valid but still Cleveland has to explain the firing after one year very detailed. I read something about that he lost the locker room especially on the offensive side of the ball; given that he is coming from the same side of the ball, it would explain a lot.

If they cannot explain the situation sufficiently, they will have a hard time to find a new coach which is good enough because no one wants to be fired after a year.

Though, perhaps they even have one already.

Agreed. Hopefully there's more to this than an impatient team that had unreasonable playoff expectations. They aren't far off but there are still some important holes to fill.
Poor b*****d never had a chance.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Didn't Lombardi hire him ?
Originally posted by susweel:

Lombardi was hired after Chud.
Cleveland is a s**t hole. There are some franchises that just have no hope.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

and there you have it.
Serious??? That can't be true...Hiring the coaching staff without asking the GM is a blueprint for disaster.

Lol@Jerry Jones, Abramowitch and all the other Billionaires who think they know anything about sports without ever been a pro just because they succeeded somewhere else big time. That is a very arrogant and foolish approach in sports and almost everywhere else.
I like the idea of bringing in Norv, bad HC but good OC, hopefully nobody will hire him if he is sucessful in SF, cause they realize he sucks as a HC. Still, will he butt heads with JH?
problem is, all norv wants is a place to OC while he auditions for his next failed HC job. He doesn't get it. he is not HC material. No Thanks.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Serious??? That can't be true...Hiring the coaching staff without asking the GM is a blueprint for disaster.

Lol@Jerry Jones, Abramowitch and all the other Billionaires who think they know anything about sports without ever been a pro just because they succeeded somewhere else big time. That is a very arrogant and foolish approach in sports and almost everywhere else.

A Chelsea FC reference eh?

Abramovich's problem and european soccer in general is an incessant wanting of perfection. This is a self-inflicted wound caused by transfer market, on a managerial/coach note it is again a bit different because of the way the premier league works. He's told every manager they had to qualify for the champions league and then win it. Only Mourinho came close to it and Di Matteo succeeded in that regard and Di Matteo had hit a wall last year, and now Mourinho is back.

The way money is awarded via competitions makes soccer a much more demanding sport than football. Most clubs operation in a constant state of near debt. Much more pressure on managers to succeed for this and many other reasons.

Abramovich doesn't mess with personnel decisions like Jones does either. He just holds his managers to a near obscene standard, except for Fernando Torres and Andriy shevchenko they've pretty much never missed on outside talent since Abramovich took over; and Torres has helped deliver impact play in non-BPL comps and leadership even though he is far from his El Nino form he was in at Liverpool and Athletico.

Sorry I'm a big CFC fan and I worked at an MLS team for a bit.

I'm just happy that we have an owner that doesn't throw his weight around on every player decision but I do hope he is chiming in on our absurd play calling lol.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone