There are 175 users in the forums

raiders miscellany

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MaleMammal:
Hate to say it, but I think the Raiders have a decent chance of being a surprise team and even winning the AFC West. McKenzie just needs to have a good draft.

No way. DEN, KC and SD, in that order, are much much better.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Hate to say it, but I think the Raiders have a decent chance of being a surprise team and even winning the AFC West. McKenzie just needs to have a good draft.

I don't see it. The Raiders can hang with them.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Not as long as Dennis Allen's their HC. They can sign as many people as they want they still won't crack 500
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
If Schaub goes back to his pre-2013 self they should be much better. At least they might look like an actual NFL team for once.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Raiders will be better, but no way they compete for the West. Their roster pickups have been OK, but most of those guys are on the tail end of their career. So they're gonna be screwed again in 2 years.
I can't wait to beat the s**t out of the Raiders this year even with all their new additions
They will be better BUT not enough to compete in their division.

Broncos really improved. The Chiefs will e better and Chargers are a question mark as always.

IMO, the wars are still won in the trenches and they need to rebuild them for the future.

We made a great move by getting Davis & Iupati to fix out line. That will help any QB & running game.
They are turning into the Washington Redskins of old. The new "Over the Hill" gang with all these signings on the down hill side of their careers.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Do they have any worthwhile CB worth trading low round picks for?

They DEFINITLY need more picks.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Do they have any worthwhile CB worth trading low round picks for?

They DEFINITLY need more picks.

Terrell Brown?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
Not as long as Dennis Allen's their HC. They can sign as many people as they want they still won't crack 500

What are you basing Allen ineffectiveness as a coach on ? He has had little to nothing to work with. Has been in a tough situation since being hired and IMO it's hard to gauge what kind of a job he has done to date.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
They are turning into the Washington Redskins of old. The new "Over the Hill" gang with all these signings on the down hill side of their careers.

All those older players they've signed are 1-2 year deals save for MJD. Unlike the Skins who would sign guys to big money multi year deals. Also keep in mind they needed to spend 89% of their available cap space (60 mill) and are not an attractive landing spot for the bigger named (and younger) free agents.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by BimmerKing:

What are you basing Allen ineffectiveness as a coach on ? He has had little to nothing to work with. Has been in a tough situation since being hired and IMO it's hard to gauge what kind of a job he has done to date.

Have you watched a lot of raider games under allen? He's a horrible decision maker on the sideline. I'm not here to say they can't go .500 or better under him, but if you're asking what is the basis of his ineffectiveness, it's clearly the proof of how he's operated on gameday. Reminds me of Nolan, the way he does s**t that makes you say "WTF .
Originally posted by niners94:
All of the three teams have a good core already. Now, because the Raiders made some solid FA moves, you think that they can compete? They don't even have a true #1WR neither a stud QB.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Have you watched a lot of raider games under allen? He's a horrible decision maker on the sideline. I'm not here to say they can't go .500 or better under him, but if you're asking what is the basis of his ineffectiveness, it's clearly the proof of how he's operated on gameday. Reminds me of Nolan, the way he does s**t that makes you say "WTF .

No I didn't sit through much Raiders action these past 2 seasons, they were pretty brutal to watch given the lack of talent. Saw enough (and moreso bits and pieces of games) this year though to understand that Pryor flashes some ability but also has a long way to go in terms of development. Fair point, on his decision making though I didn't see enough to realize this was a consistent problem.

The bigger question that comes out of this is, how did YOU manage to sit through a bunch of Raiders action these last 2 years ? Do you enjoy torturing yourself ?
Share 49ersWebzone