There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

raiders miscellany

Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'll probably get laughed at for this, but now that the Raiders got Schaub, I'd like to see what Harbaugh could do with Terrelle Pryor.

i'd take pryor over mccoy and gabbert any day.


ive posted this like a year ago as well. I feel like pryor could really do some damage in the right system. id def trade for him ..

I remember that post!











Just kidding, I don't.
Hate to say it, but I think the Raiders have a decent chance of being a surprise team and even winning the AFC West. McKenzie just needs to have a good draft.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,965
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
They could, but I'm not convinced that's the best value. IMO, a guy like Sammy Watkins, Greg Robinson or maybe even Khalil Mack is better value than Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel. They could get an impact player at #5 then go with Jimmy Garoppolo, Zach Mettenberger, Taj Boyd or maybe even David Fales later.

They have positioned themselves fairly well this offseason IMO, and filled a lot of holes with stop gaps. All these older vet signings are 1 or 2 year deals with James Jones being the lone exception (3 year deal). The one youngster they signed (Austin Howard) they locked into a 5 year deal. They can go BPA at 5 now or even trade up if they are in love with one of the QB's.

Even Schaub isn't a bad trade because they have the means to eat his salary right now given that they have to use up to 89% of their cap space and he can mentor McGloin and whomever they draft. They can build through the draft these next few years and begin supplant the vets as they young guys develop.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,965
Originally posted by MaleMammal:
Hate to say it, but I think the Raiders have a decent chance of being a surprise team and even winning the AFC West. McKenzie just needs to have a good draft.

Someone earlier said their ceiling is 4 wins. I disagree, I think 8 is their ceiling but it will be tough to reach and I disagree that they can compete for the AFC west. I do think they will be more much more competitive.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
They could, but I'm not convinced that's the best value. IMO, a guy like Sammy Watkins, Greg Robinson or maybe even Khalil Mack is better value than Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel. They could get an impact player at #5 then go with Jimmy Garoppolo, Zach Mettenberger, Taj Boyd or maybe even David Fales later.

They have positioned themselves fairly well this offseason IMO, and filled a lot of holes with stop gaps. All these older vet signings are 1 or 2 year deals with James Jones being the lone exception (3 year deal). The one youngster they signed (Austin Howard) they locked into a 5 year deal. They can go BPA at 5 now or even trade up if they are in love with one of the QB's.

Even Schaub isn't a bad trade because they have the means to eat his salary right now given that they have to use up to 89% of their cap space and he can mentor McGloin and whomever they draft. They can build through the draft these next few years and begin supplant the vets as they young guys develop.

Agreed. Bring in Jared Allen and Desean Jackson and they might actually make a little noise. Jackson in particular would be a nice pickup, giving them the deep threat they haven't had in ages, and he could be released at any time with no negative cap ramifications should he act up.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'll probably get laughed at for this, but now that the Raiders got Schaub, I'd like to see what Harbaugh could do with Terrelle Pryor.


Let's do it Harbaalke! At least Pryor plays a helluva lot more like Kap than Gabbert does, screw him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'll probably get laughed at for this, but now that the Raiders got Schaub, I'd like to see what Harbaugh could do with Terrelle Pryor.


Let's do it Harbaalke! At least Pryor plays a helluva lot more like Kap than Gabbert does, screw him.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Good for the Raiders. Schaub should be a good stop gap QB for them while grooming a rookie. They need pieces all over the place and are still several years from becoming a good team, unless they have some killer drafts..
They bolstered their fron4/front7 very good, imo. Brown is a capable #2-CB. They need a #1-WR, though they a pair of solid #2-WRs.
Penn is not a 1on1 replacement for Veldheer but solid, imho.
McFadden, if he stays healthy, is a good RB.

The Raiders are a nice mock draft project imho. Their first-rounder could go almost any direction. Though, if they don't trade down, they will go after Watkins, if still available.
The draft is loaded with WR-Talent but Watkins seems to be a surefire-WR, like Megatron or AJ Green. An absolute #1-WR and some hope for the Raiders in the next 4-5 years.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,414
Originally posted by communist:
They bolstered their fron4/front7 very good, imo. Brown is a capable #2-CB. They need a #1-WR, though they a pair of solid #2-WRs.
Penn is not a 1on1 replacement for Veldheer but solid, imho.
McFadden, if he stays healthy, is a good RB.

The Raiders are a nice mock draft project imho. Their first-rounder could go almost any direction. Though, if they don't trade down, they will go after Watkins, if still available.
The draft is loaded with WR-Talent but Watkins seems to be a surefire-WR, like Megatron or AJ Green. An absolute #1-WR and some hope for the Raiders in the next 4-5 years.

Agreed. WR, RB, DT are the three major weaknesses on the team right now.

Watkins - WR (R1), Tuitt - DT (R2), Freeman - RB (R3) and throw in a LB, Interior OL, TE, and a few other players, and the Raiders will be looking pretty damn good on paper heading into training camp.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Agreed. WR, RB, DT are the three major weaknesses on the team right now.

Watkins - WR (R1), Tuitt - DT (R2), Freeman - RB (R3) and throw in a LB, Interior OL, TE, and a few other players, and the Raiders will be looking pretty damn good on paper heading into training camp.
This...unless they really sign Incognito.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,087
houston and veldheer are gone; mckenzie is an idiot.
Originally posted by MaleMammal:
Hate to say it, but I im a Raider fan

  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 27,965
Originally posted by GEEK:
Agreed. WR, RB, DT are the three major weaknesses on the team right now.

Watkins - WR (R1), Tuitt - DT (R2), Freeman - RB (R3) and throw in a LB, Interior OL, TE, and a few other players, and the Raiders will be looking pretty damn good on paper heading into training camp.

What about QB ? They need a QB to develop. If they are not picking a QB at 5, they would benefit from a trade down there.
They have soooo many needs.

BUT I'm really hoping they take Watkins off the board so Rams [I think they trade down] don't get him.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,087
mckenzie says "pryor wants to start so bad."
he'll waive pryor, but pryor has 1% chance of starting anywhere.
will he go the same delusional route as tebow, or wise up and become a receiver?
i'd sign him in a minute if he agreed to move to wr/te. ridiculous athlete.