LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

raiders miscellany

Shop 49ers game tickets
They should have paid Veldheer a ransom and front loaded a 10 year or something crazy deal to make use of their cap space. The approach we took with Staley...
Signing both Tuck and Woodley today takes a little sting out of the first two embarrassing days of free agency.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
They should have paid Veldheer a ransom and front loaded a 10 year or something crazy deal to make use of their cap space. The approach we took with Staley...

this. it was going to be so difficult to fill $60 million, but if they did it right they would have had so much cheap talent in 3 years.

but whatever the raiders are going to raider.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Signing both Tuck and Woodley today takes a little sting out of the first two embarrassing days of free agency.

They're good players but they're past their prime. This team needs youth and talent. Lots of it. They had cash to spend and couldn't get anyone.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

They're good players but they're past their prime. This team needs youth and talent. Lots of it. They had cash to spend and couldn't get anyone.

The definitely have a long way to go on so many fronts, but getting these two solid veterans who can still play is at least a step in the right direction.
THIS JUST IN:

Raiders ARE A JOKE

3 G'Z BABY OHH YEAH!!!

I think the sports analysts on 95.7 got a speaking to from the higher ups. They were ripping the Raiders left and right for first signing Saffold to the deal they did and then to have it voided due to a physical.

After signing Tuck and Woodley they are singing the praises of McKenzie. Tuck and Woodley are okay signings but those two are past their prime. Raiders will go 5 - 11 at best next year, Allen will be fired and most likely McKenzie as well.
Agree SportsFan.

They need so much that these 2 guys are a drop in the bucket at best.
http://s27.postimg.org/idnxlk7vz/Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Shane_Mosley.jpg

Raiders opponents for 2014. Looking at this list can you honestly see 3 wins in here. The AFC West is hard, NFC west even the AFC east is up and coming. If I am Allen and/or McKenzie you have to look at this schedule and realize you are in a no win situation.
Schefter is reporting they just signed Tarell Brown

Signed some good players. That defense should keep them in most games if they gel.
Originally posted by niners94:
Signed some good players. That defense should keep them in most games if they gel.

Yeah they've added some nice pieces with a ton of experience. However, I still think they screwed the pooch when they fired Hue Jackson. A healthy McFadden in 2011 would've resulted in them coasting to an AFC west title. Although I do understand why the move was made with McKenzie taking over.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if the raiders draft ot robinson and watson gets and stays healthy, they'll have quite the bookends.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Schefter is reporting they just signed Tarell Brown

The 49ers reportedly were offering Brown $10 million over three years. The 29-year-old opted to bet on himself and hit the market again next offseason rather than return to San Francisco.

A 42-game starter over the past three seasons, Brown likely will line up opposite 2013 first-round draft pickD.J. Hayden in Oakland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334228/article/antonio-smith-tarell-brown-joining-oakland-raiders

A life long Niner! I'll miss him and wish him the best.
It is tough losing another guy from the 2007 draft, which turned out to be McLoughan and Nolan's masterpiece.

I wish him all the best.... except when we play them
[ Edited by LayTheWoodall on Mar 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone